Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

I was walking out of the park around August of last year and got caught behind a group of about ten people. I recognized some faces, but I'm not sure if they were forum members here or members of ACE or whatever. Nonetheless, they started complaining about how KIC gets all of the attention and someone brought up that the reason why KIC gets to 'do whatever they want' is because Dane and I played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks when Helbig was their play by play guy.

False.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so here are some of the rumors i remember hearing:

did you know that the king cobra is being rebuilt behind TG

did you know that they are putting King Cobra's trains on The Vortex

they are putting SOB trains on The Beast

and the last one i can think of is that......SOB loop is going to be placed on The Beast

these were just the things i over heard.

Most of the rumors I've heard through the years have been either hilarious, or down-right ridiculous:

The Eiffel Tower was going to be painted blue in 2005 (it was repainted "Eiffel Tower Green"); The Mini Coopers on BLST were going to be replaced with Volkswagens (or mini-Hummers, or mini-Scions, etc., etc...); The microwave transmitter atop the Eiffel Tower is an alarm bell to warn everyone to board the elevator during bad weather; Tom Hanks appeared on channel 12 to announce "Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack" (it was another actor dressed up like 'Forrest Gump' in 2003); a tornado knocked down the original sign (it was another weather phenomenon called 'straight line winds'); some guy/girl got knocked out by a shoe flung from Delirium (no such thing has ever been reported); a teenager was decapitated by the counterweight on the Eiffel Tower in 1983 (he wasn't; he died from injuries sustained in a tragic fall within the structure); and my all-time favorite, from a ride long gone from KI: "you can unscrew the canopies from the Zodiac by spinning the wheel too quickly."

a teenager was decapitated by the counterweight on the Eiffel Tower in 1983 (he wasn't; he died from injuries sustained in a tragic fall within the structure)

Um, actually, it was the counterweight that got him. The injuries sustained were due to the counterweight...

Most of the rumors I've heard through the years have been either hilarious, or down-right ridiculous:

The Eiffel Tower was going to be painted blue in 2005 (it was repainted "Eiffel Tower Green"); The Mini Coopers on BLST were going to be replaced with Volkswagens (or mini-Hummers, or mini-Scions, etc., etc...); The microwave transmitter atop the Eiffel Tower is an alarm bell to warn everyone to board the elevator during bad weather; Tom Hanks appeared on channel 12 to announce "Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack" (it was another actor dressed up like 'Forrest Gump' in 2003); a tornado knocked down the original sign (it was another weather phenomenon called 'straight line winds'); some guy/girl got knocked out by a shoe flung from Delirium (no such thing has ever been reported); a teenager was decapitated by the counterweight on the Eiffel Tower in 1983 (he wasn't; he died from injuries sustained in a tragic fall within the structure); and my all-time favorite, from a ride long gone from KI: "you can unscrew the canopies from the Zodiac by spinning the wheel too quickly."

The one about the guy getting killedis true.I found news reports about it and my mom was working there as a cook for larosas.(I think larosas.)

EDIT:I didnt see the counter weight part.Never mind

a teenager was decapitated by the counterweight on the Eiffel Tower in 1983 (he wasn't; he died from injuries sustained in a tragic fall within the structure)

Um, actually, it was the counterweight that got him. The injuries sustained were due to the counterweight...

So, I had that one backwards? The 'fall' was the rumor, and the counterweight is the true story? I got the following from the History section of the site: 1983 – "On May 13 - A teenager was killed after falling from the Eiffel Tower. He was in a restricted area when he fell." (obtained from www.KICentral.com/history/timeline.php, paragraph 12 ("1983") on Tuesday, 2-5-08).

I don't mean to be incorrect. :unsure:

I don't mean to be incorrect. :unsure:

LOL

If you mean to be incorrect, then you aren't being incorrect,

you're being misleading.

Just kidding around, sorry.

I also like the one that the Adventure Express wasn't ever finished, but they opened it anyways

Thrill_Biscuit, its OK, everyone is incorrect from time to time. There is not a lot you can find from the news from that time period online, so people are bound to be fuzzy on what really happened.

The counterweight of the Eiffel Tower is in a restricted area, lol, thus the restricted area portion. And, yes he did fall, he was very drunk as some reports would have it. It didn't help his cause that he fell through the counterweight cables in the center of the tower, while the elevator was in motion..

Keep in mind, The history section of this site, is only going to say he "fell from the Eiffel Tower" as the statement is "PG rated". What you wont find on the site is that reportedly the teen was actually "shredded" by the counterweight and its cables. That is noticeably more intense in nature!

Keep in mind, The history section of this site, is only going to say he "fell from the Eiffel Tower" as the statement is "PG rated". What you wont find on the site is that reportedly the teen was actually "shredded" by the counterweight and its cables. That is noticeably more intense in nature!

So wouldn't you want to keep the statement PG rated in line with the rest of the site, I'm sure there are others and younger people on the site who didn't need to read that part you just posted.

Well, I was just a kid in Miamisburg (small world) at the time it happened, and where I lived, a lot of gruesome rumors came out about the 'details' of that night. I understand the PG nature of the History page, and will respect the decency of this site in my posts going forward.

So wouldn't you want to keep the statement PG rated in line with the rest of the site, I'm sure there are others and younger people on the site who didn't need to read that part you just posted.

I felt I kept the statement roughly PG-13, maybe even PG...I used one word to describe the event, a word well within the TOS, unless the mods dictate otherwise. I did not attribute any gore or detailed language other than one simple word. I am sorry if you felt that word should be censored, I did not see it as such.

I see no reason to hide the truth of a situation that happened upwards of twenty years ago, when one has implicitly asked about what really happened, and when the response does not contain any extra details than what needed to be stated! If the mods determine my verb usage was not within the standards set forth by areas of this site, I am quite sure I will be made aware of the situation.

Well, I was just a kid in Miamisburg (small world) at the time it happened, and where I lived, a lot of gruesome rumors came out about the 'details' of that night. I understand the PG nature of the History page, and will respect the decency of this site in my posts going forward.

Wow there are more people from that part of Ohio than I realized.

Is this accident the reason that you can't walk up the steps to the lower observation deck anymore?

Someone else will have to answer this for you, It was well before my time. I have heard that people liked to throw pop off the 50' platform, and that was part of the reason for its closure. But I can not say with absolute certainty. Im sure there were a number of reasons.

Wow there are more people from that part of Ohio than I realized.

Yes, but it's not as cool as Funky Town.

Is this accident the reason that you can't walk up the steps to the lower observation deck anymore?

Someone else will have to answer this for you, It was well before my time. I have heard that people liked to throw pop off the 50' platform, and that was part of the reason for its closure. But I can not say with absolute certainty. Im sure there were a number of reasons.

That is an interesting point. Was there ever anyone minding the stairs or any operators on the 50' level? I've been on that platform before but never back when it was open to the public.

Obviously now the Eiffel Tower has a strict policy about food and drink.

I was walking out of the park around August of last year and got caught behind a group of about ten people. I recognized some faces, but I'm not sure if they were forum members here or members of ACE or whatever. Nonetheless, they started complaining about how KIC gets all of the attention and someone brought up that the reason why KIC gets to 'do whatever they want' is because Dane and I played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks when Helbig was their play by play guy.

False.

Actually, I know this one to be true. You were the center, Dane was the goalie, and Helbig was the play by play guy. It's also a fact you guys won the championship that year! :lol: Go Ducks! Just Kidding!

A rumor I heard years ago, probably a couple of years after The Bat was shut down for good, was that a little girl fell out of The Bat on the lift hill. And that was why it closed for good.

I heard that some guy got in line for Slingshot right as the park closed, so he rode about twenty minutes after the park closed. He screamed so loud that he was heard across the empty park all the way at Drop Zone. What is funny is that the word he screamed during the launch was quite audible to the crew at Drop Zone as they were wrapping up for the night.

False.

Actually, I know this one to be true. You were the center, Dane was the goalie, and Helbig was the play by play guy. It's also a fact you guys won the championship that year! :lol: Go Ducks! Just Kidding!

A rumor I heard years ago, probably a couple of years after The Bat was shut down for good, was that a little girl fell out of The Bat on the lift hill. And that was why it closed for good.

I recently found out my dad played softball with Helbig! I showed him a picture of him and he immediately recognized him.

Is there any pics from the fifty foot platform?

For some reason, my mind's eye is fascinated by the prospect of Son of Beast's former loop on Mean Streak. The mere thought amuses me for some very odd reason!

(and before anyone thinks I am serious...I am not. That loop was, by all accounts, carted off to a recycling center. The track wouldn't match, the coaster wasn't designed for it...Plus, not being down in a valley like it was at Kings Island, that nearly 12 story tall thing would certainly be a sight at the back of the Point!)

More rumors:

"The train used to feature audioanimatronic characters playing pioneers and Native Americans." (False: They were real people.)

"The Eiffel Tower is really a water tower/unfinished restaurant/tv antenna." (False: the interior contains elevator equipment, and the tower itself isn't an antenna, although there are some weather and communications devices up there.)

"The 'Banana Splits' was filmed at Kings Island." (False: Portions were filmed at Coney Island, not Kings Island).

"Evel Knievel jumped the KI fountains." (False: He jumped 14 buses at KI; the fountains he jumped were at Caesar's Palace in Paradise, Nevada).