VisitKingsIsland.com Downtime Explained

BoddaH1994

I don't have any information beyond what was supplied in the above post. However, I was told to warn you guys of the downtime when it occurred so you wouldn't get your hopes up.

Plus, if they were going to launch a new site, it would take 30 seconds, not two days. Maintenance on the other hand can take days depending on what's going on.

Are they getting rid of the paramount logos that pop up on the tabs and the paramount logos on the side of the screen when visiting a ride's page?

Again (and those of you know who a lot about web programming can back me up on this) if they were going to change anything with the web site, they'd do it offline and seamlessly upload it. The change would take a matter of seconds, not days. If anything, this is an indication that it truly is just maintenance. They could be working on the mainframe or something.

Yeah, most web updates are usually pretty seamless. But if they need maintenance or to fix something on the servers, that can take some time, and result in the sites being offline. I would venture to say that all the former Paramount Park websites are still on the same server, which is why all the sites are down.

I do wonder though, how long it will be before they finally perge those sites of all references to Paramount. There are still quite a few references on there.

If there were changes made, they don't seem to be very drastic.

The site looks the same to me.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/#actions

If you typed in visitkingsisland.com it would reconize it, but if you looked at the top the domain name would still be pki.com or something along those lines.

Now, It's officaly www.visitkingsisland.com.

And when you're reading the stats for a certain ride, it doesn't have the Paramount logo next to it.

And on the top of the tabs it doesn't say Paramount's Kings Island.

Old News.

Really, was it? I hadn't seen anything about it in this thread, so I thought I'd let people know. If it was posted in another thread, I did not see that. I now know that it was mentioned on page 8 of a 13 page thread, so my bad....