What defunct ride do you miss the most?

Guest rcfreak339

Guest rcfreak339
Why do you miss King Cobra the most? Your profile says your 13, meaning the last year it even operated you were probably 7 or 8. Were you even tall enough to ride it?

yeah i was tall enough, i miss ole king cobra

• 3 weeks later...

while the eagle could have stayed where they were at because its just a patch of grass now I think they would have looked mighty out of place. The ride could have been moved else where maybe the eurobungee spot. KI needs to get the classic cars back. The Nick Toons car wash and the sponge bob under the sea would have been great too.

• 1 month later...

I liked Bayern Curve too, it was a fun little ride. I also enjoyed the Sky Ride, The Flying Dutchman, KCKC and the old themeing of the train. Not to mention Skylab, Flight Commander, the Zodiac, Tumblebug, the Screamin' Demon..... I liked them all. But I know that times change, I still love KI and I'm looking forward to more new rides in the future.

I totally miss the Theater but miss Lion County Safari a lot too. Other rides that would love back are the old fashioned cars, Screaming demon, not sure what it was called but it was in Coney Maul toward the back. You would get in one of many cages on this round thing - there were two of these round things and while one was up in the air spinning the other was down on the ground getting more riders. Sorry I do not remember the name but always enjoyed it. Miss the Smurf Enchanted voyage as it was so similar to "It's a Small Small World" attraction at Disneyland. There are a lot of the older rides I miss as I have been going to the park since long before most of you were born. LOL I grew up at Disneyland in California and moved out here about the time Kings Island opened. I was fortunate enough to have visited Coney Island before they moved the rides to their current locations - what is left of them.

Those were really fun days. Riding the ferry from Kentucky to Ohio to the gates of Coney Island and spending the day. Would love to see those old rides, or similar, return to Coney Island and see it give Kings Island some good competition. Right now the only competition they really have to improve is the parks in Louisville, Ky.

Anyone want to see Americana and Fantasy Farm return?? Those were fun places too and much more reasonable prices. Great places for Company Picnics and Family Reunions. We saw some footage of their current state - sad that such a fun place was allowed to be so destroyed. Many good memories there too.

Awwww the memories lol.

Karen, that ride you are thinking of was the Zodiac.

pkidiana14.jpg

A double armed ferris wheel made by Inatmin. Kings Island's was eventually relocated to Australia's Wonderland who then relocated it to some park in Malaysia in 2005 when Wonderland (Aus.) was demolished. Intamin also made a three armed wheel similar to the zodiac, the three armed wheel for awhile could be found at both Great America parks and I believe are both gone today, not having been relocated to any other parks. Anyone know if any other double armed ferris wheels around?

I really wish I could have gotten to experience the Lion Country Safari. I had been been on it, but was way too you to remember, and didn't start going to KI reguarly until 1996.

Karen, as far as Americana and Fantasty Farm making a come back, that hope seem to have completely died out as of last winter. The Fantasy Farm property has been completely torn up and flattened. This past summer myself, Boddah, and Dane got to go into the Americana property and photograph it in its current condition. I doubt that it ever comes back as an amusement park, unless he keeps a few rides around and mixes it in with his camp ground, although when we spoke with him there were plans to sell the land to a Christian organization to build a summer camp. You can see an article about it here: http://queencitydiscovery.blogspot.com/200...visited_29.html

Anyone want to see Americana and Fantasy Farm return?? Those were fun places too and much more reasonable prices. Great places for Company Picnics and Family Reunions. We saw some footage of their current state - sad that such a fun place was allowed to be so destroyed. Many good memories there too.

Awwww the memories lol.

Don't even get me started, thats a touchy subject for me! Wow, I miss Lesourdsville Lake so much. My very first roller coaster ride was on the Serpent Roller Coaster. I WILL make it up to Kokomos to ride it again eventually. It brings a tear to the eye, I attended so many AK Steel company picnics there :'(.

In other news relating to LL, it seems the locals have completely denounced the ideas that Couch has had for the property. In talking with a few of them, they are seemingly hell-bent on not letting the area be used for just anything. This is especially true of the Fantasy Farm property which has only squatted there as an amusement park since the early 60's. It will be interesting to see what happens with the land in the next year. The longer the land just sits, the thinner the grapevine seems to get!

Probably doesn't count in this poll but, I miss the campgrounds.

You could get a two day pass, get trolleyed back and forth, and not have to lose an arm and leg to enjoy a nice mini-vacation for the whole family. Not a wallet raping experience, probably why it's gone.

LOL

• 1 month later...