Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

I do think some people saying such things are just trying to scare the guests with them, and know very well that what they are saying is simply not true.

The funniest such instance I ever saw at Kings Island was the exact reverse, I am nearly certain. A young boy, perhaps 11, was telling his dad Son of Beast had a loop in it (this was five or six years ago). The father was about to spank him for lying when about six different guests all said to the father at the same time, "Hey, look over there!" Did his face ever turn red! And the boy was delighted. Seems father KNEW wooden coasters don't have loops!

LOL! I know you posted this months and months ago, but I was reading through the thread and this actually made me Laugh Out Loud >.<

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well one day i was riding The Vortex.....it wasnt sinking....and right when we were about to go around the second loop the man in the first car blcked out and dropped his phone. guess who caught it... :lol: yeah... after the ride he went into that little white car and they took him to the nurse or something.. HE DIDNT DIE!!! he just blacked out for like 5 minutes.. he was completley concious by the time the ride ended.

ANYWAY one rumor i heard was that a little kid brought a pocket full of change onto drop zone. the top he decided to drop pennies off it. the pennies fell and killed the operator, many workers and a couple people in the line. since the operator died they were stuck up there for and hour.

^^^^^^^that on is soooooo fake...

ps. i gave the phone back cuz it was some crappy phone from cincinnatti bell.

Guest TombraiderTy

^I heard practically the same thing from one of my friends. He was saying how they were removing Vortex and a bunch of rides to build it... jeez, am I the only person my age who actually reads the newspaper? Cause if he had, he would've known better... just saying...

Saturday I was in line for Drop Tower, and I heard this guy loudly telling people around him that one time it got stuck going halfway up.. yeah, I'm sure that happened. :rolleyes:

I also heard someone say that they were tearing down Magnum from CP and hauling it over to KI, and that would be KI's new coaster.

Saturday I was in line for Drop Tower, and I heard this guy loudly telling people around him that one time it got stuck going halfway up.. yeah, I'm sure that happened. :rolleyes:

ummm yea that did happen. i seen it myself. the pullys stop mid coares. but if it does happen its only for like a minute.its like when a coaster stops while going up the lift hill B)

the wires attached to the thingy stop in the middle of going up for like a minute. ots rare but i have seen it happen

I have been visiting the park for almost 13 years and have never once seen it happen, or been on it when it happened. This "thingy" you speak of is called the car. They are not wires, they are cables, and I just looked it up to see absolutely no citation of when this supposedly happened. I'm going to pass that off as yet another silly rumor.

You may want to consider switching to Firefox for your browser, they have a spell checker. I get very annoyed very quickly by people who are old enough to understand how to use a computer, yet they can't type to save their life.

the pullys stop mid coares.

Um.. what? :wacko:

the wires attached to the thingy stop in the middle of going up for like a minute. ots rare but i have seen it happen

O k,

No offense, but you are completely wrong. If that happened, then there would be a serious problem. The reason a train on a coaster stops while on the lift is do to blocking issues, like on FD.

I have been visiting the park for almost 13 years and have never once seen it happen, or been on it when it happened. This "thingy" you speak of is called the car. They are not wires, they are cables, and I just looked it up to see absolutely no citation of when this supposedly happened. I'm going to pass that off as yet another silly rumor.

You may want to consider switching to Firefox for your browser, they have a spell checker. I get very annoyed very quickly by people who are old enough to understand how to use a computer, yet they can't type to save their life.

haha. yea. well ive seen it stop and i have also seen it get stuck at the top.

^^The rumors of their season pass changes and reduction of free and discounted tickets were also NOT funny!!

However, their Maxx/Platinum Passes (in addition to D-back) have more than made up for their blunders!!

Oh yeah...Sunday, August 10, 2008 Drop Tower got stuck about 1/3'rd of the way up (with people on it) at about 5:00 pm and stayed like for 45 minutes during my entire Delirium queue, then they finally dropped them at that 1/3'rd height level and DT closed for about 2 hours, tested, then re-opened at about 8:30 pm when I left. I've actually seen DT get stuck almost every time I go to KI!

tigellinus, running for the door!! ^_^

haha. yea. well ive seen it stop and i have also seen it get stuck at the top.

Slaps Head

Was it longer then 30 seconds? Because it stays up there for a long time for a reason. Anticipation. Nothing More.

huh. ive seen it get stuck at the top. but the longest ive seen it was like 10 minutes.

I was walking out of the park around August of last year and got caught behind a group of about ten people. I recognized some faces, but I'm not sure if they were forum members here or members of ACE or whatever. Nonetheless, they started complaining about how KIC gets all of the attention and someone brought up that the reason why KIC gets to 'do whatever they want' is because Dane and I played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks when Helbig was their play by play guy.

False.

OMG you all did not play for the MIGHT DUCKS??? I am sooooo hurt!!!! I thought you were celebrities!!! I almost asked for your autographs!! he he I am so bad

I keep hearing rumors that they are going to take down Vortex because it is 20 years old and it is falling apart lol.

As for all of the people that have died at the park over the years - wow I would think that would have been splashed across all newspapers across the USA lol Funny I never read any of it???