Would you re-theme FoF - and how?

italianchef

Word on the street is that all Paramount (sans Nickelodeon) names and themes will be gone this season. However, since Flight of Fear (FoF) isn't "Paramount", it'll remain.

Would you re-theme FOF? If so:

1. What would the new name of the ride be?

2. How would the physical theming change?

3. What woudl the film on the line be about? Who would be in it?

4. Any more details?

Best regards,

Italian Chef

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trip to Alaska run by robots that goes terribly wrong.

1) Dispatch Master Transport

2) Many robots repairing your transport ride.

3) Mainly robots and pilots, with crazy telecommunications of transport failure and the robots not giving a crap about human life.

The queue line will be split into 3 different sections, each section with heavy themeing.

Why change something that isn`t broken? For the most part, the theming for Flight of Fear has withstood the test of time fairly well. I mean, the ride will be eleven years old this season. I think the theming of the ride works well. Especially with how it fits into the whole X-Base area of the park with Firehawk. The one thing that area needs though, is a restroom facility. It is a long walk up or down Coney Mall to get to the nearest restroom facility.

Which station effects are you talking about? The rumbling and voices still work, the fog doesn't. A few lightbulbs are out, but for the most part most of the station lights still work.

The station rumbling noises don't work though, as many times as I've ridden it this year. I miss the fog as well. :(

Exactly what Paramount theme is FoF currently themed to?

It was originally called "The Outer Limits: Flight of Fear", but Paramount declined to renew the Outer Limits licensing when it expired from MGM a few years ago. After it became just plain old "Flight of Fear" it no longer had any media franchise tie-in, and the FoF name simply became another of Paramount Park's owned copyrights (which means it is now a Cedar Fair owned copyright...) So, at this point there's no greater need to rename/retheme FoF due to the elimination of Paramount themeing than there would be to rename Vortex or The Beast...

^I think the OP knew that JZ, i believe he was asking a "what if" as in what if you got to decide to change the theme, if it had to be changed, what would you change it to?

However, since Flight of Fear (FoF) isn't "Paramount", it'll remain.

I am glad that you posted about the MGM licensing, I didn't know that it was a licensing agreement with MGM, I thought Paramount had produced the show then it got cancelled and they decided not to tie into it anymore. Was this a similar agreement with MGM like the one to use the James Bond movie in the Action Theatre or was that through SimEx iWerks?

I love the theme right now but it woudl be cool to have strobe ligths all over inside flashing as fast as they possibly can and call the ride Star Light. AHHAHAAHA

Yes, let's trigger those seizures with strobe lights everywhere B) .

Anyway, I wouldn't change a thing. I always loved the look of that big UFO in the hangar. My only complaint was while riding it this year (the only time I got to ride it this year), they had the lights on the whole time. I much prefer riding it in the dark. Have to agree with Hank on that one.

I would recomend they scrape all the gum in the station, ufo, and hanger. That and windex the mirrors in the hanger... it looses the effect of depth when there are streaks and dirt on the mirrors. Other than that I'm fine with meeting Mr. Christopher of the White House press agency.

I had always assumed the fog in the queue line is what helped give the illusion of depth as it hid the mirrors in the hangar.

Even though I was never a ride associate in the years I had worked at KI, and if I do come back this year, I would like to try and help spruce up FOF's hangar area, namely by what you just said with Windexing the mirrors and scraping off the gum on the UFO. Maybe also do some re-painting to parts of the hangar.

Oh, and since they just added an Area 51-style scare zone to the Haunt last year, they should think about putting the props up inside FOF to help with the alien theme. It would be a lot better than just having almost $3,000 worth of props sitting in a warehouse collecting dust with the chance of them not working come October. :)

^As said, It has no paramount theming. Besides, It's themeing is fine now.

Then why restate what's already been said and just take up space? Please put a little thought into your posting. If you have an opinion, give some reasons to support it, if you don't, which you often do; then you're not really contributing to any conversation.

I feel that with the addition of Firehawk and the new emphasis on the "X-base", it would definately be worth a refurbishment of the themeing and ride experience. I'm not talking about a complete retheme here, but an improvement, update, and touch-up of the current themeing, would definately be worth consideration; especially if the park intends on future expansion of that area.

I think they should put strobe lights in the launch tunnel where the ORP used to be. I've always liked how the camera strobe coupled with the roar of the launching train gave the effect of lightning and heightened anticipation as guests waited in line.

I just got a stellar idea. Get new trains that look like Deloreons and re-theme to BTTF. Every car could have its' own look-alike flux capacitor lit up.

I've ALWAYS wanted to ride the BTTF ride at Universal, but unfortunately now I never will.

But anyway. I really like the theme of FoF, I just wish they'd give the existing themeing a little TLC.