Christmas in Mason

Tuskin

Hmmm...

That is intresting. Why would KI sponsor an event that has no association with the park? Or has the park been the sponsor in prior years and is just keeping with tradition?

And a Christmas event at that.

Could this be CF's way of sending out feelers for popularity to possibly bring back Winterfest on their terms?

I agree with Woofer, this is a little "involved". A sign of goodwill is handing out those old KI jackets for free... even though if worn they were free walking advertisements! I hope Winterfest can make a comeback, and hopefully CF will operate it how it should be! -Hauntguy

"involved" ??? all KI did was donate a little money to say "SPONSORED BY Kings Island"

KI didn't have any say in planning this event. You people are just dreaming. Cedar Fair tried a Christmas event at CP and it failed, one at KI already failed a few years ago, why would they try it again??

I agree with Woofer, this is a little "involved". A sign of goodwill is handing out those old KI jackets for free... even though if worn they were free walking advertisements! I hope Winterfest can make a comeback, and hopefully CF will operate it how it should be! -Hauntguy

"involved" ??? all KI did was donate a little money to say "SPONSORED BY Kings Island" I don't think KI had and say in planning this event. You people are just dreaming. Cedar Fair tried a Christmas event at CP and it failed, one at KI already failed a few years ago, why would they try it again??

This spectacular event includes a variety of acts, horse-drawn carriages, strolling carolers and magicians, caricature artists, “stocking stops” around the area, lighting of the Christmas Tree, a craft tent, and the opportunity for kids to visit Santa!

This is a little more involved than your average small town festival.

And note: (sponsored by Kings Island)

I can't see that CF (or any amusement entity for that matter) would allow their name attatched to such an event without a great deal of involvement.

You are wrong, this event was put together by the FINANCIAL help of a sponsor. It could have been any company's name on this event, Ford, Coke, Pepsi, Great Wolf. You are all reading to much in to this, TRUST ME!!

Please explain to me how myself and others are wrong.

Please point out an example of an entertainment entity puting their name on an entertainment event that they are not involved in?

Ford does not run an entertainment venue as it's primary business. But ya know, if Ford were "Sponsoring" construction of a vehicle, you can bet dimes over dollars that they'd be very involved.

You are wrong, this event was put together by the FINANCIAL help of a sponsor. It could have been any company's name on this event, Ford, Coke, Pepsi, Great Wolf. You are all reading to much in to this, TRUST ME!!

Ford does not run an entertainment venue as it's primary business. But ya know, if Ford were "Sponsoring" construction of a vehicle, you can bet dimes over dollars that they'd be very involved.

Festivals of Mason, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to producing quality family events for the City of Mason and the surrounding area, such as the Mason Heritage Festival and Christmas in Mason. Festivals of Mason produces the Mason Heritage Festival and Christmas in Mason annually. Sponsorships for these events offer great exposure opportunities for your business, and help us produce quality family events. http://www.festivalsofmason.com/documents/...202007%20tk.pdf

Need I say anymore?? SPONSORS HAVE NO SAY IN THE PLANNING OF THIS EVENT!! KI will probably benifit more by sponsoring this event than trying to bring back Winterfest.

"involved" ??? all KI did was donate a little money to say "SPONSORED BY Kings Island"

Exactly how much is a "little money"?

Aside from the fact that if there were things KI did not agree with, they would not give any money.

If the park did not sponsor this event in the past, it does raise speculation. Perhaps it is good will for Mason. If so, good for the park to sponsor the event for Mason.

But it is intresting that the park would sponsor anything that does not take place on park property.

Especially in winter when the park is closed. Sure, it could be considered good advertising. But why does the park not run TV ads when the park is closed?

Perhaps there is no reason to...

Festivals of Mason, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to producing quality family events for the City of Mason and the surrounding area, such as the Mason Heritage Festival and Christmas in Mason. Festivals of Mason produces the Mason Heritage Festival and Christmas in Mason annually. Sponsorships for these events offer great exposure opportunities for your business, and help us produce quality family events. http://www.festivalsofmason.com/documents/...202007%20tk.pdf

Need I say anymore?? SPONSORS HAVE NO SAY IN THE PLANNING OF THIS EVENT!! KI will probably benifit more by sponsoring this event than trying to bring back Winterfest.

I stand by my statements. You've not provided any evidence to the contrary, as of yet.

Kings Island is NOT the MAIN SPONSOR of this event, they just have it on there web site because they helped financialy along with 30+ other businesses and groups. http://www.festivalsofmason.com/events_chr...as_in_mason.htm Look at all the names, KI is just one of many. There are THOUSANDS of these christmas festivals around the country, this one is no different just because KI paid a couple hundred dollars to sponsor the ice carving. This is NO TEST for winterfest, GET OVER IT!!

It looks like as long as a company wanted to $600.00 per evening, anyone could help sponsor it. If you go to their main website it doesn't have Kings Island anywhere that jumps out at you. I have to agree with Lake54321. I think Kings Island is just showing good will towards Mason.

It looks like it would be a good time. I wish that I lived closer so I could attend.

http://www.pulsejournal.com/n/content/oh/s...nchristmas.html

Nowhere does this article mention Kings Island, they are just a SPONSOR just like The Beach Waterpark and evry one else on the list. This is just a ONE DAY 3 HOUR festival, How is it posible for KI to make a huge dicison to bring back winterfest with that?

How long have you hated Winterfest?

My short and sweet poem:

No Winterfest here

No Winterfest there

Not this year

Not next year

And I had to stop it there because I couldn't come up with any more. :angry: But Kings Island isn't gonna bring Winterfest back, why would they do that anyways? There's like nothing to do there, the good rides weren't open. Kings Island was just trying to make money, but I bet they lost money. And I'm talking about 2005.

To Lake54321, Browntggr, WooferBearATL, and the person who started this thread (Too lazy to look up.) Why in the world would you think KI would bring back Winterfest? That's sooo silly, that they lose money. Look above at what I said. Unless all the rides are open, then Winterfest will be ok. AND DON'T START A FLAME WAR! You'll get yourselves banned.

One of the other threads mentioned KI donating money to defeat a tax bill and being concerned about retaliation with an admission tax. Could KI be trying to get on the community's good side so that any attempt at an admission tax is defeated?

Or maybe they just want a little cheap advertising during the winter when people are buying season passes as Christmas gifts.