Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

Someone said they are tearing down Vortex for 2012, and probably FOF, to get something new. I also heard somebody fell out of Drop Tower and somebody died on SOB.

This one is correct, and is why they took out the loop.

Someone said they are tearing down Vortex for 2012, and probably FOF, to get something new. I also heard somebody fell out of Drop Tower

and somebody died on SOB.

This one is correct, and is why they took out the loop.

No one has died on Son of Beast. The loop was removed to reduce wear and tear on the structure.

• Like 1

This isn't a rumor, but I hate these liars at Kings Island I overhear.

Things like, "Oh, dude! (pointing at a ride) I rode that when I was (age)." Even though it wasn't even open then. Happens all the time when I'm at the park...

Things like, "Oh, dude! (pointing at a ride) I rode that when I was (age)." Even though it wasn't even open then. Happens all the time when I'm at the park...

Wait, how can you know how old THEY are, one person could be 32 and look 27, don't ever make the mistake of asking....

Someone told me that they were running The Beast with reversed trains. I first thought, that might be fun, but then my brain kicked in and I thought, That might be a little rough. Not knowing whats coming up next.

Funny rumor though?

just like riding Adventure Express in the dark, ouch

Wait, how can you know how old THEY are, one person could be 32 and look 27, don't ever make the mistake of asking....

Late reply...I'm pretty much referring to teenagers my age.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but one crazy rumor that got around about 9 or 10 years ago was that King Cobra was removed because the park could no longer order parts from Togo. Several wondered why this rumor kept going around and it turns out that the park orientation instructors were the source.

• 3 weeks later...

Racer being torn down. That's what one of my friends said about Racer is going to get torn down. I don't think they will because of various reasons. It was one of the first rides in the park. It was the first twin coaster. The length of it is about the length of the front gate to Vortex so Kings Island would have to make a coaster that would fit tightly in the space racer now sits. plus it divides some sections of the park and it would just look tacky without it.

It would certainly be possible to quantify "death's per day on roller coasters" just as we quantify "member posts per day" on a forum. The result however would not even be close to being an integer.

I looked it up an it said approximately 12 people die a year from coasters, (this includes not following safety rules, or deaths due to the ride even if they die some time after the ride.)

So that would equal .033 (repeating) deaths a day by rollercoasters. Doesnt seem too likely...