Chuck E Cheese Trip Report

ZosoBeast

Decided to go to Chuck E Cheese today while I am on a little Thanksgiving break from work.

This Chuck E Cheese is located at:

8801 Colerain Ave.

Cincinnati, Ohio 45251

I arrived around 2:00pm to find a quarter full parking lot. Walked inside and got my hand stamped and headed to the front counter. Was pretty hungry so I thought I should grab some food before the huge ride fest that was about to happen.

I placed an order for a large extra cheese pizza and 100 tokens. See, the rides at Chuck E Cheese uses token as admission instead of a ticket. They had no "unlimited ride" plan which was kinda disappointing.

After I ate darn near the entire pizza and had a Cherry Coke, it was time to get my ride on!

The way Chuck E Cheese is set up is in 2 sections. The larger section is the arcade and the smaller section is the rides. The best part was that all the rides were practically a walk on today with little or no wait! What an awesome day this is going to be!

Here are my reviews of the rides:

Barney - The Ride

2059773988_1cb2c18154.jpg

Hop in and hold on tight as Barney takes you on tour of his farm on his custom made tractor. Don't forget your overalls!

My thoughts: I had high hopes for this ride since it had a huge name attached to it. I found the seat very roomy and the on board audio top notch, however, with just a very few minor lateral Gs, it turned out to be sluggish more than anything else. Not sure what all the hype was about, but I was kinda dissapointed. Could have used an inversion here and there. Grade C+

POV of Barney - The Ride

Bob The Builder - The Ride

2058989369_3e72edcb79.jpg

Hop in and hold on tight as Bob The Builder takes you on a tour of the construction site on his custom made bulldozer. Don't forget your hard hat!

My thoughts: I actually enjoyed this one much better than Barney. The seat belt was perfect length and the on board audio had me singing along. The G forces on this one were much stronger than Barney. Since the ride itself reminded me of Troika at Kings Island, I enjoyed multiple rides on it. Could have used an inversion here and there. Grade B+

POV of Bob The Builder - The Ride

Stuart Little - The Ride

2059773952_255d06e7f0.jpg

Hop in and take hold of the steering wheel as you drive Stuart back home. Don't forget your drivers license!

My thoughts: A perfect one for families. A nice stroll down the street that reminded me of the antique cars. the on board audio was a little hard to hear at times. For what it was worth, the ride was perfect, however, it could have used an inversion here and there. Grade B

POV of Stuart Little - The Ride

Clock - The Ride

2058989393_a33b54233d.jpg

Hop in and hold on as you take the ride of your life on a huge clock. Spin around multiple times as you groove to a funky soundtrack. Don't forget your....ummmm...ability to tell time?

My thoughts: The best ride at the park. The Gs holding you in your seat as you spin around the clock are top notch. The soundtrack is great and the ride length is perfect! The only downfall is that if you want multiple rides, you have to get out of your seat to give it another token. The only thing that could make this ride any better is an inversion here and there. Grade A

POV of Clock - The Ride

All in all, I had a pretty good time. Barney was a huge disappointment, but Clock MORE than made up for it. The place was very clean and the live stage shows were great! I was a little shocked at the cost for pizza and tokens.

Grade for the whole day: A solid B.

Thanks for reading!

Bill

• Like 8

Wow. So I suppose it would be fair to say you like rides that throw you for a loop? No wonder you miss the old Son of Beast so much! :)

And that trip report, my friends, is proof positive that life is what you make of it.

How did the quality and price of the pizza compare to that at Kings Island? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

And where is TopGun1993 with his comments? Burger King in the play area, perhaps? :)

Bill awesome trip report! Your detailed explanation of each ride complete with a POV of the ride has got me yearning for a trip to Chuck-Cheese to help me get trough the winter months away from Kings Island. Also how many quarters would you say I would need to have a fun evening there? Also do you know if there are any area hotels or lodges in the area? I’m thinking of GWL what do you think?

• Like 2

Man o man did you get a good day to go on. The last time I went the place was packed. The ride lines were just crazy , almost a 2 hour wait. I really started getting scared when I saw people getting off the rides sick. I thought o man what am I getting myself into here, but after you ride them once or twice you get used to them lol lol lol lol. Man I do have to say that trip report made my day. I was kinda down in the dumps that the park is closed for the season but that just gave me a laugh and a half. Thanx :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a great trip!!!!

Too bad you didn't go last year.

After the Barney ride started sinking, they added some brakes, and removed the loop.

I heard that they are gonna remove it next year, already took out some of the theming.

It was really good before that, but too many people got hurt on it!!

• Like 1

I did! You know me better than that! Do they even let 34 year olds inside of a chuck e cheese alone?

If you look at the POV for "Clock - The Ride" you will be able to catch a quick shot of Emily (my youngest) looking into the camera. So yes, I had both kids with me.

• Like 1

LOL!! ok, for confirmation:

I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese yesterday afternoon. While they were off playing games, I sat and ate pizza and played around with my camera. As I looked across the place, I noticed the "kiddy" section with the little rides and I got the silly idea of creating a trip report based off of them. I even spent an extra dollar to dump into each ride so I could get the ever exclusive POVs!

As it turned out, I had a very terrible day yesterday and after making this little trip report and making some of you laugh...I dont know...just made me feel a little better. Sometime laughter really is the best medicine!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
And STILL he doesn't tell us how the pizza was! Or how the cost, quality, temperature and server attitudes compare to Kings Island!

I anxiously await your replies! :)

Talk about a serious bump! LOL

I had no problem with the service. The fresh out of the oven pizza was ok but does not even compare to our beloved Laroses found at the Island. The prices are a little high for what you get, but with my ACE (American ChuckE Enthusiast) Card, I was about to save a little money that day.

Thanks for bringing this thread back. I had actually forgotten all about it. I noticed that the You Tube links were no longer working, but that has now been fixed!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Bill

• Like 1

I avoided reading this because I thought it was a kid doing a serious TR. Wow, it was hilarious. I woke my daughter up laughing (she's out again, not to worry). The POV idea is priceless. We need to give you an award for best humor! Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1

Wow, those were the good old days of Chuck E Cheese... ever since that place got sold it has really gone down. They even chose all the weird new names! Clock: The Ride was turned to Clock Tower, Barney: The Ride was changed to The Jungle, Bob the Builder: The Ride was changed to Backlot Construction Coaster and Stuart Little: The Ride was removed to make way for Rattlesnake in 2009! I do admit though, it was a good move, that ride was way to painful!

• Like 2