KI Calendar is UP

KIfan73

The reason for the separate hours on Saturdays in October, is that Halloween Haunt will likely be a separate charge in 2008. Hence the reason for the seperate hours. I`m glad the park will be open at 11am on Saturdays though. And, it should be noted the the Carowinds calendar has the park closing at 5 on Saturdays in October, even though they have been advertising that Scarowinds is free for 2008 pass holders (their calendar does not have separate hours listed on Saturday for Scarowinds).

Another benefit, is that the park will be open until 10pm on Saturdays in May this year! As well as being open 10am to 10pm on every Friday in May. There still are no 11pm closings on Saturdays in the full season like there used to be. However, the Halloween Haunt hours end at 1am once again! When Fear Fest first debuted back in 2000, the hours were 8pm to 1am. This year, Halloween Haunt hours are 7pm to 1am.

And, the park WILL be open the first weekend of November this year!

Nevermind.

The reason for the separate hours on Saturdays in October, is that Halloween Haunt will likely be a separate charge in 2008. Hence the reason for the seperate hours. I`m glad the park will be open at 11am on Saturdays though. And, it should be noted the the Carowinds calendar has the park closing at 5 on Saturdays in October, even though they have been advertising that Scarowinds is free for 2008 pass holders (their calendar does not have separate hours listed on Saturday for Scarowinds).

The way I read will likely meant to me that it's still up in the air. All I was saying is they will be an upcharge next year for HH.

Ummm I didn't edit my original post to say I think, It was there all along. I did however correct a word I missed spelled to read charge.

Yes HH will be an upcharge this year, that is a given and we knew that when we purchased our 2008 season passes.

^ It's all right kid, we know the truth.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Funny how you now added "don't" as well.

Why not add the comma as well after likely, it will make even more sense then. So it will read:

I don't think it's likely, I think HH will be a separate charge in 2008. Note on that back of your season pass it says not valid for FearFest, obviously they were printed up before they changed the name to HH.

As opposed to your original post:

I think it's likely HH will be a separate charge in 2008. Note on that back of your season pass it says not valid for FearFest, obviously they were printed up before they changed the name to HH.

Now add those to your other post:

I didn't say they weren't. I said it wasn't likely. They will be. Re-read my post. :)

And now your point is clear as mud.

And I'll let this speak for itself after another did the same thing:

Please THINK before you post. And edit before you hit reply.

And do NOT go back and fix your posts AFTER people have corrected you and not even note you have edited them. It is unethical and not nice.

Sigh.

I`ll probably catch some flack for saying this. I am just expressing some thoughts and opinions that I have. But if Kings Island does indeed begin upcharging for Halloween Haunt this year, they will have some serious PR issues to resolve. After being included free with park admission for the last five years, it will be a hard sell to have to pay extra for it. What compounds the situation even more is that they decided to rename it Halloween Haunt last year, and include it free with admission.

What this means is that they will likely have to ramp up the quality a lot over 2007`s version of HH in order to attract enough people that will not go because it is a separate gate. I realize they are doing this to try and minimize some of the crowds and provide a more pleasant experience for those guests who are enjoying HH. But having been to Fear Fest back in the early `00`s when it was a separate charge, attendance was hit or miss. I went one time when there was a moderate sized crowd on hand. Another time I went, and the park was empty. I`m no business or PR man, but I`m not sure how wise it is to switch to a pay experience for HH. Why mess with something if it isn`t broken?

It is worth noting that will be the first year that Scarowinds is included free with season passes. And from accounts I`ve heard, that has been one of the best haunts at a seasonal amusement park in the country! So why the sudden change at that park? Were they not making enough in park revenue to boost the per cap spending? Who knows. But it will be interesting to watch as we get closer to Haunt season.

I think that it will really depend on how much they price Halloween Haunt. If they had like a 5 dollar charge to season pass holders and 20 for non pass holders I could see that being a success in both attendance and revenue.

Another thought to just throw out there, what it they sold bracelets for $10 that got you into all Halloween Haunt attractions. That way a season pass holder could still get into the park and ride the rides if they wanted. This system would also eliminate the odd situation of closing and then reopening the park 1 hour later.

It is worth noting that will be the first year that Scarowinds is included free with season passes. And from accounts I`ve heard, that has been one of the best haunts at a seasonal amusement park in the country! So why the sudden change at that park? Were they not making enough in park revenue to boost the per cap spending? Who knows. But it will be interesting to watch as we get closer to Haunt season.

What happened? Three words. Hard Rock Park...and someone wants to be sure they sell season passes to people who have bought Carowinds passes in the past.

Guest faceoff

I am really excited about opening day of the season. I already turned in my 2008 vacation days for work. I made a

hotel reservation for opening weekend and the first weekend of may for Kings Island. And another good thing today-i

recieved a pay raise.

What happened? Three words. Hard Rock Park...and someone wants to be sure they sell season passes to people who have bought Carowinds passes in the past.

We just came back from Myrtle Beach and we took the "backstage pass" tour at Hard Rock Park. They said they are planning on being open thru December. They are going to be a big competitor for Carowinds.