Would you re-theme FoF - and how?

italianchef

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be a lot more negative things than that. Imagine the food stand operators' reactions when you tried to use a Visa, Mastercard or even the 2000+ currency in your pockets. Imagine your shock when you were the slightest bit rude, and, as a 14 year old, were disciplined by nearly any adult in the park, who felt (and was) entitled to do so. And you would find the ride assortment somewhat lacking, but the operation style of those rides far more turbulent than today.

...and when it is over, the Cedar Fair debt has been paid, the park has been nostalgically returned to 1972, and as you exit Flight of Time, you see the Bavarian Beetle, the bumper cars and a themed land called Coney Island. As you walk under Racer's last bunny hill, you walk up to the Lunch Basket to find $1 Cokes and people complaining about the prices. As you look back, there is nothing but grass and maintenance buildings, and you struggle to remember what the name of that fort and ride you could have sworn you just rode was. You are then entertained by a roving clown band, see a great many live and wonderful shows, ride The Racer, both sides, and are stunned at its wonderful airtime, comfortable trains, no seat dividers or head rests, flip down bars, and most of all, the soft cushioning in the trains. You ride the Rotor, Flying Dutchman, Enchanted Voyage, Haley's Comet and many others. At the end of the day, you prepare to leave, but can't find your car in the parking lot filled with vintage late sixties and early seventies cars.

What the heck?

Are you mocking me? :huh:

There would be a lot more negative things than that. Imagine the food stand operators' reactions when you tried to use a Visa, Mastercard or even the 2000+ currency in your pockets. Imagine your shock when you were the slightest bit rude, and, as a 14 year old, were disciplined by nearly any adult in the park, who felt (and was) entitled to do so. And you would find the ride assortment somewhat lacking, but the operation style of those rides far more turbulent than today.

Why does Back to the Future come to mind, or R.L. Stine's "The Beast" . . . :unsure:

At least it'd be somewhat adventuresome, like in the movies.

...and when it is over, the Cedar Fair debt has been paid, the park has been nostalgically returned to 1972, and as you exit Flight of Time, you see the Bavarian Beetle, the bumper cars and a themed land called Coney Island. As you walk under Racer's last bunny hill, you walk up to the Lunch Basket to find $1 Cokes and people complaining about the prices. As you look back, there is nothing but grass and maintenance buildings, and you struggle to remember what the name of that fort and ride you could have sworn you just rode was. You are then entertained by a roving clown band, see a great many live and wonderful shows, ride The Racer, both sides, and are stunned at its wonderful airtime, comfortable trains, no seat dividers or head rests, flip down bars, and most of all, the soft cushioning in the trains. You ride the Rotor, Flying Dutchman, Enchanted Voyage, Haley's Comet and many others. At the end of the day, you prepare to leave, but can't find your car in the parking lot filled with vintage late sixties and early seventies cars.

What the heck?

Merciful heavens, no! Why would I mock someone who gave me such a great place to start my fantasy from???

What the heck?

Merciful heavens, no! Why would I mock someone who gave me such a great place to start my fantasy from???

Yeah, it was nice.