Kid Forced to go to Halloween Haunt last month.

JAHill

I was informed by one of my friends yesterday that last month his parents dragged him to Halloween Haunt this year KNOWING that he was easily scared. They took him, and I got a brief description of his night, he was petrified. He told me in his car coming home, he was absolutely still, head felt hot, hands sweaty and could barely breathe. It's not if they should have restricted the ages more, that im asking, Im asking if his parent's should have taken him.

Edit: As seen later in post: He is 13, birthday was in October

His parents are child abusers and they should not have custody of the kid and pay a $999999 fine or serve some jail time or get the death penalty. Why would anybody do that?

Yes, I know I'm harsh, but I'm evil I guess...

Just think about it and you'll be like me and agree with me. (I hope.)

(And I know I said stupid stuff, and I'm not inmature even though I'm only 13 :) Yay youngest member.)

I think this poll is like asking if Adam Sandler is Jewish.

The real question should be, does Kings Island have the right to deny admission/limit access to children under a certain age or height during Halloween Haunt.

Adam Sandler is Jewish???

My Gawd! Next Thing You'll Be Tellin Me Is That Mel Brooks is Jewish!

As a parent I've learned that if the kids are not digging the idea then don't chance it! You could be gambling with a great time vs. a bad time. Overall it could really depend on the age of the kid in question, and if he/she has friends that might be there or going with.

The real question should be, does Kings Island have the right to deny admission/limit access to children under a certain age or height during Halloween Haunt.

If the child/parent is putting up a fuss at the front gate, bring a monster up to said family and watch their reaction. If they start bawling their eyes out, then yes, the park has the right to deny/limit access/admission to that particular child/parent/family. If nothing happens, or the child begins to giggle or laugh as he hides behind Mom's legs, then they can enter without repercussion.

Nobody has said how old the kid is yet.... If he's 2 or 3, shame on the parents... If he's 14, that kid needs to grow up!! As for KI restricting access during the Haunt, thay absolutely CAN, as long as its not based on race, religion, gender or some other protected class. Children under 12 are not a protected class, so they could bar them if they chose to.

Guest kwindshawne

Ok..here's my thought. When I was 8 or 9 or so-memory sucks, so I'm not sure-I was terrified of coasters. My folks forced me onto it. Now the end result turned out ok, I am a major enthusiast now-however, at the time, it was traumatic having to face a fear that way. Keep in mind also, during that time, I lived in xenia, having just gone through watching my town get blown away, as well as losing a friend to the storm. In that day and age, that's just the way it was-at least in my environment, you made your kids face their fears..I don't know if it was exactly wise, and anyone that knows me well, knows I am a little off, so if the tables were turned? No, I would not force any kid regardless of the age, to do something that terrified them that much.

Guest kwindshawne
I can only imagine if the kid went to Child Protective Services. Let's just say the outcome would be....totally unpredictable. In any event, it just wasn't a smart thing to do...and totally inconsiderate of not only the kid but of the parks' other guests as well.

Exactly. Parents have been incarcerated for a lot less in that respect.

I'm sorry but it's time for the kid to drop the Huggies. Parents shouldn't force anyone to do anything but really, it's just fiction.

So, because he doesn't like people jumping out at him, he's a baby? Now if he is very fearful during a normal day of life, he might actually have some issues worth talking to a doctor about. If it's just the Halloween atmosphere with things hiding around corners, give the kid a break.

My son doesn't like having things jump out at him either and he's 14. I would never consider forcing him to go to HH. That would just be cruel. And what does it teach this kid about his parents? That his feelings don't mean a darn thing to them. What a lesson to learn.

Making him go so that he "gets over" his fear is like throwing someone in the deep end of the pool and telling them to swim (only without the chance of drowning).It really won't accomplish much except to make him more fearful and distrusting.

i just want to put it out there, that I am pretty terrified of the things seen at HH and HHN at Universal. I for one absolutely hate the stuff. I really feel for the child, he should have never been forced into something that he was truly that scared of. Now, allowing him to go into more moderate haunts first or work up his tolerance would have been the way to go. That is what my parents attempted to do with me.

He should not have been forced to go. If he is that scared of Halloween monsters, his parents should have known way before they brought him to HH. Either they wanted to scare the crap out of him for the fun of it or they pay little to no attention to him to know anything about his first 13 years of life. I don't understand why a parent would put their kid through that knowing he is scared. I hope that the kid was so scared that night the he went into his parents room every 1/2 hour to wake them up saying that we can sleep since they drug him to HH. I bet if he did that they may think twice before taking him back next year.

For those who are saying there is something wrong with him, you are wrong. He has no issues, he just is not fit for pleaces in which people who aren't faint of heart, can visit. He just HATES things jumping at him, and cant stand horror or horror movies.

- hah, details at last minute again :P -