Surfin' With The SOB.

ssdd1970

I had some rough rides a few times this season, so I'm not sure...

I read on here after the accident happened about the wild rumors about SOB. Well, a friend and I went to HH with a group of kids in their teens. I was stunned when they started talking about the people that had been killed on The Son of Beast!! Wow, do rumors go crazy. Took me awhile to explain to them, but I'm still not sure if they believed me.

I've rode it once since it reopened. To tell you the truth it's a boring coaster. Maybe that has to do with me riding it probably a good 100 times before the accident. Yet, today I find it rough, and the lay out boring. That would be a nice lay out for a steel coaster; but for now, hyper-wood coasters are just a bad idea.

My daughter who rode the SOB for the first time in 2005 ended up claiming that the SOB was the most bangin' coaster ever, get it :lol: she bought the shirt, hat, cups, poster and spread the love here at home to her BFFs. It's nice to know that a ride could have that much affect on a person in a good way, she has not missed a year in the park since 1996!

I read on here after the accident happened about the wild rumors about SOB. Well, a friend and I went to HH with a group of kids in their teens. I was stunned when they started talking about the people that had been killed on The Son of Beast!! Wow, do rumors go crazy. Took me awhile to explain to them, but I'm still not sure if they believed me.

You'd be surprised how many people still don't know SOB doesn't have a loop anymore.

Let alone Paramount doesn't own the parks anymore.

Oh, and that King Cobra's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I rode the ride once it re-opened and continued to ride it throughout the season. Even in the back seat its not that bad. The first drop is quite thrilling and if you sit in the back you get a few decent pops of air time. However, other than that theres not much to the coaster, its a sluggish, boring layout. Just an average coaster. Not that great, but not horrible.

As I have said before I rode the sob like 3 trains before the accident happened cause we went over that part of the wood that popped up and it hurt so bad. Yet when they got new trains I still gave it a chance, and now I LOVE IT!!! The new trains make it so smooth!

I didn't get a chance to ride it after it reopened this year...it was still closed during our annual family trip...But I will at some point I'm sure. I didn't mind it before the accident, and even rode in the very back seat once, and enjoyed it. I don't know if it was a good day or have just never ridden a smooth wood coaster, but i found that The Beast felt rougher to me that day than SOB...but only on that day...usually it's the other way around...

And I get to be the outcast who put no. Why? Because that roller coaster, I meant torcher device is sooooo jerky and bumpy!!! I went on like only 4 times and of those, I had some pain (not that bad), but it hurt! And why does it hurt? Because of just lapbars! Lol omg lapbars? Really? Like a lapbar will protect me. The SOB is 200ft+, and they want us to use just a lapbar?!? Plus, the lapbar isn't very tight on you. If it was tight on you, it would hurt. And if it wasn't, you would jerk around a lot like the SOB. If you had those big lapbars just like on FoF, you wouldn't jerk a lot because you would be in a tight space and it wouldn't hurt. Screw the SOB!!!

This year on SOB, I found that if I left that lapbar up at all, the G-forces in the Rose Bowl jammed it into my stomach so hard it was painful, so I started grabbing the bar on the back of the seat in front of me and pulling myself as far forward as possible, just to keep the bar in place. It worked. Being stapled in the seat for the entire second half of the ride wasn't pleasant, to say the least.........