Would you re-theme FoF - and how?

italianchef

I just got a stellar idea. Get new trains that look like Deloreons and re-theme to BTTF. Every car could have its' own look-alike flux capacitor lit up.

I've ALWAYS wanted to ride the BTTF ride at Universal, but unfortunately now I never will.

But anyway. I really like the theme of FoF, I just wish they'd give the existing themeing a little TLC.

Yea,The UFO is rusting and there is gum all over. The windows look bad, to.

I really want to ride BTTF at Universal, and this summer I might.

The BTTF theme for FoF won't work out in my opinion, though.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a stellar idea. Get new trains that look like Deloreons and re-theme to BTTF. Every car could have its' own look-alike flux capacitor lit up.

I love the idea! The Back to the Future trilogy are some of my very favorite movies! Too bad the Universal rides have closed, though. I might have ridden them, but I don't remember if I did. The last time I went to Universal Studios was like 10 years ago. But I agree, as cool as it sounds it probably couldn't work with FoF or X-base. :( But how about enclosing and re-theming IJ:ST? ;)

I have ridden BTTF at Orlando & USH many times over the years... The first time I rode it ('92 or '93?), I thought it was the coolest ride I'd ever seen. However, by the time of my last ride on it (May of '06), it had lost a lot of its luster for me. Yes, it was still a great simulator (as far as simulators go, it defintely ranks in the top few...beaten by probably only "Klingon Encounter" at ST:TE), but compared to newer rides (i.e., Spiderman) it just didn't deliver the same punch. But, that's not unusual for an attraction that's based on cutting edge technology...as time goes on, technology improves and the definition of "cutting edge" changes.

I'm really looking forward to the new "Simpsons" ride taking its place. Has anyone heard a projected opening date (other than "2008")?. I want to head down to Orlando and check it out, along with Sea World's new waterpark (which looks incredible, BTW!)

A trip to Alaska run by robots that goes terribly wrong.

1) Dispatch Master Transport

2) Many robots repairing your transport ride.

3) Mainly robots and pilots, with crazy telecommunications of transport failure and the robots not giving a crap about human life.

The queue line will be split into 3 different sections, each section with heavy themeing.

How about removing the building and calling it Avalanche Run??? Makes sense in Ohio, right?

Seriously though, I could go for some windex on the giant mirror and maybe a few spot lights insides the maze of twisted track. Just clean it up, other than that the alien theme fits pretty well for Fort Kinzel...

I've ALWAYS wanted to ride the BTTF ride at Universal, but unfortunately now I never will.

But anyway. I really like the theme of FoF, I just wish they'd give the existing themeing a little TLC.

Yea,The UFO is rusting and there is gum all over. The windows look bad, to.

I really want to ride BTTF at Universal, and this summer I might.

The BTTF theme for FoF won't work out in my opinion, though.

Well BTTF is still open in Japan. Just clean up FOF and the ride is fine.

Some how I dont think that FOF would follow the plot of BTTF very well nor fit in with x-base very well; but thats just me...

I had to quote you just becuase I realized that I stated a look-alike flux capacitor, as if there was a "real" one. Just caught my own mistake. Sure, it wouldn't fit into the theming, but that's not a factor at KI. Tell me how that Octoberfest theming is working out. Or, the fact that IJ:ST is completely in the wrong area of the park as far as tying it into the themed area.

Ryan,

You said it exactly! ;)

And FoF IS getting some TLC!!! Here is a picture that was given to me of the "press area" of the FoF Q-line...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tbarnett17/2182267934/

...As you can see signage is being removed! Maybe for some, TLC? -Hauntguy

PS: You've always got to read between the lines of Ryan!

PPS: I swear to you this is NOT a photoshop... it's real deal!

Ryan,

You said it exactly! ;)

And FoF IS getting some TLC!!! Here is a picture that was given to me of the "press area" of the FoF Q-line...

I sure hope that when you're referring to "Ryan" you're not referring to me, because I honestly have no idea what the heck you're talking about. My statement was just my opinion. If I were a decision maker at Kings Island, FoF would get all sorts of care, but unfortunately, I'm not... not until the hostile takeover!!!! :lol:

Ryan,

You said it exactly! ;)

I sure hope that when you're referring to "Ryan" you're not referring to me, because I honestly have no idea what the heck you're talking about. My statement was just my opinion. If I were a decision maker at Kings Island, FoF would get all sorts of care, but unfortunately, I'm not... not until the hostile takeover!!!! :lol:

I want in on the hostile takeover! :P

not sure,

And isn't everyone on this board (with some acceptions) considerd the enthusiusts and the Public is people who DON'T eat breath and sweat amusement parks?

Understood. I'm really trying to figure out what is going on in that area. Is it going to be a full on section, or just FOF and Firehawk? There's a lot that could be done if the intention is to build on what's there already, no?

If i could re-theme FoF i and there wasn't a money limit i would make FoF floorless, add fog in the launch tunnel, have all the lights off in the bowl except maybe have the lights blink for a few seconds, have sound affects in the bowl, and change that stupid video in the queue line. But im happy how FoF is now and it doesn't need to be re-themed or modded.