Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

Guest TombraiderTy
More rumors:

"The train used to feature audioanimatronic characters playing pioneers and Native Americans." (False: They were real people.)

1992_traintheme7.jpg

Those are not real people there. Yes, the train ride featured real people at its opening. But at a later date, they had these figures. Rather they used compressed air or anything else to move I'm not sure of, but this is what people mean when they speak of these audioanimatronics.

And just a thought, Kings Island gave many of its park pieces to Jungle Jims- could the robinhood crew have had a former life on the Kings Island and Miami Vally Railroad?

And just a thought, Kings Island gave many of its park pieces to Jungle Jims- could the robinhood crew have had a former life on the Kings Island and Miami Vally Railroad?

Robin Hood and his Merry Men were not a part of KI&MVRR. The train was themed to a pioneer/river settlement theme, and taking a trip across the pond to England would have been a very long journey! B)

More rumors:

"The train used to feature audioanimatronic characters playing pioneers and Native Americans." (False: They were real people.)

True the train used to feature audio animatronic also with people. Not sure when the real actors stopped, but the audio animatronics left around when Water Works opened up.

What is the funniest rumor you have ever heard, or the faekest (most stupid)?

As of now i can't think of one... but ill post one when i think of one.

I think one of (many) I have heard was quite odd. When I was in grade school, I recall hearing about someone falling out of the Screamin Demon then landing on the bottom of the loop then the person was run over by the train.

Very odd. Has anyone else heard this? :unsure:

I think one of (many) I have heard was quite odd. When I was in grade school, I recall hearing about someone falling out of the Screamin Demon then landing on the bottom of the loop then the person was run over by the train.

Very odd. Never heard of this happening. Hey, how is it that the future quotes to this post talk about phyisics? Weird. :rolleyes:

Very odd, because that would defy physics in so many ways. The victim would have to have initiated enough force to overcome angular momentum, then overpower the effect and derivative calculus of the velocity of falling objects versus a vehicle that's presently subject to centrifugal and other forces, and even if this did happen, the lateral wind speed or some other force would have to push him back onto the track, which would be offset to allow for the loop.

I think you're trying to squeeze way to many big words into a rather simple explination. Please explain what you mean by then they would have to "derivative calculus of the velocity of falling objects," derivative of velocity is acceleration but unless you're talking about the acceleration due to gravity, which is already widely given that doesn't really apply. Also "derivative calculus" is not a verb.

Basically, as long as the centripetal force through the loop (which is defined by the weight, velocity of the train, and radius of loop) is greater than that of gravity, the person could not fall out. In addition, assuming they were wearing a restraint, its is nearly impossible for them to fall out.

However if it were the case that gravity was stronger and the person was able to fall out, the lateral force from the loop moving to one side, would likely be enough force to have the rider land on the track rather than between them.

Somewhere there is a thread describing loop physics...

Either way in short, no that did not happen.

Very odd, because that would defy physics in so many ways. The victim would have to have initiated enough force to overcome angular momentum, then overpower the effect and derivative calculus of the velocity of falling objects versus a vehicle that's presently subject to centrifugal and other forces, and even if this did happen, the lateral wind speed or some other force would have to push him back onto the track, which would be offset to allow for the loop.

I think you're trying to squeeze way to many big words into a rather simple explination. Please explain what you mean by then they would have to "derivative calculus of the velocity of falling objects," derivative of velocity is acceleration but unless you're talking about the acceleration due to gravity, which is already widely given that doesn't really apply. Also "derivative calculus" is not a verb.

Basically, as long as the centripetal force through the loop (which is defined by the weight, velocity of the train, and radius of loop) is greater than that of gravity, the person could not fall out. In addition, assuming they were wearing a restraint, its is nearly impossible for them to fall out.

However if it were the case that gravity was stronger and the person was able to fall out, the lateral force from the loop moving to one side, would likely be enough force to have the rider land on the track rather than between them.

Somewhere there is a thread describing loop physics...

Either way in short, no that did not happen.

I didn't ask if this actually occurred, I asked if anyone HAD heard this silly story.

^Ohh, not this argument again.

Please. I once heared that Face/Off DID have track after the lift, it was just invisible to add to the drama.

I've heard that too though. It must be true.

When Son of Beast was released news wise, my friend's brother was told by an associate that the park later had plans for a coaster that went from a wooden style to a corkscrew type coaster on the same track. Then the coaster had both corkscrews and loops.

It's not an issue of room. It's an issue of what Cedar Fair, and Paramount Parks before it, sees the train as for. The answer is readily available and fast transportation to and from the waterpark. The scenery in no way enhances that or contributes to that goal. Not to mention that nowadays there is a little matter of political correctness that the park would just as soon not address...wait a minute, it's Cedar Fair. The words Halloween Haunt and no limits come to mind. Whatever was I thinking?

:mellow: I take back my mis-guided and overly verbose "physics-y" loop thingy I wrote about the rumored Demon "accident". I was just in a goofy mood that day; trying to be funny. I didn't mean any harm. (Yep, I know 'derivative calculus' is not a verb (actually, it's an adjective and a noun ;) )). I was just trying to say that, if it had happened, the dude would've had to have worked at it. But, no, I never heard that rumor. -tb

:mellow: I take back my mis-guided and overly verbose "physics-y" loop thingy I wrote about the rumored Demon "accident". I was just in a goofy mood that day; trying to be funny. I didn't mean any harm. (Yep, I know 'derivative calculus' is not a verb (actually, it's an adjective and a noun ;) )). I was just trying to say that, if it had happened, the dude would've had to have worked at it. But, no, I never heard that rumor. -tb

I take it you have studied quite a bit of math and physics?

I liked your answer. It was funny.

I remember riding the SD and the over-the-shoulder bar did not completely lock. I thought I was going to fall out, but no I stayed put. I agree the guy/girl would have had to try and fall out.

Awww, I miss the ride.

I just asked that question b/c I thought it was such a dumb rumor. Thanks for answering!

P.S I like your name Thrill_Biscuit :)