Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

What is up with The Vortex sinking rumor? My brother heard that when he rode it last summer with a lady she said that it was sinking and that they were tearing it down at the end of the season. (never happened)

I know when I was at the park in 2008 the line for Vortex was very long both times and on the second time someone from my group asked someone ahead of us why the line was so long and they said it was because they were tearing it down. :) PS I know i am replying to an old post.

Someone last year tried to tell me that 2011 was Vortex's last year. And when I kindly informed them that they had heard from an unreliable source and that it simply is not the case, they proceeded to yell at me that I'm wrong. I was never aware it was a touchy subject :/

But I guess by one definition, 2011 was its last year, while 2012 is its current year :P

• Like 2

This is so funny the lift hill over there for the Adventure Express, wow what a ride that would be , the only looping coaster mixed with a metal coaster, oh my!

A. Son of Beast doesn't loop. It also currently doesn't coast, but that's another story.

B. Even if it did, meet Vortex (and many others).

C. Even if it looped (and it did), and you meant wood, many say many wood coasters aren't anymore, with the various repairs/maintenance strategies now being used.

This kid in my Psychology class tried to tell me how people die on roller coasters every day. I told him you are much more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the park, than you would inside the park.

I would ask him what is his source for that rumor, then invite the person to come with me to ride roller coasters at Kings Island.

When a person mentions that The Vortex is sinking, I would say that is just not true, when in fact the land The Vortex rests on has been rising ever since it was constructed back in 1970! But there will be people that would believe that and to them I would say, "Here's your sign!"

• Like 3

Just talking to a friend about KI this summer:

"I'm not riding Vortex. It's sinking into the ground again."

Also:

"I'm not riding Diamondback. That thing shakes me so much."

Diamondback shaky? I find that hard to believe. Now if we were talking about Son of Beast...

While in line for Adventure Express:

"That hill(SoB lift hill) over there is the second half of this ride."

Years and years ago, I told my Aunt this while riding AE. Our group had split up for a bit, we went to ride Racer and AE, while rest went to ride Sonny. She hated Racer, but liked Big Thunder Mountain down at Disney, so I figured AE would be a good choice (which she did like). We're on the lift hill, and I pointed over to Sonny and told her that was rest of the ride. That look on her face was priceless :P

I posted this in the "Guests say the darnedest things" thread last year, but in the queue for DB some kid reported a squirrel rode DB. The story went that the squirrel jumped on someones back on the lift hill, rode on their shoulder the whole ride, and then jumped into the pond during the splashdown and the squirrel was fine. Every adult was just laughing at that story. I even asked the kid to repeat it again to make sure I heard the story correctly. What an imagination!

• Like 2

When a guests was to say that Vortex is sinking, I would say that just is not true. It is a known fact I would tell them that The Bat, which used to be in this very same location grew out of that land and it kept on growing. As a matter of fact, I would say, it grew and The Vortex popped out and displaced The Bat. It is growing so much, I would say, that it is only a matter of time before another ride pops out and displaces The Vortex. Rides are not built, I would say, but in fact, are grown in the ground until the day they pop out, just like plants. This is a proven fact.

Oh, what date is it today?

I had heard a rumor from someone at my work that Kings Island was going to be tearing down Diamondback and replacing it with a kids coaster. I just laughed at them.

Where did they get that idea? That doesn't even come close to making any sense!

Not a rumor but a funny thing happened to my son and I on TTD last year. We were in the front seat late at closing with a men and his son in the second row, the train locked into the catch car and while my son and I put our hands up waiting for the green lights the spiel started, Hands Down, Hands Down, Hands Down, the boy behind us says sir their talking to you, just as the train launched. I just LMAO at the boy because he was not ready or prepared for the launch and it surprised the crap out of him.