New Kings Island Parking Lot Sign, Entertainment Lineup Auditions, 2008 Calendar Announced, Season Passes & More!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwindshawne
...Sign Sign everywhere a sign

Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign . . .

And the sign said everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray

But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,

I didn't have a penny to pay, so I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign

I said thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine. . .

© 1970, 2002 Five Man Electrical Band

I love that...thank you!!!

All these comments about the new sign and no photos? Sheesh!!!

Uh, you need to look at Ryan's (BoddaH1994's) link in the first post in the thread!

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=213

There are also some night pictures in another thread from this post on:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=193199

It looks like they wanted the sign to resemble the old one as much as possible. Personally I would have made some more dramatic changes, and had the logo straight across than arched. But in my personal opinion it's still better than the Paramount sign, but not by much.

That's because in all probability in many ways the new sign is just the old sign with a remodel. Saves money and is good for the environment, too. And most people will never know and think the sign is totally new. Just like coaster clones, no one but the most avid enthusiast (park, cultural, designer, etc.) could even draw from memory or describe what the old sign looked like, nor cares if it looks like another sign at another park or park chain. Most people pay only a little bit of attention to such things. Yes, it's important and an icon for the park, but by far the majority of people only occasionally look at it, they do not normally study it.

It looks like they wanted the sign to resemble the old one as much as possible. Personally I would have made some more dramatic changes, and had the logo straight across than arched. But in my personal opinion it's still better than the Paramount sign, but not by much.

That's because in all probability in many ways the new sign is just the old sign with a remodel. Saves money and is good for the environment, too. And most people will never know and think the sign is totally new. Just like coaster clones, no one but the most avid enthusiast (park, cultural, designer, etc.) could even draw from memory or describe what the old sign looked like, nor cares if it looks like another sign at another park or park chain. Most people pay only a little bit of attention to such things. Yes, it's important and an icon for the park, but by far the majority of people only occasionally look at it, they do not normally study it.

Yep, that's true:

From page 1 of this thread:

The lower part of the new portion of the sign is actually the same as the old sign. It was simply refurbished and the new Kings Island logo was installed.

It is not.

It is MUCH more colorful and fitting for the park.

Just an opinion. But it's my opinion.

I by far prefer the blue background on the Carowinds sign to the drab, dreary beige at Kings Island.

Looks like a sign that you'd see out in front of little church. You know the kind that they put "motivational" messages on.

The picture is somewhat misleading. The sign is a large sign, but low to the ground, and is perfect for the area where it sits. I suspect the area has zoning limiting how signs are erected. It fits perfectly in the area, being just large enough and colorful enough to snag visitors!

To model after your analogy, it would also be a good sign for a progressive corporation in an office park.