Chuck E Cheese Trip Report

ZosoBeast

Wow, those were the good old days of Chuck E Cheese... ever since that place got sold it has really gone down. They even chose all the weird new names! Clock: The Ride was turned to Clock Tower, Barney: The Ride was changed to The Jungle, Bob the Builder: The Ride was changed to Backlot Construction Coaster and Stuart Little: The Ride was removed to make way for Rattlesnake in 2009! I do admit though, it was a good move, that ride was way to painful!

:lol::lol: thats good :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

This is a great trip report. I saw the thread title and I was like, what? I thought maybe there is a Chuck E. Cheese near KI or something and he went there before heading over to KI, which is insane considering KI has La Rosa's.

One thing that concerned me. Where are all the ride ops? Chuck cares nothing for rider safety. At least have an automated spiel. And no height requirement signs either? What's with that mouse?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

^ If you want to see the Rock-a-fire Explosion, there's a restaurant in Huntington, WV that has the whole "Band". It's called Billy Bob's Wonderland and unlike Chuck E. Cheese, you do not have to be accompanied by a child to go. If I return to Camden Park in 2015, I may swing by there and visit too.

• 4 weeks later...

9 summers ago, my group of friends from work had at least 2 "birthday" parties at the one on the west side of Columbus. We would go in, buy a bunch of tokens, a pizza, and just play on a random weeknight. There were never kids around, just bored high school employees that I'm sure were rolling their eyes at the ridiculousness that was our group.

I last visited (for my younger sister's birthday party) when I was about 10-11 years old, and I remember feeling "too old" even then. I do remember that they issued wristbands for kids & adults in each party, refusing to let kids leave without the adult(s) who brought them. I remember playing a Whack-A-Mole game and eating really awful pizza.

It's curious that they would serve a group without kids. Having a loud group of adults would seem to make families with small children (who are running around the facility by themselves) uncomfortable.

I agree; it is strange that they never said anything. But we were always the only people in there. We also all worked with kids in a theater space so we were pretty good at being aware of who and what was around us. I think what helped us was that is was always a weeknight, after 6pm, and we were all in our early to mid-twenties, we were spending some money, and that they really didn't care. We were (and many still are) just kids at heart and so it made sense to play with those silly games than try to figure out how to afford Dave & Busters.

I went to a friend's party for his daughter at the North Canton Chuck E Cheese 6 years ago and that was run very different from the west side one. No wristbands but we did have to get stamped and checked as we left.