Thunder Road at Carowinds being dismantled?

While I was at the park in Oct. they said that some track work had to be done for the backwords side. Also if you look at the pictures it looks like Carowinds is doing its best to make sure they can get the coaster back in working order.

Also a something I thought was odd The backwords side at Carowinds would be the forwards side at Kings Island.

Same as Rebel Yell at Kings Dominion. The Backwards train on the the left track, and Forwards on the right track. Thunder Road however just started going backwards within the last 10 years, I believe it was during the 1998 season. I know when I went to Carowinds in 1994 both tracks went forward.

Stuff like this actually gives me a bit more faith in Cedar Fair. It really seems like they like to keep their coasters in pretty good shape. Well at least they like to do a lot of work on them. Judging by the pics above IMHO it's a lot more work than that coaster deserves. Much like many of you think work on SOB was undeserved.