Talkin' about old stuff

Bert

Well, here's another old thought - does anybody remember when somebody used to parachute down onto International Street up near the front? There used to be a big circle or an X painted on the ground. And how about the 2 old bi-planes that did a "dog fight" ? They were visible from International Street area. And does anybody remember the "clown band"? Maybe that wasn't the name of it, but I seem to remember them one time "marching" into the water ?

Gosh, how many years ago was that? I sure miss the good old days. I'm going to have to shut up because you're all gonna think I'm crazy.

Not only are we NOT going to think you are crazy, some of us remember all that and more (as I am sure you do as well). The Kings Island of the past was indeed a grand place, but it is also good to remember that 2007's Kings Island will be fondly remembered years from now as the Kings Island of the younger generation's past!

I'd LOVE to go back and see Luna Park, Moxahala, Puritas Springs, Euclid Beach, Riverview, Chippewa, Lincoln Park, etc., in their heydays...

I agree. My uncle was one of the balloon chasers for awhile, the ground crew that would follow the hot air balloon and pick it up from the landing site. He even got to parachute once with the guys from the air show (not as part of the show, but in the crew's off time).

I loved the Clown Band. As I posted in another topic, I used to love seeing them perform outside my window when I worked at the bakery my first year. I had just switched to playing tuba for marching band the summer before, and seeing them everyday made me want to audition for them. But a few years later the Clown Band was disbanded...