the phantom theater

kiruler102

I came across this today on youtube. Dont know if anyone had seen this or not but are they suppose to bring that ride back? that was my favorite ride when i heard they took it out i started to cry. well give me your input of what you think this video means.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a new Phantom Theater and re-furbished TR:TR (all with original soundtracks of course) over a new coaster any day.

It amazes me that given the vast number of rides that have been recorded on video camera (especially those found at Disney) there don't seem to be any that have been posted online of Phantom Theater. I would think someone, at some point, would have sneaked a camera onto the ride and taken at least a few seconds of footage. This being against park policy, of course, but I must admit, I wouldn't mind seeing the old Maestro again.

Besides, I don't have the heart to point out it is Chance Morgan these days . . . and why no mention of INTAMIN? They've even been known to pre-fabricate some things. It's not like they are some kind of maverick ride company. Then again, the manufacturer could perhaps end up being some renegade or even build a ravine flyer of some sort, though it woodn't seem likely. Well, all of them go downhill, so chalk them up to the gravity group. All great coasters!

I'll take a new Phantom Theater and re-furbished TR:TR (all with original soundtracks of course) over a new coaster any day.

It amazes me that given the vast number of rides that have been recorded on video camera (especially those found at Disney) there don't seem to be any that have been posted online of Phantom Theater. I would think someone, at some point, would have sneaked a camera onto the ride and taken at least a few seconds of footage. This being against park policy, of course, but I must admit, I wouldn't mind seeing the old Maestro again.

Someone managed to sneak a few seconds worth of ride footage inside Scooby's Castle of Haunted Doo-ness and posted it up on YouTube, but I'm not sure if it's still on there or not.

And, seeing as how there's quite a bit of POVs of Italian Job (I'm not calling it Backlot Stunt Coaster) Son of Beast, its father, and even Wild Thornberry's floating around the 'Tube (trust me, I've seen 'em), there's no way that there can't be a video of the insides of the Theater.

.....unless....

...there's plans to bring back the Maestro for another show come this October in the form of a haunted maze. It would be a great way to bring back the animatronics in their full glory rather than off in a dark corner of Coney Mall. Not to mention it would bring in some much needed creativity and originality to the Haunt.

While Phantom Theater was built during the Paramount days, I do not believe the Phantom Theater name and characters are property of paramount, so (Hypothetically speaking) there would be no legal issues between the rights for the ride if it were to make a comeback.

Props to the guy who took the time to make this ;)

Yes, a company that's still in financial debt planning a $25+ million roller coaster sounds VERY realistic at this particular moment.

Especially if it's a B&M 'cause that's what we ALL really want to see. :)

[/sarcasm]

Makes as much sense as:

* Putting in Behemoth during similar financial circumstances.

* Paying $1.24 billion for the Paramount Parks, only to see the company's market captilization as a whole be less than that purchase price 18 months later.

* Borrowing money to be able to continue paying out unreduced distributions to unit holders.

* The food, drink and merchandise prices in the parks.

Yep, it would not seem inconsistent for Cedar Fair to put that kind of money into Kings Island next year...especially since Mr. Kinzel was so determined to buy the park at virtually any price, affordable or not.

The amusement park business is one where parks must constantly be refreshed and have new things to attract the public. In reality, it's been eight seasons ago since Kings Island had a MAJOR new coaster (and we know how that ended, so far). Mr. Kinzel really, really, really wanted Kings Island. I bet he really, really, really wants to put his own stamp on it, too. And, at least in the past, to Mr. Kinzel, nothing says great amusement park like a big new coaster.

Perhaps the only intentional capital mistake Cedar Fair could make that would be worse than overinvestment in its properties right now would be underinvestment. Is a coaster of that magnitude wise? In the past, Cedar Fair would have said yes. Note, though, that recent large coaster installations in the USA have not seemed to recoup the same level of return nor as quickly as in the past.

Maybe they could take down the little kids theatre thing by Runaway Reptar and rebuild phantom theatre.Or just gut SDATHC and rebuild it.I loved Phantom theatre,Just wish it would comeback.Makes me mad :angry: That they took it out.Their was no reason to take it out,also when its nickelodon universe.