Season Pass Question

peanut1200

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, and I have a question about season pass processing.

How early should I get to KI on opening day to process season passes? I just saw a picture of a HUGE "pass processing" line in the photo galleries. Would it be better to wait a couple of weeks rather than go on opening day? Thanks for your help!

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, and I have a question about season pass processing.

How early should I get to KI on opening day to process season passes? I just saw a picture of a HUGE "pass processing" line in the photo galleries. Would it be better to wait a couple of weeks rather than go on opening day? Thanks for your help!

I'd get to the park about an hour early. The line does build up rather quickly in a lot of cases. Keep checking KIC, for the past few years they have opened up pass processing a week before the park has opened in order to help alleviate the lines, however we do not have any official word on whether that program will return or not.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Opening day the line usually isn't too bad for SP processing. The longest lines always occur the week (and sometimes up to two weeks) prior to a price increase. These tend to be the end of May and the last few weekends that the park is open. In the past (at least when I worked there, I'm not sure about the past several years), they even opened for season pass processing during the week from 4pm-8pm during the first few weeks of the park being open. If this is again available, and you are able to go then, THAT is the time to go. Lines for processing at these times are virtually non-existant, and you can get right in and right out. I'm sure that if they are doing that again, it will be listed on this website, and definitely on the park's website in the coming months.

Heres another question about season passes...

I am going to California in February. I plan on visiting Knotts Berry Farm while I am there. Since the platinum pass includes Knotts, can I get my season pass there?

I have not bought the season pass yet for this reason. I knew that if I bought it through KI then I could not process it at Knotts.

As long as you have the voucher that entitles you to a free jacket, you`ll be able to pick one up in the spring. In the fall, the jackets were leaving just about as quick as they could get them in.

I believe that Platinum passes must be processed at the park from which they were purchased.

As long as you have the voucher that entitles you to a free jacket, you`ll be able to pick one up in the spring. In the fall, the jackets were leaving just about as quick as they could get them in.

I believe that Platinum passes must be processed at the park from which they were purchased.

Faster! My brother and I picked ours up closing weekend, and were not able to get our preferred size.

Heres another question about season passes...

I am going to California in February. I plan on visiting Knotts Berry Farm while I am there. Since the platinum pass includes Knotts, can I get my season pass there?

I have not bought the season pass yet for this reason. I knew that if I bought it through KI then I could not process it at Knotts.

If you purchase a Platinum Pass from VisitKingsIsland.com and have it PROCESSED at Knott's Berry Farm, it'll still be a Kings Island Platinum Pass.

Are you sure they will even do that? KI could not and would not process a Platinum Pass I bought from cedarpoint.com, and at the time the CP site said the pass could be processed at any Cedar Fair park then processing passes. The language was shortly thereafter removed, and KI gave me a refund for the CP Platinum pass, and said that I would get the benefits for the CP Platinum pass with the KI Platinum pass, and if not, I could exchange later...as CP was not yet processing passes, and I was going to be at other CF parks (including KI) before CP opens. So, after they refunded my money, I bought a KI Platinum Pass on the spot and they processed it. I was very pleased with what they did.

That sounds surprisingly simple. Perhaps the Cedar Fair parks are making things at season pass processing easier to deal with. I hope that within a few years, we will be able to scan in at the gate, rather than having to sign in at guest relations as you did last season when visiting other parks. (Or at least the parks I visited.)

Uh, you could do that at some parks last season. Not once did I have to sign in at Kings Island with my Cedar Point Max pass. . .I DID at Carowinds, though. . .

Sorry, I didn't specify did I...oops. Parks besides KI, as I never had to do this either. I had to sign in at guest relations for Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, and Michigan's Adventure. Kings Island was fine, though. (My pass was from there--I assume that is why.)

Thanks to all for the great information.

We live in Columbus, and are planning on spending the night in Mason April 19th. I think we will take our chances and head over to the park early on the 20th to get in line for pass processing.

Also, this will be my first trip to KI. I just moved to Ohio from North Carolina. I've been to several parks on the east coast (Kings Dominion, both Busch Gardens, Disney, Carowinds, etc.) I love, love, love coasters. Any suggestions for my first experience at KI?

Thanks!

Thanks to all for the great information.

We live in Columbus, and are planning on spending the night in Mason April 19th. I think we will take our chances and head over to the park early on the 20th to get in line for pass processing.

Also, this will be my first trip to KI. I just moved to Ohio from North Carolina. I've been to several parks on the east coast (Kings Dominion, both Busch Gardens, Disney, Carowinds, etc.) I love, love, love coasters. Any suggestions for my first experience at KI?

Thanks!

The Beast--all the way.

It is a must ride at Kings Island. The "X-base" which includes Firehawk and Flight of Fear is a must-visit. Racer is a great older wooden coaster. Be careful on Son of Beast, it is especially rough in the first helix, but in other parts of the ride, it's great. If you don't mind roughness, you'll love it.

While in that area, I also recommend whatever Top Gun will be called. The entrance is right next to Son of Beast. It's one of the few suspended coasters that you can find.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe you can buy your pass at Knott's and have it processed there.

But if I'm right,

If it's a platinum or gold pass, you only get the VIP bosts in the park where it's proccessed,

hopefully your home park...

This is what Ive been told when I bought my Platinum Pass. If your pass has not been processed yet from the park you have bought it from you can procsses it at any Cedar Fair park. Now that only works if you bought a Platinum Pass because its good at all the parks. This was also brought up at no coaster. I bought my Pass at Cedar Point But I processed it at Kings Island and I had no problems at both parks. Now as far as the perks go its my understanding that if you have a Platinum Pass the perks are good at all the parks. If you just bought a Gold Pass the perks are only good at Kings Island.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/admission...rk_validity.cfm

Look under Important Notes. Hope this helps.