Flying Eagles Return to KI?!?!?!

tycoonrebel7188

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking around the net today and came across this Flying Eagles fansite. http://flyeraddicts.com/ On the right side of the page under "Flyer Addict News" there is a news story and a picture claiming that two flyers tubs were spotted in the KI parking lot on October 12th. As the story says, "Could the eagles be making a return to the park in 2008?"

What do you think? I don't trust it yet because the picture is so small, but from what I can tell the tubs look new. :huh:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK FLYING EAGLES! :(

I still like to know what they were thinking when they removed Flying Eagles. It's not like it couldn't have stayed where it was when IJST was built, or even moved elsewhere in the park. If it wasn't popular I could see, but it was still a very popular ride.

Yep. There was the Les Taxis, by the Dodgems, and then there was the Ohio Overland Auto Livery down by Swan Lake and Rivertown Pizza. The Auto Livery met its demise sometime in the mid to late 90`s. The Les Taxis which became known solely as the Antique Cars the last few years obviously met their demise in the middle of the 2004 season. Those cars are now being used out at World`s of Adventure in Kansas City.

Geauga Lake had a set of Antique Cars. Wouldn`t it be ironic if they sent those down 71! I think they would be a great (and welcome) family addition to Kings Island.

And there could even be a goose crossing sign! :)

I wonder if the park would allow me to bring my putter in the park?

;)

Anyone remember Elmer Fudd singing: "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit"?

My song is: "Kill the goose, Kill the goose."

If I can't run them over, I'll use my putter and treat them like a polo ball.

:lol:

I still like to know what they were thinking when they removed Flying Eagles. It's not like it couldn't have stayed where it was when IJST was built, or even moved elsewhere in the park. If it wasn't popular I could see, but it was still a very popular ride.

"Thinking" is a relative term. A lot of people like to point the finger about the whole Flying Eagles situation, but it was totally a corporate decision. I can assure you that EVERYONE at Kings Island fought VERY hard to keep both the Eagles and the Tiques, but ultimately their higher-ups called the shots.