Kings Island 2008 Rumors and More

FOFirehawkFAN

Anytime I've worked somewhere that uses uniforms I've always gotten at least 2-3 free (til departure then you turn them back in) if you wanted more you paid a little for them. Now places that I've worked that only had a dress code it was up to me to provide all my clothing but it was my clothing, though even there a time or two the company would buy us a company shirt from time to time. Do I think the employers should pay for a reasonable amount of uniforms, Absolutely they should, and in some states it's even part of the labor laws. Why should you pay to wear something your forced to wear at work?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Exactly! I get a clothing allowance from work every six months. If you're a company and going to force people to wear certain uniform, then you should pay for it. Reason being, if the company requires a nice white button down shirt and black slacks, you don't necessarily have to go to Macy's to buy your clothes. They could be bought at Value City as well and you'd pay less. Company uniforms have one price and you'd either pay it or not work.

When I worked at Kings Island the Uniforms were provided. And that was when uniforms there were much more involved. Each section had it's own Uniform and some even broken down by department.

When I workd at the airport, I received a clothing allowance and airline stuff for ramp workers was steep!

When I worked at Progressive, I received a clothing allowance. I prefered to wear the items that were Prog Wear and not putting wear/tear on personal clothes.

Now, I have to wear my own stuff.

I think the park needs to make the worker buy the uniform to work. Anyone here get free work clothes!!!?!?!?!?!?

I get free work clothes, the only thing I've bought are my boots. Every company I have worked has provided atleast 2 free uniform shirts and you had the option of buying your own pants or company sold ones, your personal ones had to be within uniform parameters though. This year Cedar Fair I'm sure made a killing charging KI workers for their uniform shirts, and uniform shorts then not having the correct amount of sizes in or distributing the wrong ones. Failed to turn in your shorts when you left....that came out of your pay check too. KI needs an HR department and uniform overhaul park wide.

And logistically it's a staffing issue.

On non busy days, you would only have to staff one side of Racer and keep the other side closed.

Remember, this would be done at each park that operates a front/back coaster.

Interp... I'm counting my coasters as they've hatched.

Wow, hatching roller coasters. That would be kinda fun to watch.

But I would feel kinda sorry for the momma coaster laying the egg.

sorry, very lame lame comedy I know. But Really, I could not resist.

And logistically it's a staffing issue.

On non busy days, you would only have to staff one side of Racer and keep the other side closed.

Remember, this would be done at each park that operates a front/back coaster.

Interp... I'm counting my coasters as they've hatched.

Wow, hatching roller coasters. That would be kinda fun to watch.

But I would feel kinda sorry for the momma coaster laying the egg.

sorry, very lame lame comedy I know. But Really, I could not resist.

Jurrasic Coaster Park IV!

which would cut down on capcity.

What are you talking about? It woulnd't cut down on capacity because there are normally no lines!

Besides, if some average family was walking down Coney Mall, do you think it would be more apealing if the ride was running 2 trains or 1?

Think about it.

I think the park needs to make the worker buy the uniform to work. Anyone here get free work clothes!!!?!?!?!?!?

Yes the place I work at we get free work clothes thank to are union. Now back to Kings Island, I just think the renamed rides and a show will come next year.

I work at the movie theater when I'm home for break, and they supply us with our uniforms. The only thing we need to buy ourselves is the shoes.

Next season I'm thinking along the lines of everyone else. General improvements, renamed Paramount rides, and maybe a new show or two.

I get free work clothes, the only thing I've bought are my boots. Every company I have worked has provided atleast 2 free uniform shirts and you had the option of buying your own pants or company sold ones, your personal ones had to be within uniform parameters though. This year Cedar Fair I'm sure made a killing charging KI workers for their uniform shirts, and uniform shorts then not having the correct amount of sizes in or distributing the wrong ones. Failed to turn in your shorts when you left....that came out of your pay check too. KI needs an HR department and uniform overhaul park wide.

Wow, Gordon, that really sucks for the KI employees! That's pretty ruthless to charge your barely minimum-wage earnings workers for uniforms.

What are you talking about? It woulnd't cut down on capacity because there are normally no lines!

Besides, if some average family was walking down Coney Mall, do you think it would be more apealing if the ride was running 2 trains or 1?

Think about it.

So you actually think that a family is counting the trains operating, and would be discouraged if there was only one train operating?

Yeah, think about it.

Guest kwindshawne

I ended up with 2 belts, one of which wasn't even in KI's record of being in my possession, however after everything was turned in, it said I owed $11, yet they couldn't figure out what it was for. I don't know what happened, but it got reconciled somehow because I didn't have to pay it.

Guest kwindshawne
So I'm guessing that there is no more wardrobe area or locker rooms since everyone wears the same uniforms?

Locker room is good-coolest place in the park. Good place to sleep after a 100 degree day. Anyway, you get charged for the lock and it has to be cleared out at the end of the day or they cut it. My problem was forgetting the darn thing, so I now have about 5 combo locks-it stays in the glove box now.

Oh Man.

Well when I was there all the uniforms were maintained and washed by wardrobe.

You were fitted for your individual uniform on dry run day and were provided two sets that were maintained by the wardrobe ladies.

You were assigned a locker and just had to remember your combination.

The locker room was great as we played softball in the mornings and you could shower there before work.

Was also nice to just change into street clothes after work and walk around the park.

Guess things have changed a lot.

Guest kwindshawne
Oh Man.

You were fitted for your individual uniform on dry run day and were provided two sets that were maintained by the wardrobe ladies.

The locker room was great as we played softball in the mornings and you could shower there before work.

Was also nice to just change into street clothes after work and walk around the park.

The showers are kinda yucky now-don't think they've been used in years. Would make things a lot easier, but I don't think I want to do that. The combo locks are still built on, but I think they have been disabled. I was told on day 1, lockers were first come first served, and have your stuff out that night. Seems like there are plenty to go around-I pretty much used the same one all season. I know they got their moneys worth on locks outta me.

I don't know about the tailoring part-one of my sups did his own tailoring. I could have used shorter pants but midget size is kinda hard to find, and I dont sew. :lol:

On the subject of Coney`s uniforms. Every seasonal employee is given two uniform shirts for the season. towards the middle of the season, they will take out $22 from your paycheck for a uniform deposit ($11 per shirt). When you return your uniforms at the end of the season, you will get a check for $22. So the core uniform is free as long as you return it.

If you want to buy a Coney Hat, pants, belt or a sweatshirt (yes, there have been days at Coney where you want a sweatshirt, even though it has a much shorter season than Kings Island) you are charged for those. You do not have to return them at the end of the season, as they become your property. Those things are also deducted from your paycheck. But, unlike the uniform shirts, you do not get a refund at the end of the season because you do not turn these items back in.

Oh Man.

The showers are kinda yucky now-don't think they've been used in years. Would make things a lot easier, but I don't think I want to do that. The combo locks are still built on, but I think they have been disabled. I was told on day 1, lockers were first come first served, and have your stuff out that night. Seems like there are plenty to go around-I pretty much used the same one all season. I know they got their moneys worth on locks outta me.

I don't know about the tailoring part-one of my sups did his own tailoring. I could have used shorter pants but midget size is kinda hard to find, and I dont sew. :lol:

Oh, everything was expected to be fitted and to be fitted correctly. These women checked everything and ya never had to worry about ironing.

There were actually designated routes that you would walk so that you did not see somone from Coney Mall or Oktoberfest walking through say Hanna Barbera Land.

Guest kwindshawne
Oh Man.

Oh, everything was expected to be fitted and to be fitted correctly. These women checked everything and ya never had to worry about ironing.

There were actually designated routes that you would walk so that you did not see somone from Coney Mall or Oktoberfest walking through say Hanna Barbera Land.

How things change....there were two guys I saw, one in my dept and another in the waterpark that looked like they pulled their uniform out of the hamper....

I think the Nick Parade is coming back to the park for 2008. (All summer)

Awesome, I loved the Nick Parade so when I was a kid, I always watched it after I rode The Beastie. Memories.....

Don't forget new TR theming and no more Backwards Racer.

WHAT!!! how do you know about the backward racer is not going to be backwards no more?

Because of the possible "new" trains right?

I would Guess so. You have to do SOMETHING with the GL Trains!

But, If they Put G-Trains on The Racer, and Villain on The Beast, I will be P*SSD, God I love the PTC ones.

I agree. The (PTC) are classic! John Allen created The Racer, he was a genius. They should not mess around with HISTORY. Have we not experienced enough of the bad ideas that Paramount threw at the "original rides" and us? I thought Ceder Fair might put back together what Paramount undid!

Look I know we can't stay in the past forever and rides have to move with the newest tech, but why do they think The Racer is still standing? IT IS A CLASSIC, IT IS A BEAUTIFUL COASTER, IT HAS PTC TRAINS and when it became backward and forward it made history again. (I'm pretty sure that was listed in a book I have on history and firsts of roller coasters)

The backward is my favorite. I love all different types of roller coasters, but I have to say The Racer is one of the best that I have experienced b/f. I love seeing the park and tracks when I go backward.

I hope Mr. Interpreter is right.

I want them to leave the PTC trains ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No need for a rumor, Because if there's gonna be anything new it will be the Waterpark.

it's been 4 years since any upgrades, and the parks on a 4 year cycle.

The new waterslide could be taking the place of the Awsome Aussie Twister or the Bondi pipeline

I heard one of the two was in need of bad repair . And the Flow riders at Pipeline Pradise are to be totally redone

next spring , Pumps ,Surface , and landscape.

Man how times have changed. When I was employed by KI 1999 thru 2001, we were assigned a locker that we could use all season long. It was nice, if you wanted to use the park after or before your shift you can store your uniform or street clothes in the locker and change into whatever you needed.

We also were giving uniforms and as long as you turned everything in by the last day of the season you weren't charged. in 2000 they changed the policy and you had the choice of wearing your own pants or shorts, I chose however to still get mine issued from wardrobe I thought it looked better in my opinion. However were were responsible of keeping our uniforms clean.

• 2 months later...