Photo TR: Krazy City, Tri-County Mall

Where: Krazy City, the new indoor amusement park that just recently opened in Tri-County Mall. Krazy City is located on the upper level of the mall, in a space that was vacated by JCPenney when they closed their store at the mall. More information, including hours of operation and pricing can be found on the Krazy City website.

When: Friday, December 28, 2007 from about 5pm through 9:15pm

Who: Ryan (Boddah1994), Dane, Gabriel (Captain Nemo), Ronny (Gordon Bombay), and myself (CoastersRZ).

The Trip: We arrived at five and bought our "points." At Krazy City, all of the attractions and video games require point to play. All the points are added to a plastic card, similar to a Kings Island season pass. We all opted to buy 100 points ($20), and you have to pay $1 to buy the actual card which carries your points (so in total, we each bought 104 points).

The first ride of the day was on the Krazy City Speedway. This attraction requires 20 points. These are electric powered go carts. These carts have a little zip to them. With the polished concrete floors, it was easy to accidentally spin out your car if you took a turn too fast. Especially car one, which we were told was the fastest car by a ride operator. Unfortunately, I did not grab any pictures of this attraction :angry:. Definitely a fun ride, and in my opinion, better then the go carts at Kings Island. By the end of the night, we would rack up three rides on this.

After our first ride, we then headed down to the mall food court to grab some food. When we got back into Krazy City, it was time to tackle some of the other rides. All of the rides cost 14 points, per person. First on tap was the Tornado. This ride is made by Wisdom Rides, and is a typical whirl and hurl. And, each car can control how fast they spin!

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

The next ride on tap was the Skyscraper. This is probably the most intense ride at Krazy City. This ride is not a tame ride, as it is rather fast, and provides a rather long ride cycle. The ride makes several revolutions going clockwise, then switches to some revolutions counterclockwise. Then it repeats that cycle once more. We only rode this ride once, but I wouldn`t have minded riding it a couple more times!''

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

Those are all the rides that we rode while there. However, there are several other rides there. There is a kiddie swing ride similar to Backyardigan`s Swing Along at Kings Island. There is also a small bumper car ride. Another ride that we did not do is the Spring Ride. This is a MoseRides drop ride. It is nearly identical to the Scream Machine at Coney Island. However, the Spring Ride at Krazy City is considerably smaller then Coney`s and is more the size of a traditional Frog Hopper.

IMG_0414.jpg

While there, we also played a couple of games of four person air hockey. Additionally, we played a couple of games of bowling on the 2/3 scale bowling alley. The bowling alley cost twenty points per person, but provided a good twenty minutes to half an hour of entertainment.

IMG_0398.jpg

We also played a round of Deep Sea Mini Golf. This is a nine hole, black light miniature golf adventure. This was probably the least fun attraction that we did at Krazy City. The course was not very elaborate. A slight irritation with this attraction is that the holes were not completely enclosed with borders (due to making the coarse completely ADA accessible). This meant that it was possible for your ball to leave the hole you were on, and go onto the next hole ahead of you. (As an aside, Coney`s Famous Fairways mini golf has this same problem).

IMG_0419.jpg

krazy_1.jpg

And after our fun couple of hours at Krazy City, we ended the day at Tri County Mall with some fruit smoothies at the Freshens Smoothie Company.

IMG_0423.jpg

All in all, we all had a fun time at Krazy City. It is a fun entertainment center to spend a couple hours, without totally blowing the budget. It also offers a nice way to relieve some of the off season blues with some thrill rides like the Skyscraper and the go karts. Definitely worth a visit if you get the chance!

Krazy City definitely exceeds expectations. Don't be fooled by neighboring Cincinnati Mills' Wonderpark, which i s geared more towards younger kids as a chuck e cheese rip off and not very entertaining. We had fun. The go karts are a blast, you can drift in them, and skyscraper is more fun than Tomb Raider, imho. The place even has a nice sit down full service restauraunt :P Although, I'm sure Dane will agree, the excellent smoothies almost rival the fun at Krazy City.

Krazy City definitely exceeds expectations. Don't be fooled by neighboring Cincinnati Mills' Wonderpark, which i s geared more towards younger kids as a chuck e cheese rip off and not very entertaining. We had fun. The go karts are a blast, you can drift in them, and skyscraper is more fun than Tomb Raider, imho. The place even has a nice sit down full service restauraunt :P Although, I'm sure Dane will agree, the excellent smoothies almost rival the fun at Krazy City.

Better than TR?

Hmmm, must be better than it looks?

Thanks for the kind comments on the trip report! I honestly might have to make a return visit to Krazy City before Kings Island opens. While it is no major amusement park, or is it anywhere close to the caliber of the indoor amusement park at the Mall of America, it is still a fun place to visit and spend a couple of hours.

I wish Indiana had malls like that, all we have is a thousand Starbucks and a trillion Asian restraunts. Well circle center has stuff but thats like a half an hour away...

You're griping about half an hour?

Heck, can't get anywhere in half an hour in Cincy!

Really? I can get to KI in 5 minutes, and Tri-County in 20! I just love my location!

I was at TriCounty on Wednesday and didn't even notice this place, my daughter and I walked past it. Of course when we passed it I was trying to keep her from noticing the Disney store which is right next to Krazy City, so I was occupied. I didn't even know JC Penney was gone! Just shows how much I like going to the mall in the first place. I was just looking for some 1/2 off calandars for my cubicle. Got a roller coaster wall calandar and Disney desk calandar.

Thank you for the pics, looks like this will join CoCo Key on my list of new places to take my daughter to keep her occupied until April 19th when KI opens again.

BTW, who's the former KI manager at Krazy City?

Nice TR. Wish I could see the place sometime myself.

Great hearing from you! I missed reading your posts.

The place was a surprise to me. My experience was the opposite of what I expected. For once in my life I must say this mall actually succeeded in making an attraction area. The rides were fun, great for all ages and the selection of games were fantastic. The big surprise were the go-karts. These carts look tame but once you get into these guys they actually pack a whalop. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Brian Dean is the former KI manager at Krazy City.

I actually saw Brian and talked with him a little while I was visiting on Saturday. I had a blast, well worth the 12 dollars I spent.

Krazy City Speedway:

I had noticed that car one seemed much faster than the others, so being first in line I snatched it. The cars were fun to drive, and I was having a lot of fun drifting around the corners. I'm pretty sure the rule said no sliding, but I decided to test the leniency of the rule. The track probably could have been a little bigger though, still fun.

Rating

7/10

Skyscraper:

This was the first ride I noticed walking into the place. This ride spins around incredibly fast, not to mention the height requirement is 60 inches! This ride was way more intense than I thought it would be, severely under-estimated this ride.

Rating

9/10

Tornado:

I had ridden one of these rides at the Butler County Fair about 5 years ago and I remembered it being a big let down. This time, my friend Jon and I were able to spin the car while it spun. His girlfriend Emily has an on-ride video of it on Facebook, if you know my real name. Regardless, we had the car spinning obnoxiously fast, and it ended up being quite enjoyable.

Rating

7/10

My experience at Krazy City was very positive, especially since they had just opened this week. The staff was knowledgeable, and friendly all around. It seems like they have a little room to play around with, so I can only see this place getting better.

Overall

8/10!

Guest kwindshawne

They had a similar thing called Gameworks at ontario mills in ontario, Ca. I heard they had a gameworks down there somewhere, is this true? Still have some time on my card, if I can find the darn thing.

Looks cool anyway. How fast do the cars on the speedway go?

There is a GameWorks at Newport on the Levee. I`ve never been there. I don`t believe they have any rides though. Just games, hence the name Gameworks. Newport on the Levee is located right across the Ohio River from Downtown Cincinnati, at the southern terminous of the Purple People Bridge. You can get to it by taking 471 south, crossing the Ohio River and taking the first exit for Newport.

The cars go pretty fast. I believe they go as fast if not faster then the go-karts at Kings Island. They go so fast, that you have to be careful when you round the turns, otherwise your back tires start to slide. If you`ve watched Cars before, the whole turn the wheel right when your making a left sometimes might apply on some of the turns if your car starts to slide!

Guest TombraiderTy

I checked out Krazy City too, didn't spend any money there though. But I thought the skyscraper ride looked rather boring. I didn't see it in action though.

Now if only Krazy City got a roller coaster... :rolleyes:

Guest kwindshawne
There is a GameWorks at Newport on the Levee. I`ve never been there. I don`t believe they have any rides though. Just games, hence the name Gameworks. Newport on the Levee is located right across the Ohio River from Downtown Cincinnati, at the southern terminous of the Purple People Bridge. You can get to it by taking 471 south, crossing the Ohio River and taking the first exit for Newport.

The cars go pretty fast. I believe they go as fast if not faster then the go-karts at Kings Island. They go so fast, that you have to be careful when you round the turns, otherwise your back tires start to slide. If you`ve watched Cars before, the whole turn the wheel right when your making a left sometimes might apply on some of the turns if your car starts to slide!

I can handle that.....the scar on my lip is from crashing into a fence with a go cart (plus a sledding accident face first into ice). Anyway, gameworks in Cali only had one ride, similar to perilous plunge..just a minor thing. Had a restaurant inside, and most of the games my generation played. The atmosphere was what I liked. Spent quite a bit of time at ontario mills-they also had an indoor skate park/bmx trail and rainforest cafe.

I will check it out this year. If nothing else, get away from dayton for a day.

^I've been on those once before, they're great. We hit them up coming back from OU when coming up to where 32 meets 275. Only problem is they're not very close to where I live.

Ragerunner, I have to agree! I was there this past Sunday. $20 for 2 hours of all you can ride seemed a little on the high side.

Thats why you do the other option of 100 points for 20 bucks. That alone could get you 5 go kart rides. Or you could have done a value pack.

Short Trip Report**

I went to Krazy City today. None of the rides interested me except "Skyscraper"...... so I bought a ticket for $3.50 :blink:

I love this ride, it has great airtime.......... 9/10

crazycityjan062008016zv3.jpg

I left and went over to the calender store and bought a Roller Coaster Calender 50% off , so it came to around $5.00 :P

crazycityjan062008025hz8.jpg

Then we went home.

You didn`t take a spin on the go karts while there? They are really fun.

Eastgate Adventures is literally a five minute drive from my house. (When I go to Kings Island, I get onto 275 north at 32.) I`ve done the miniature golf there numerous times, but have never taken their go karts for a spin.

I left and went over to the calender store and bought a Roller Coaster Calender 50% off , so it came to around $5.00 :P

crazycityjan062008025hz8.jpg

:lol: I got the same calendar the day after Christmas at that same store for 50% off. I got that publishing company's roller coaster calendar last year too. It was good, but under the picture of The Raven, they said it was in Santa Claus, ID. :blink: Don't they know ID is IDaho, and IN is INdiana? I couldn't stand looking at that mistake all month so I crossed it out and corrected it!