Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

I heard someone make a claim the president of a local company gave them inside/ sensitive information minutes after their first ever meeting.

This information came just days after a local media source had an actual quote from a high ranking park official that: "no decision has been made."

EDIT: This has made Screamscape, only reinforcing that the claim is crap.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i heard about The Vortex sinking rumor.

someone also said that WindSeeker was stuck at about 200 feet up for two hours.

also heard people died on Son of Beast when the loop was still there.

OH the other day someone at the park told me that they were putting a coaster bigger than Kingda Ka in place of SOB.

that will seriously never happen.

it would be hella' expensive.

WindSeeker was stuck at the top earlier this week...

It was. Monday afternoon, shortly before 3pm. I was standing by Vortex's exit waiting on my husband and kids. They loaded WindSeeker, it went up, the music stopped and a ride op got on the loudspeaker and said "We are experiencing technical difficulties." etc. I looked up, and it was stopped at the top. It was about 30 minutes before they slowly descended to the ground.

That happened at CP too,

"(6/4/12) On Saturday morning the riders on WindSeeker at The Point got a little more of a ride than they were expecting shortly after 9am when the ride came to a stop while only about half-way down the tower. The riders were then stuck on the ride for about 2 hours until they could lower it back to the ground. "

I know, I know Screamscape....

But this is true.....

And this, like the recent incident on Stinger, will most likely be seen by the GP as "This ride is unsafe!" when in reality, it's an instance of, "The ride computer detected a malfunction, and activated the proper safety features until a repair could be made to ensure that no guest would be harmed."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

"A Hypercoaster1 designed and sold by Bolliger & Mabillard that does not feature a trim brake2".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Hypercoaster: Complete-circuit roller coaster at least 200 feet tall and less than 300 feet tall that lacks inverting elements.

2Trim brake: a brake usually found in the middle of a ride designed to "trim" speed in order to save money on maintenance.

(I had a little fun with it, :P)