Ace Wintersoar

pkifreakhogg

Well, it is probably unlikely that it will happen. Russ Johnson, the Southern Ohio Regional Representative just stepped down from his post effective immediately. Brian Neal, the assistant rep, is taking over the duties of Regional Rep. Amid the change, I doubt there will be time to coordinate the former winter meeting of ACE members at the park.

ACE held it at Kings Island for several years. Brian always put a lot of heart into this event and his hard work showed. Unfortunately, the IR has been booked up for almost all weekends in February and March to conduct interviews as Kings Island prepares for the 2008 season.

Yea, I don't think they will.

Why is that? Who do you know in ACE or at the park to give that kind of information? The original poster was asking a question, and you're doing nothing to help him, just taking a guess and potentially mislead him. Once again, I remind you, if you're going to post something, make it worthwhile. If you don't think KI is going to have the event then please say why that way you're not giving out any false information. Thats pretty rude to the original poster who is looking for an answer to his question, if you really know the answer or think you have some reasoning behind your statement, then please post it and don't waste the original posters time.

It is too bad that they won't be hosting the event this year. Hopefully they can get something worked out for another location. After all, an event somewhere is better than no event at all.

By the way...

Isn't this a little harsh of a statement for someone casually posting in a coaster-related forum?

Yea, I don't think they will.

Why is that? Who do you know in ACE or at the park to give that kind of information? The original poster was asking a question, and you're doing nothing to help him, just taking a guess and potentially mislead him. Once again, I remind you, if you're going to post something, make it worthwhile. If you don't think KI is going to have the event then please say why that way you're not giving out any false information. Thats pretty rude to the original poster who is looking for an answer to his question, if you really know the answer or think you have some reasoning behind your statement, then please post it and don't waste the original posters time.

^No, because the person was posting for the sake of posting and I think it's a good thing that they are cracking down on this because over the past month or so I've noticed so many worthless posts in many of the topics that have made me less interested in coming to the site and reading the topics as often as I usually do because I get tired of sorting through the good posts, which there are still a lot of, and the posts for the sake of posting, which are cluttering the boards of this site.

The fact that they don't allow posts like that on this site is one of the reasons it's so much better than most other coaster sites.

(feek free to delete this post as it's off topic, but I just thought I'd throw that out there because I've been feeling that way for a while, you guys do a great job with the site so I hate to see so many pointless posts ruining the content)

^No, because the person was posting for the sake of posting and I think it's a good thing that they are cracking down on this because over the past month or so I've noticed so many worthless posts in many of the topics that have made me less interested in coming to the site and reading the topics as often as I usually do because I get tired of sorting through the good posts, which there are still a lot of, and the posts for the sake of posting, which are cluttering the boards of this site.

The fact that they don't allow posts like that on this site is one of the reasons it's so much better than most other coaster sites.

(feek free to delete this post as it's off topic, but I just thought I'd throw that out there because I've been feeling that way for a while, you guys do a great job with the site so I hate to see so many pointless posts ruining the content)

On the contrary. Personally, I think that just makes those who post feel less interested in posting in the site. Just skip over it, it's short enough. I get tired of having to click on all of the links constantly, but you don't hear me complaining about that. Regardless, the focus in a coaster related forum ought to be about fun--this forum (in MY opinion--and you can't take it away from me) is a particularly nasty forum when it comes to posting friendly and fun filled things. All anyone on here wants to do is argue and say nasty things like the above, and the moderators are in no way friendly to its members.

All anyone on here wants to do is argue and say nasty things like the above, and the moderators are in no way friendly to its members.

The moderators on this site are friendlier to its members than many many other forums out there. Our moderators have bent over backwards for us to get this site so closely linked to the park. You should appreciate that. Also, the moderator's jobs are to moderate senseless comments like those that YOU continue to make!

And you should please note that the comment of the moderator was in no way professional. Either way--there are much more pleasant forums out there (especially the ones that you aren't a part of) and I will certainly continue to hang there.

I do appreciate that these forums are closely related to Kings Island. If all of you would focus on the fun involved, it would be a much better forum in which to hang out. I've seen some pretty crappy treatment.

And...sure one word posts that are useless to read should be limited, but it is much better for the climate of the forum overall if the comments of the moderators and its members are friendly to ALL forum visitors.

Every comment made by a moderator has been a last effort attempt to refine the activity of a forum member or member(s) in your case since you have joined his ranks. You are the only person on here, I'm sure, who disagreed with the way the situation was handled, and you yourself have proven to have extremely poor judgement in your forum activity, so Im not sure anyone looks towards your comments with anything more than a grain of salt and a bitten tongue.

Also, the fun involved? You have single handedly removed the fun in multiple threads by bringing us off topic on your own personal rants, where you seem to endlessly enjoy watching yourself type.

Also, there are thousands of members on this forum which embrace the fun involved and continue to fund the fun through their intricate, well thought out and amusing posts. Thankfully, most of which have not been destroyed with your useless banter, which in so many cases has nothing to do with the topic at hand; where the fun of it all, or information of certain topics is being discussed and being trampled by your mindless attempts to exert your uninformed expertise on other members.

Please stop your entirely useless banter, and many members will cease to curb the right for you to have "fun". As you must understand, members and moderators of this forum are trying to keep all parties productive, informed, and happy.

And you should please note that the comment of the moderator was in no way professional. Either way--there are much more pleasant forums out there (especially the ones that you aren't a part of) and I will certainly continue to hang there.

I do appreciate that these forums are closely related to Kings Island. If all of you would focus on the fun involved, it would be a much better forum in which to hang out. I've seen some pretty crappy treatment.

And...sure one word posts that are useless to read should be limited, but it is much better for the climate of the forum overall if the comments of the moderators and its members are friendly to ALL forum visitors.

I'm sorry that to you my comment came off as a little unprofessional, however the only reason the matter wasn't adressed in private is because he has ignored the majority of requests I have sent to him through private message. His behavior and random, content less posting has been agrivating to other users (as shown by their responses earlier in the topic). One word responses and posts that feature no content are ruled against in the site's Terms of Service agreement which you agree to when joining this site. Under the guidelines of the third rule down...

If you agree with someone, let us know why, don't just leave us hanging with "^agreed". This is also specifically hard on our dial up users who have to download the whole template constantly with really no content in it.

His reply to pkifreakhog was not needed and misleading. PKIfreakhog had an honest question, with JacksonPKI's response he gave no basis as to why PKIfreakhog should believe they weren't having it. Had he given some reason to back up his statement, sure that would be fine, however he gave no basis and his history has shown that he wouldn't have any information on the subject. No reason to guess at the answer to question then give no basis for why you're guessing. I feel that I have a good relationship with the majority of the members here on KICentral and I certainly appreciate any content and conversation the members bring to the table. My job is to enforce the terms of service. Yes there are other KI related sites out there, and your more than welcome to hang there as well as continuing to be a valued member of KICental. However no one brings you as much exclusive content as KIC or gets you closer to KI. Not to mention the renowned forums community to which I am glad to say I belong to.

You have seen some pretty crappy treatment? Geez, I wonder why. Perhaps it has to do with your agressive style of portraying your opinion?

Lets take a look at some examples:

And...as to the ridiculous point about having no ride or no park...etc. IT IS INTERESTING TO ME THAT VERY FEW OTHER PARKS HAVE RIDICULOUS TRIMS ON THE RIDES IN SUCH STUPID PLACES. EVEN SMALL PARKS THAT HAVE LESS ATTENDANCE AND LESS FUNDING. I.E. STRICKER'S GROVE, LAKEMONT PARK, IDLEWILD--YOU SURE DON'T SEE THEM TRIMMING THEIR CLASSIC COASTER!!!!!!!

Hopefully by now you get my point because I will NEVER get yours. It's fine if they are neccessity, but dumb ones don't need to exist. Many of the current trim brakes are fine, if they are just dialed back!!!!!

Have you ridden Voyage lately? Or at all? It's insane. I'm talking about normal caliber wooden coasters. If you're going to use that arguement about Stricker's Grove, we'll use Blue Streak at Cedar Point. It doesn't have trims, and it is the oldest operating coaster at Cedar Point! Seeing my point yet?

And...for your benefit Cory Butcher

I would have used The Screechin' Eagle as an example if I didn't KNOW that you would use the arguement that they closed, since you love to argue every angle under the sun for the sake of arguing.

Oh...what's the matter Cory? Can't think of an arguement?

Incedently...

Creating arguments that don't need to be created is not a character trait. If you don't agree with the trim brake discussion, then quit trying to tick the rest of us off!

I might add that I am always willing to listen to people's insights as long as they are worth listening to. I'm glad I haven't made too many typos or you'd argue with that too!

And, as long as I have a caps lock key I'll capitalize anything I please if the point merits. (Which I haven't used for the last several posts!)

Yes...

I am well aware of the purpose of trims. As well as many other portions of a roller coaster that you might think I wouldn't such as upstops, chaindogs, anti-rollbacks etc. and the functions of each. I don't need to explain any credentials to you.

Rather than defending the trims, or trying to make it sound like I'm stupid and you are all-knowing, why not think of other comparable roller coasters out there.

I find it amusing that a related forum to a park that has a reputation for trimming rides to death, would be defending trim brakes to me. Why am I not surprized. If you want to trim a ride to death so that you can ride a less than satisfactory ride longer, fine.

Its funny to me that you all are the ones that keep bringing things back up.

Just get over yourselves, off your over-confrontational, egocentric feelings, and back on the topic. I think that is for the FIFTH time now.

Agree to disagree and move on like any normal person would.

Thank you JacksonPKI for agreeing with the idea!