TR 8/24-27

Mrs. G.

Hi everybody,

Hard to believe we were riding in Action Zone just this afternoon but all good things must come to an end and we are back home after 3 1/2 near-perfect days at PKI.

There were no crowds at all and no lines for anything. Just a few highlights as everything was great as usual. The train coming back from BB actually had to brake to avoid hitting a deer and her two babies (fawns?) running across the tracks. I've never seen that before. BB was nice, we rode everything that was open and spent a long time in the nice un-crowded wave pool.

Thursday I had to complain for the very first time in 20 years. OK, yuk it up, but I always park in Preferred and I always count out the $11 for each day in advance. Done that on every visit since they started the Preferred space, it's well worth the $2 for these old bones to save a few steps on the way out. Yesterday I had the same Parking Attendant as the day before, gave him $11, he gave me the receipt, I'm too trusting and didn't look at it (never have but will every time now), that's my fault. When we got to Security at the Preferred lot the guy TOLD ME OFF for attempting to pull a scam. I hadn't even looked at the bleeping receipt, I wasn't lying, wasn't faking, and I attempted to reason with the man and he would have none of it. I asked him how do I get my $2 back then, I just came through one minute ago, ask the attendant, he made a mistake. The man ignored everything I said, talked down to me like I was 3 and lectured me about not knowing where I was or where to park and was RUDE. So I parked in the Gold Pass Lot and stopped at GR on the way in. Felt like a complete idiot and even told the very helpful GR guy I could care less about $2, you just don't talk to people like that. The GR guy was great, he said he would call over and find out what happened, but I wasn't looking for satisfaction per se, I sure wasn't going to go back out and move the van, there was a right way to handle the simple mistake and telling me off wasn't it. Bummed us out starting a day at PKI aggravated, that's never happened before.

The highlight yesterday had to be the many rounds the girls took on the Eagles - apparently the best snapper in the world was there and the operators were messing around with him and very pleasant to talk to, as I watched them ride again and again... Since we spent so much time doing that we came back this morning before leaving for home, again today, no crowds, just ride after ride after ride.

Weather was great, park was great, employees (with one exception) as usual were better than great.

Next time? Aaaargh! I hope there's not a next time. I'm considering getting my next receipt Witnessed and Notarized if I have to.

I was looking for the security man's name badge but he had a jacket on and no badge. I would have loved to give someone his name. There was NO reason to be such a jerk.

The GR guy was tall but I'm a poor judge of that since most teenagers are taller than me. He was as pleasant as the security man was rude. And that can't be the easiest job, listening to people gripe about things you didn't do and still smile.

The guy riding the Eagles' name was Todd, I think - both of the operators knew him, one of them gave me a great story on the Eagles' history etc. They were all having fun, goofing around, and that will tell you how quiet the night was - when all the best action was at the Eagles.

The guy riding the Eagles' name was Todd, I think - both of the operators knew him, one of them gave me a great story on the Eagles' history etc. They were all having fun, goofing around, and that will tell you how quiet the night was - when all the best action was at the Eagles.

Boy does that not narrow it down. At the end of each closing day, we have what we have coined as Flyerfest in which all the best snappers show their stuff. There are like 15 Todds in the group.

I was looking for the security man's name badge but he had a jacket on and no badge. I would have loved to give someone his name. There was NO reason to be such a jerk.

I would have asked to see his ID, copied his name and his employee ID number. Than go to GR and make sure he is the culprit.

Needless to say, you did the right thing.

Boy does that not narrow it down...There are like 15 Todds in the group.

Whoa Ryan, at least I tried!

Don't forget, I'm not getting any younger...vision loss...memory loss...I was proud of myself for remembering a name. My days of checking out guys are loooong over.

He had short dark hair, one earring, and was talking on a cell phone most of the time.

At least you can eliminate the blonde Todds? :D