New Kings Island Parking Lot Sign, Entertainment Lineup Auditions, 2008 Calendar Announced, Season Passes & More!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not.

It is MUCH more colorful and fitting for the park.

Just an opinion. But it's my opinion.

I by far prefer the blue background on the Carowinds sign to the drab, dreary beige at Kings Island.

Looks like a sign that you'd see out in front of little church. You know the kind that they put "motivational" messages on.

Unfortunately, now that just reminded me of the Solid Rock Church in Monroe:

king_ofking.jpg

map1.jpg

I just hope the new sign dont need to be replaced in year or 2 just like the other one was. I remember they had a new sign a few years ago and about a year or 2 later they had to replace it due to the winds knocking it down and bending the steel beems. I never seen beems do that cause of the wind.

I just hope the new sign dont need to be replaced in year or 2 just like the other one was. I remember they had a new sign a few years ago and about a year or 2 later they had to replace it due to the winds knocking it down and bending the steel beems. I never seen beems do that cause of the wind.

Just because you have never seen something does not mean it is not possible.

Obviously you have seen wind damage from tornados and hurricanes. Downbursts can be just as damaging, but are harder to predict and diagnose because they happen so fast and are very isolated.

Or the prior sign just could have had the condition known as "Vortex shearing".

Not to mention the other sign stood since the early 70's, it did not have to be "replaced in a year or 2". It wasn't just wind that knocked down the "beems" (Its steel beams with an 'a' by the way), it was a Tornado in the area that completely destroyed a sign that had been standing for years.

Provided by KIC's own staff:

The Fall of 2003 saw the demise of the old parking lot sign as it fell during a terrible storm. This album contains construction photos of the new Hollywood-inspired sign!

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=39

New 2004 sign construction discussed here:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=768

Wow Gordan Bombays the only person ive seen on here from fairfield like me!! :lol: lol

lol yep, lived in Fairfield since I was 2. Down on Crystal by the past the YMCA and near the 7 and 8th grade school.

Wait, you mean you live by the middle school!! :huh: I go to that school now.7th grader

• 2 weeks later...

According to visitkingsisland.com it would seem the free gold upgrade is over.

They are advertising a gold pass cost 94.99 now, while a regular KI only pass cost 89.99. Platinum Passes are still 150.00

4 or more gold passes are 89.99 a piece, or 4 or more regular are 84.99 a piece.

Apparently if you buy a gold pass it includes free parking again. But only with the gold pass. Platinum passes still include free parking.

Edited by PKIVortex