Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

Ok, so my family was on a trip to Geauga Lake last year and we got into a conversation about our favorite rollercoasters. At the time we were all massive fans, except for the two late 60's early 70's people who now are in love with them....they rode Dominatior :). Anywho, a woman that was with us, who claims to be a HUGE fan of coasters looked me dead in the eye and said, "My favorite is Magnum Force at Kings Island." I just looked at her for like 10 seconds, nodded my head, and said "Yeah."

I was at CP about a month ago, and TTD was down early on in the morning.... Mid afternoon when my buddy and I did get in line, some woman was talking like she knew what she was talking about and said "this was closed this morning, because they had to replace the rubberbands they use to launch you, since they brake almost daily. And after a while, it opened but the only put people in the first 2 rows, so the rubberbands could warm up."

While it was true that early on cool mornings, they only run a few rows on TTD until it warms up, are guests really stupid enough they would use something as cost ineffective as RUBBERBANDS?! especially if they broke daily. And could rubberbands really launch something that big to that high of a speed?! Come on.

I just let it ride, and explained to my friend later how ridiculous her comment really was.

The most recent one I heard this year was "I won't ride that Drop thing. I'm afraid the hydralic lines that stop it might break and then it would go straight into the ground. That's how that girl down in Kentucky got killed last year."

The next exchange was my kids saying (in unison) "They're magn--" Only to be interrupted by me telling them to let it go, then to stop laughing, while trying very hard not to laugh myself........

this is gonna sound like a joke, but i heard from someone in line for sob that said

"You do know that Kings Island was origionaly a nuclear test site. and that there still doing some testing underground on the kids that stray around the park." she was talking to her friend, they were both in their 30's............ no joke.

its honestly concerning how stupid people are <_<

Which may be happening under the current ownership as well.

Nothing is forever.

Nothing.

Except eternity, but only by definition.

eternity... forever... Funniest rumor I've heard so far.

one of my friends thinks that millennium force is a hydraulically launched roller coaster. I tried to explain the lift, but it didn't work...

Another friend told me she loves mean streak to death because "it's so (censored)ing smooth."

yeah, I went to Cedar Point on tuesday.

Well, ever hear of the game telephone? Where one person repeats a story to another and the next to another, etc? So what was on the site of the current Kings Island? Kings Mills Ordnance Works. Make a wee bit of sense now?

My grandmother worked there. I always thought she had a glowing personality.

-Tb, purple monkey dishwasher

• Like 1

The most recent one I heard this year was "I won't ride that Drop thing. I'm afraid the hydralic lines that stop it might break and then it would go straight into the ground. That's how that girl down in Kentucky got killed last year."

The next exchange was my kids saying (in unison) "They're magn--" Only to be interrupted by me telling them to let it go, then to stop laughing, while trying very hard not to laugh myself........

Funny how stories morp into something completely different. I had heard stories for years about someone falling off of The Bat on the lift hill.

I heared:

Guy 1: I won't go on that ride.

Guy 2: Why won't you go on Vortex?

Guy 1: Because. The Screaming Demon once sat here, you know, the inverted one (Ha). Everyone fell out and died one day (shocker!). And those little concrete things (Pointing to The Bat Footings) are their Gravestones. And the Curse is, anyone who sits in this row (jesturing to the row they're in) will die.

Guy 2: Then how come I've never heared of it?

Guy 1: Cause People Die on it so often!

:lol:

• 1 month later...
i am not sure if this is a rumor but since i have never read anything about it i'm guessing that it is.

one day soon after ttd was opened they were running test runs over and over to see if it was running properly and it did and when they opened it up to the public that day the first train sent out got up to the top of the top hat and the train split and the first three cars made it over then the last two cars and the fake engine rolled backwards down the top hat :wacko:

i wuz in the parking lot and my friend's mom sed she definitely saw something fall off the Son of Beast and it was too big to be a hat. I also saw something fall

Funny how stories morp into something completely different. I had heard stories for years about someone falling off of The Bat on the lift hill.

my friend wont ride it becuz he seriously thinks the same thing will happen to hime as wut happened to that girl. Not kidding

One time I heard that SOBs loop was going on The Beast. :lol:

Last summer, I heard several kids insist that's where Firehawk's loop came from! :)

Firehawk wuz completely transferred from geuaga lake(former x-flight), and repainted

i am not sure if this is a rumor but since i have never read anything about it i'm guessing that it is.

one day soon after ttd was opened they were running test runs over and over to see if it was running properly and it did and when they opened it up to the public that day the first train sent out got up to the top of the top hat and the train split and the first three cars made it over then the last two cars and the fake engine rolled backwards down the top hat :wacko:

i wuz in the parking lot and my friend's mom sed she definitely saw something fall off the Son of Beast and it was too big to be a hat. I also saw something fall

The train split? That's hilarious!

I can almost guarantee whatever fell off of SOB was not a person, if that's what you are insinuating.

This past Sunday, I was putting my things in a locker to ride Firehawk, and these two guys at a locker near me were talking about Flight of Fear, and one of them said "Im not riding that. Its only 2 deaths away from being shut down." When the other guy asked what he meant, he said that "Once there are so many deaths on a ride, they have to shut the ride down. I think the limit is 7 or something" :huh:

Since riders get off the ride before the loading station that might have been the guy I told that all the riders fell off on the last ride when he asked where they all went. :D

But the rumor I heard was that the women who fell off the Flight Commander yelled, "Here goes nothing" when she fell.

But the rumor I heard was that the women who fell off the Flight Commander yelled, "Here goes nothing" when she fell.
:lol: Thats the funniest thing I have read all day ! Where did you hear that ?

I heard it while in line for the ride sometime in 1992 the year after she fell.

Best Rumor Ever

Mangnum XL is sinking in to Lake Erie. This rumor has been around for a very very long time. Almost since the ride was built.

At one point CP had an official answer to this question on their FAQ page, this was during the time Raptor and MF were built.