Will there be any Paramount left?

Young Gunz

Since the parking lot sign is being removed, that's clearly one of the last things with the Paramount logos on it. Can you think of any other places that have the logo?

I can think of:

-Signs along Kings Island Drive

-Employee Uniforms

-ACE Block

Are there any more, or are we officially de-Paramounted??

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, inside the park, there is (or was) still the Paramount Theater. Besides the digital infrastructure that still bears reference to Paramount, I believe that the Paramount Theater and the large marquee sign were the only remaining locations that had famous Paramount logo on it (ACE block and uniforms not withstanding). I wouldn`t be surprised to see the ACE block either removed, or altered to omit the old logo. It also wouldn`t surprise me to see all the old Paramount uniforms retired and replaced by new uniforms for this upcoming season.

I bet you will see a few Paramounts still around in the 2008 season. It is just so difficult to get rid of every Paramount because the name was literally everywhere. It would be a good scavenger hunt for next year. And anyhow there will still be a lot of guests walking around with Paramount Kings Island shirts on bought in previous years.

some of the rides' cars say "Paramount" on them......off the top of my head, the logo is/was on Delirium....

A a putty knife and/or a vinal sticker will fix any of that right up.

The paramount theater used to be the all american theater so that wouldnt be too difficult to change.

The dedication from ACE in front of The Beast saying how great it is says Paramount's Kings Island. Other than that there's not much left. At the begining of the year I was in a group who went all over Rivertown finding any trace of Paramount to have it removed. The only thing we couldnt touch was that ACE plaque.

The prefix for all the numbers at the park is 754-XXXX. 754=pki. However I have noticed that other close businesses have the same prefix such as the Outback Steakhouse by KI. I doubt that will be changed any time soon.

All the no smoking spiels at rides still said no smoking in any line at Paramounts Kings Island. If the park is on the ball they'll change them all but who knows.

They're going to have to think of something as easy to remember as PKI.com if the decided to change the website. Even then they'll still have to keep PKI as a forwarding site for many years to come.

The paramount theater used to be the all american theater so that wouldnt be too difficult to change.

You're close. It was actually The American Heritage Theater. ;)

When I called to check jacket availability last Saturday, after I had pressed 0 to speak with an operator, I was on hold for a few minutes. During that time, there was Jeff Seibert's voice, talking about Paramount's Kings Island.

You're close. It was actually The American Heritage Theater. ;)

When I called to check jacket availability last Saturday, after I had pressed 0 to speak with an operator, I was on hold for a few minutes. During that time, there was Jeff Seibert's voice, talking about Paramount's Kings Island.

My bad on the theater thing.

I love that message though. Sometimes I call it after they've all left for the day just so I can hear that message. That message is from the beginning of 2005. It talks about the new ITALIAN JOB STUNT TRACK!!, where you get to be part of your own hollywood movie chase. Then stop by over at [talking with austrailian accent] Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay!

Also with the whole spiels thing, this past year Tomb Raider still had the lady speils that included a smoking spiel saying no smoking in any line at Paramounts Kings Island.

I can't see the www.pki.com URL changing.... that has sort of become it's "brand" identity... plus www.ki.com and kingsisland.com are taken. Changing a URL in the public eye would take a few years to actually get people to use the new one.

Delta airlines did that a few years ago... their website used to be www.delta-air.com... to get the delta.com they had to buy it off of the Delta faucet folks.... it's just a matter of does CF want to buy the domain from it's current owners.

I am sure that Cedar Fair will use all the resources possible to succesfully remove Paramount from the park for the 2008 season. If they were willing to sell off all the old Paramount clothing for pocket change like they did at the end of the 2007 season, I am sure they will do what it takes to remove the rest. I think it would be tacky as a business to leave any remnants of Paramount laying around the park. It would almost show a sign of laziness on Cedar Fairs part.