1996 Kings Island

PKIVortex

Nice video. That brings me back to the good ole days of PKI. Not to say it isnt good now, but you just cant beat that old view from atop the Eiffel Tower in 1996. I would love to see Top Gun go back to the red track, i think it gives it more of a speed demon look. It also looks weird to see the area by The Beast and the current sight if TR:TR with a log flume in it.

Yep, thats my video. :) Im one of the little boys in all red. I had to add music to it, because I was being too annoying in the background most of the time. The date is right. It was GE(General Electric) Day.

Loved your video. I hope you don't mind that I put it on here for everyone to see?

Yep, thats my video. :) Im one of the little boys in all red. I had to add music to it, because I was being too annoying in the background most of the time. The date is right. It was GE(General Electric) Day.

Loved your video. I hope you don't mind that I put it on here for everyone to see?

I didnt mind at all, glad you enjoyed it, some people wanted to hear some of the ride music so I might upload it with the original sound soon.

That was pretty cool video but you didnt show FoF with the overhead restraints! :lol: I was 10 or 11 at the time of this video and FoF and many of the other rides scared me but I rode them nonetheless.
yeah at the time I was 9 and an inch too short to ride. so we couldnt get in. :(

If you look at the time at the beginning of the video, it's before 10AM, was the park open before 10 back then? If yes, then the better do as they did in the video this season.

on GE day the park opened at 9am and rides at 10am

I meant 8 open 9 rides,

wow nice video 96, season before I started. I still miss Skylab since it was the first ride I operated. Its amazing how much can change in 11 years. Just thinking 7 years out of that 11 was spent working there starting out as a ride operator and now I'm the waterpark facility manager at GWL. Just tons of memories.

Wow that brings back some memories...particularly of my pre coaster riding days, that was about the time where i was still too scared to ride anything. I went the year after that in 97 and sat in kiddie corrals all day, getting made fun of by all the ops. I also loved the log flume there in the beginning of the video, that thing caught some air there at the bottom, or at least took a bit of a hop. I miss that thing, i liked it better than Wild Thornberries. One more random memory...my first trip to KI my dad and the guy we were with convinced me to stand on the Congo Bridge, i had no clue what was coming, being a little guy and seeing that wall of water coming at me, i think i'll need counselling, lol, i walked around the park with a comb over from turning my head away from the water still have the pictures of it somewhere...