Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

Guest TombraiderTy
the wires attached to the thingy stop in the middle of going up for like a minute. ots rare but i have seen it happen

I have been visiting the park for almost 13 years and have never once seen it happen, or been on it when it happened. This "thingy" you speak of is called the car. They are not wires, they are cables, and I just looked it up to see absolutely no citation of when this supposedly happened. I'm going to pass that off as yet another silly rumor.

Sorry, but it has happened and can happen. Don't be so sure of yourself :P

As for all of the people that have died at the park over the years - wow I would think that would have been splashed across all newspapers across the USA lol Funny I never read any of it???

At least five people have died at the park- a worker was mauled by a lion, John was crushed on the Eiffel Tower, two men were electrocuted in the pond beneath Viking Fury, and Candy Taylor fell to her death from Flight Commander. An employee was also once struck by lightning in the parking lot, but I don't know if he lived or died.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually one man did fall into the fountains and was electrocuted. An exposed electrical wire.

Where to start...sigh.

First of all, it was NOT the Royal Fountain...which has never had such an incident, but rather the pond over in Oktoberfest behind what is now Outer Hanks. Second, he didn't fall in, by all accounts, but was in fact intoxicated and apparently decided to go for a swim. His would be rescuer also died. And the electrocution was apparently caused by lack of a ground fault interruption system...which was immediately corrected...This all happened the same day that the woman fell from Flight Commander and died...she was also intoxicated, and apparently may have been watching the activity over in Oktoberfest...when she slipped from the restraints somehow and plunged to her death. That day has since been known as Black Sunday at Kings Island....

Actually one man did fall into the fountains and was electrocuted. An exposed electrical wire.

Where to start...sigh.

First of all, it was NOT the Royal Fountain...which has never had such an incident, but rather the pond over in Oktoberfest behind what is now Outer Hanks. Second, he didn't fall in, by all accounts, but was in fact intoxicated and apparently decided to go for a swim. His would be rescuer also died. And the electrocution was apparently caused by lack of a ground fault interruption system...which was immediately corrected...This all happened the same day that the woman fell from Flight Commander and died...she was also intoxicated, and apparently may have been watching the activity over in Oktoberfest...when she slipped from the restraints somehow and plunged to her death. That day has since been known as Black Sunday at Kings Island....

i guess they had free beer day or sumthin

:lol:

Guest TombraiderTy

Where to start...sigh.

Actually, Interp, there has been an incident in the Royal Fountains- On July 26, 1986, 26 year-old Mark Beckman dove into the Royal Fountain as a Moody Blues concert was concluding at Timberwolf. He dove from the Bandstand, a 13-foot drop, into the two feet of water. He spent seven days at Bethesda North Hospital before passing-away at 3:45 PM on August 2, 1986. Police believe he made the jump impulsively and was not attempting to kill himself.

Guest TombraiderTy

No one is aware of that incident, which I find interesting, just as nobody was aware of Karl Wallenda's walk in the 70's until his grandson recently walked a tightrope at Kings Island.

Anybody know that an employee has been struck by lightning in the parking-lot before?

Guest TombraiderTy

Other events most people wouldn't know about:

-U.S. Department of Agriculture investigated charges of abuse at Kings Island after an elephant died in 1989. The elephants were chained up, lacked excercise, and bathed with cold water in the winter.

-39-year-old Thomas Cahall of Covington, KY was killed in 1989 after being struck by lightning in the parking lot of Kings Island

-The Peanut Olympics, a competition between Jimmy Carter's brother and Yogi Bear that lasted two days at the park.

• 4 weeks later...
Other events most people wouldn't know about:

-U.S. Department of Agriculture investigated charges of abuse at Kings Island after an elephant died in 1989. The elephants were chained up, lacked excercise, and bathed with cold water in the winter.

-39-year-old Thomas Cahall of Covington, KY was killed in 1989 after being struck by lightning in the parking lot of Kings Island

-The Peanut Olympics, a competition between Jimmy Carter's brother and Yogi Bear that lasted two days at the park.

i actually had heard of the peanut olympics one, but not the other two.

• 1 month later...
More rumors:

"The train used to feature audioanimatronic characters playing pioneers and Native Americans." (False: They were real people.)

1992_traintheme7.jpg

Those are not real people there. Yes, the train ride featured real people at its opening. But at a later date, they had these figures. Rather they used compressed air or anything else to move I'm not sure of, but this is what people mean when they speak of these audioanimatronics.

And just a thought, Kings Island gave many of its park pieces to Jungle Jims- could the robinhood crew have had a former life on the Kings Island and Miami Vally Railroad?

I am just wondering what that building in the background is used for.