Madame Tussauds New York: Tribute to 9/11

KIemployeeforlife

I seen the 8:00 showing this past Friday night. The dude at the controls had some trouble getting it started! Computer kept crashing and we would see the windows desktop up there on the slideshow screens. You could hear him back there franticly pushing keyboard buttons in order to get it started. There were only like 15 at the MOST in the theater to see the show.

As for the show itself, I guess I expected so much more out of it. The show just comes off as really bland to me. I am trying to stay sensitive to the subject matter, but I feel the show could have been so much better. Just random pictures put into a slide show with the wax figures in the middle and "God Bless The USA" playing on top of the show.

And with the brochures in the hallway, it just seems like a stale advertisement for "Madame Tussauds: New York" in my eyes.

Hey, thats just my opinion. Interested in hearing others....

Bill

Sometimes there are techincal difficulties and you never would have known about them unless you talked to other people that saw it. The show was up and working for the last show that we had that day, there were just minor problems. Thankfully though you did get to see the pictures and the quotes, along with the wax figure. It is something you should see once at least.

I saw the presentation on August 29:

The showing I had, did have the sound with "God Bless the U.S.A" in it for the record.

Attendance for the presention was low. All in all I thought the choice of visuals and quotes for the show were tastefully choses, deciding to portray the good of America coming together, rahter than dwelling on the bloodshed, violence and tragedy of the day. However, it seemed to be missing something, I can't put a finger on it, but I felt unsatsified at the end of the 5 minute slide show. Perhaps I was expecting more than one wax piece, perhaps I was expecting some documentary, perhaps I was expecting some stories of inspiration beyond a few well chosen quotes. In essencse they really gave away the entire show in the flyers.

The thing I don't get, though was the fascination of people having their photo taken with the statue. I just don't get the reasoning why somebody would want to place themselves in a scene that most of us wished never happened. That said, I have a work of art on my fireplace mantle that is quite similar to the work that was on exhibit, here take a look -> http://www.coasterville.com/imageofhope.jpg

I also wonder why they have to have the times showings, I mean they could just put the slides and audio on endless loop and let people file in, stay however long they feel the need to, then exit out. Sure you would have to give up having people come up on stage for close photos, but if you allowed people to take photos from the audience area..

Any reports on how the tribute day on Sept, 10 did?

There was a resonable amount on the sept 10th event. there were scool groups, and retirement homes. then after school hours there were a lot of teens either hoping that rides were open or using the presentation as extra credit. all in all it was a pretty good day.

as for having it as a endless loop, they cannot do that because the house lights are completly down so that would mean the ushers would be seating people and helping them leave all the time. As well as the fact that we also have Magic of the Movies live still goin on