Vortex

RaCeR

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did NOT happen, if it did Vortex would either be gone of SBNO. My sister used to tell me stuff like that... mainly to just scare me.

First, it did not happen. But, second, coasters that have had deaths usually do continue to operate. See, for instance, Raven at Holiday World, Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure, Timber Wolf at Worlds of Fun, etc.

It did NOT happen, if it did Vortex would either be gone of SBNO. My sister used to tell me stuff like that... mainly to just scare me.

First, it did not happen. But, second, coasters that have had deaths usually do continue to operate. See, for instance, Raven at Holiday World, Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure, Timber Wolf at Worlds of Fun, etc.

I had never heard that someone died on Raven... when did that happen (not doubting you, of course, but just curious)?

*** Great Laurel and Hardy Bit:

Miss Lola: "Tell me. Tell me about my dear, dear daddy. Is it true that he's dead?"

Stan: "Well, we hope he is. . . they buried him."

Lola: "Oh, it can't be. What did he die of?"

Stan: "I think he died of a Tuesday, or was it a Wednesday?"

Way Out West -- 1937

I had never heard that someone died on Raven... when did that happen (not doubting you, of course, but just curious)?

Yes someone did die on raven in 2003 The lady unbuckled her seatbelt and had her lapbar up and was flung out during the event Stark Raven Mad.

Yes someone did die on raven in 2003 The lady unbuckled her seatbelt and had her lapbar up and was flung out during the event Stark Raven Mad.

I was there that night at the event. Everyone was supposed to be in the picnic grove eating, but they decided to get their own food and catch some rides on raven. She was in the back seat with her fiance that had proposed that night. Mrs. Koch came to the picnic grove and told us what had happened and that the event was over. It was around 8:30and The park closed at 9. We were waiting in the picnic grove untill the guests were out, then we were supposed to have ERT till midnight. Obviously that didnt happen.

The lady unbuckeled the seatbelt, only had one click on he restraint, and was standing up on the ride. Anyone who's been on raven knows about that midcourse drop.

Anyone who's been on raven knows about that midcourse drop.

Oi, I can't even imagine going over that drop without a seatbelt and the restraint basically all the way up. And I heard that she was in the last car - is that correct? Because I rode Raven last row twice, and that's some of the craziest air I've ever gotten. Now to get that without anything holding you back... :blink::wacko: