Geauga Lake Sells All Their Rides...

Its funny to me that you all are the ones that keep bringing things back up.

Just get over yourselves, off your over-confrontational, egocentric feelings, and back on the topic. I think that is for the FIFTH time now.

Agree to disagree and move on like any normal person would.

Thank you JacksonPKI for agreeing with the idea!

I suppose one of these times you will just stop replying (or is it considered backpedaling?).

It's good that you are counting though!

Incedently...

Creating arguments that don't need to be created is not a character trait. If you don't agree with the trim brake discussion, then quit trying to tick the rest of us off!

Let me help you all out.

I think that it has potential to survive as a waterpark if CF wants to take the time to it right. This is still questionable, but only time will tell. We'll see!

It's sad to lose the rides at Geauga Lake, and I hope they all find new homes. Thunderhawk is now safe, and Dominator is safe. The rest are still very much threatened. I'd like to see all of them relocated to a new home especially Villain. Whether anyone is a Villain fan or not in here, I enjoyed my rides on it this summer and found it to be one heck of a coaster that I wouldn't mind riding again!

It's sad to lose the rides at Geauga Lake, and I hope they all find new homes. Thunderhawk is now safe, and Dominator is safe. The rest are still very much threatened. I'd like to see all of them relocated to a new home especially Villain. Whether anyone is a Villain fan or not in here, I enjoyed my rides on it this summer and found it to be one heck of a coaster that I wouldn't mind riding again!

At this point, it does not look like Villain will be sold. Even if a park would decide to purchase it right now, the work necessary for: the deconstruction, prepping the land, electric, the rest of the minor essentials, reconstruction and ordering and recieving new trains, it would be ready for the 2009 season.

That also means after over one year of sitting the value of the ride would drop as well.

Not that it is not possible, but, it would be a small miracle for anyone to ever ride Villain again.

And some really would not care, it was not one of those rides that you would be willing to drive an hour just to ride it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd hate to say it especally cause I REALLY liked The villain but the price for scap metal makes it a nice to just sell to the scrap yard and walk away with the cash. Its six flags investment so Cedar Fair makes money any way it goes.

Oh, really? So do you think Cedar Fair paid less for the park and its rides than the park and its rides are worth in property value?

A lot of people think that Cedar Fair planned all along to just liquidate its acquisition. I, for one, do not.

Since Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Dorney Park and Michigan's Adventure didn't state that Firehawk, Dominator, VooDoo, and Thunderhawk were used attractions directly in their press releases or on the official websites so that the general public would know they were, in fact, used rides from the get-go, chances are that Celebration City isn't planning on releasing information that it's a used ride to the general public anytime soon. That is, IF it's actually from Geauga Lake.

Since Kings Island, Kings Dominion, Dorney Park and Michigan's Adventure didn't state that Firehawk, Dominator, VooDoo, and Thunderhawk were used attractions directly in their press releases or on the official websites so that the general public would know they were, in fact, used rides from the get-go, chances are that Celebration City isn't planning on releasing information that it's a used ride to the general public anytime soon. That is, IF it's actually from Geauga Lake.

There were two press releases about Firehawk, a typical fact sheet and one that was all about how to move a ride from one location to another. It was no secret for us.

Does anyone know what rides have been sold from Geauga Lake so far and what is left?

Here is the current list as I am aware of it. Ground rides I haven't followed

The Villain

Raging Wolf Bobbs

Big Dipper

Dominator--Kings Dominion as Dominator--opening in 2008

Double Loop

Thunderhawk--Michigan's Adventure as Thunderhawk--opening in 2008

Beaver Land Mine Ride

Head Spin

Steel Venom--Dorney Park as Voo Doo--opening in 2008

X-Flight--Kings Island as Firehawk--opened in 2007

Those that aren't marked are in jeopardy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There is also the rumor that headspin may head to Kings Dominion to replace Hypersonic XLC for 2009.

There is another rumor that if Head Spin does, in fact, go to Kings Dominion, it will be fitted with the new, lap bar only, Boomerang train like the one on Wiener Prater's Boomerang.