Cedar Point sticks with Snoopy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the kids will be upset the first time they go to the park and see characters that aren't Nickelodeon characters, but then when they see that the new characters are still fun and huggable, everything will still be fine. :P

So you would assume, however I doubt that the removal of Nickelodeon charecters or theming would have a positive or non-existent affect on attendance.

Bingo.

You don't honestly think that a kid is going to say, "i don't want to ride that roller coaster because it's not fairly odd."

The plain low down is that Nick benefits a great deal from this type of advertising.

As I've said before, they once had this promotion where Merch employees dressed as Hummel Figures. Kids ran up to them and hugged them like they were superstars. Now you can't tell me that these kids knew anything about what Hummel Figures are.

Snoopy is NOT unique to Cedar Point, but is also found at Dorney Park, Knott's Berry Farm, etc.....

And what is this nonsense about The United States of Mexico network?

We do have Hispanic posters here and those of Mexican citizenry, even.

Is there some fact of which I am not aware or was this just some weird slam?

I'm not sure where the United States of Mexico thing came from either?

Kinda way off in left field?

Nor will the kids say "I don't want to ride that kiddy ride as it came from Geauga Lake." Nor that "I don't want to ride that kiddy ride as there is one just like it in California."

Exactly.

Some on the board tend to place too much importance on Nick and on what's New.

The entire goal is to provide an enjoyable experience for the guests.

I'm certain that the movement of Geauga's rides will be popular for each of the parks that receive them.

I think that Firehawk was a nice addition to Kings Island.

Snoopy is NOT unique to Cedar Point, but is also found at Dorney Park, Knott's Berry Farm, etc.....

And what is this nonsense about The United States of Mexico network?

We do have Hispanic posters here and those of Mexican citizenry, even.

Is there some fact of which I am not aware or was this just some weird slam?

I'm not sure where the United States of Mexico thing came from either?

Kinda way off in left field?

Not a slam on Hispanics, just a slam on what little i've seen of those cartoons being geared towards amerincan kids i'm not sure if i heard more english or spanish, I have hispanic friends and certainly meant no offense to them, appologies

Not a slam on Hispanics, just a slam on what little i've seen of those cartoons being geared towards Amerincan kids i'm not sure if i heard more english or spanish, I have hispanic friends and certainly meant no offense to them, appologies

Why does the comment, "I have black friends" come to mind? <G>

You do know that Puerto Rico is a US Territory and Commonwealth? They do Speak Spanish on the island. They are "American" as much as anyone (say in Ohio) is American.

And you do realize that the kids programming that started with some Spanish portions is Sesame Street. By far, that is about as American as it comes.

So, other than Dora the Explorer or Go Diego Go, what are all of these spanish or mexican cartoons/shows that are being referred to? If it's just those two, that is barely .000001% of their entire programming.

Not to mention that eventually, kids will need to learn a second language. Why not get a headstart on that?

So, other than Dora the Explorer or Go Diego Go, what are all of these spanish or mexican cartoons/shows that are being referred to? If it's just those two, that is barely .000001% of their entire programming.

Not to mention that eventually, kids will need to learn a second language. Why not get a headstart on that?

They will need to learn a second language?

Now I've heard this as long as I've heard that the US will be switching over to the metric system.

Now granted, I learned the metric system and I speak German conversationally, but I can't say that I've needed it.

I think that the commonality is that most other nations in the world speak English as their second language. There are few people in Europe that I have come upon that do not speak at least some English.

He meant no offense by the United States of Mexico comment, there was an even article of the same name on the front page of TIME magazine a few years back that discussed the country's economic development and growing prosperity, he was not intending to use it as a rude comment. There is no need to turn this topic into a topic about race or politics, especially when that was not raptor's intent.

For the last time; Hispanic Americans, or any nationality, race, or creed of people don't have anything to do with the new Snoopy themed section at Cedar Point, so how about we stick to the topic...

I've always suspected that foreign language that the teachers and adults speak in Peanut's shows.

It's just about impossible to understand what they are saying.

I think that it's Charles Schultz's plan to overthrow the country.

If it's just those two, that is barely .000001% of their entire programming.

Dora and Diego are on MUCH more than that.

About 2 hours per day actually.

I realize it was a bit exaggerated.

Raptor: Anwyay, yes, at some point in school, children must learn another language. It's been this was for a very long time. Where have you been?

Sorry for de-railing the topic at hand, Ronny. It has nothing to do with CP's new Planet Snoopy. I think that this is a very good move for them. That's the one thing that KI definitely has an edge over CP...kids area. It's a step in the right direction.

Nor will the kids say "I don't want to ride that kiddy ride as it came from Geauga Lake."

Now, that's unrealistic. Most people don't know whether a ride is relocated or not, whether it's a clone or not, whether the same name was used on another coaster, ect.

Most people care about one park and one park only: Their home park.

Remember how almost everyone onthis board has a story with the same plot line?:

"Yea, Look at Firehawk. Nice ride. Doesn't it look just like X-Flight?"

"Yea, It does. But, everyone knows you can't just up-and-move a roller coaster!"

Nor will the kids say "I don't want to ride that kiddy ride as it came from Geauga Lake."

Now, that's unrealistic. Most people don't know whether a ride is relocated or not, whether it's a clone or not, whether the same name was used on another coaster, ect.

Which is exactly the point the person you quoted was making.

"Yea, It does. But, everyone knows you can't just up-and-move a roller coaster!"

What? That makes no sense at all? What point are you getting at?

Which is exactly the point the person you quoted was making.

What? That makes no sense at all? What point are you getting at?

Look at the last line of the first quote, and you will see why I posted that.

You seem to get the talking part down, your posts just are not clear and usually lack any logic or reason in them to make a clear point, nor do you listen when others try to correct and help you, nor do you read the entire topic. Your posts typically appear out of context, random, and pointless. I'm not saying this to pick on you, but others have numerous times tried to point it out to you and lend you a helping hand, most notably Interpreter and CoastersRZ. I don't mean to say it out in public, but I have tried to PM you to lend you a hand and you just ignore it, hence why its out in the open.

^ But since CP is redoing an entire kids' area to Peanuts for 2008, it is obvious that they will be sticking with Peanuts for a while.

For CP at least. I was saying when it's time to renew the nick license, they will either renew it, or if it's cheaper to retheme everything to Peanuts, they will probably decided which ever is cheaper.

It is not just as simple as which is cheaper for Cedar Fair to renew, Nick or Peanuts. They would have to look at the value that each of these brands adds to their parks. I think (as has been discussed many other times in other threads), that the value the Nick brand offers is far superior to the value of the Peanuts. The question then becomes is the price right for the value that Cedar Fair is getting? No one is sure about that. Cedar Fair hasn`t mentioned much about the Nick licensing since they initially bought the Paramount Parks.

It is not just as simple as which is cheaper for Cedar Fair to renew, Nick or Peanuts. They would have to look at the value that each of these brands adds to their parks. I think (as has been discussed many other times in other threads), that the value the Nick brand offers is far superior to the value of the Peanuts. The question then becomes is the price right for the value that Cedar Fair is getting? No one ones for sure. Cedar Fair hasn`t mentioned much about the Nick licensing since they initially bought the Paramount Parks.

And that can either be a sign or it could be a negotiating tool