Eiffel Tower Christmas Tree Lights

Bert

Guest kwindshawne
Yes, the atmosphere was very nice.... I missed 2005 too, but I don't remember why....Yes, I do but we won't talk about her (this isn't complainaboutyourexgirlfriend.com....LOL!!!). I live in Hamilton, where ther's nothing to do in the summer, let alone the winter.

:lol:

what's sad is that Paramount management was all set to go head long into the 2006 WinterFest. I wonder had the park not developed instant baggage when CF purchased it if they would have went forward with it (ala SOB accident days after the purchase went public). I agree that the bugs would have been worked out over time.

I remember going that year and it was COLD at the start and expensive. I think the paramount management's second attempt would have improved 100-fold from the 2005 edition. I remember speaking with a management person from the park shortly after the decision from sandusky had been made, they remained optomistic that they could persuade CF to reconsider in subsequent years.... but i doubt that many remembered that thought- especially since, and I could be wrong- but a lot of the paramount-years management has turned over.

Well, if Cedar Fair can get a few years under their belt with the Paramount Parks and pay down some of their debt, it certainly is a possibility. If done well, I believe that these winter events can be profitable. I mean, the Cincinnati Zoo has been holding the Festival of Lights since 1983. Winterfest would be a prime way for Cedar Fair to increase revenue at a time when they otherwise would not be making money.

Personally, I hope they do reintroduce Winterfest several years from now. Obviously, the pricing structure they had in 2005 would not work to support the event. But it could certainly rival other area holiday events and provide CF with some extra revenue. I just don`t foresee CF bringing WF back anytime soon.

I would also hope they do reintroduce Winterfest several years from now, but that is unlikely given the expansion of Halloween Haunt (not enough time to transition the park). 2005 had one of the coldest Decembers on record, and the extreme cold weather in addition to the bad pricing structure produced poor attendance. Everything takes time to work the bugs out. It still would be nice to see the park put up the Eiffel Tower Christmas tree for all to see as everyone drives by Kings Island over the Holiday season (It was a great sight to see every evening on the way home from work). It is probably better to get some use of out of it rather than keep it in storage somewhere.