Segways Spark Suit Vs. Disney

If they're honestly in need of mobility then I don't see a problem. They would have to watch closely for the bad apples that don't need them. I'm sure there would have to be major discrepancy's as to where they could be used and other pedestrians being aware of liabilities of potential injuries. You could go on and on about this it's almost like a story I remember about a major retail store not offering scooters for handicapped shoppers.

The story does not make sense.

Only because, Disney offers a Segway tour for Epcot for $85 on a first come/ first served basis which is quite popular.

Why would they offer that, but then not allow someone who may need it?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks...ldEpcotTourPage

I'm willing to bet there is more to the story that was not mentioned.

To prevent accidents or injuries to Disney park guests, the Segway Tours at Epcot are only done while the World Showcase part of the park is closed. They also have Segways in the Inventions pavilion that you can take a couple minute spin on in an designated area separated by a fence to prevent stray Segways with inexperienced riders. I tried this out during a recent trip, it was a lot of fun and easier than I thought but, all participants are required to watch a short instructional film and then sign a waiver.

There are no Theme/Amusement parks that allow the Segways to enter their parks during normal operating times. I will guess as long as insurance companies refuse to pay claims for injuries resulting from accidents from the Segways then I can see way they are banned from the parks. I can not think of any other Theme/Amusement park that tries to cater to the handicapped the way Disney does.

• 3 months later...