Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

• 2 weeks later...
once i heard that Cedar Point would be underwater by 2015 because of "global warming"

I have heard that before. I don't remember a date but it will slowly start to disappear underwater. CF bought KI because CP will go under water one day...... I have also heard The Vortex is going to have parts of it takin out like the SOB because it is so rough. Its wonderful what you hear standing in line. gee..... :blink:

Actually one man did fall into the fountains and was electrocuted. An exposed electrical wire.

Where to start...sigh.

First of all, it was NOT the Royal Fountain...which has never had such an incident, but rather the pond over in Oktoberfest behind what is now Outer Hanks. Second, he didn't fall in, by all accounts, but was in fact intoxicated and apparently decided to go for a swim. His would be rescuer also died. And the electrocution was apparently caused by lack of a ground fault interruption system...which was immediately corrected...This all happened the same day that the woman fell from Flight Commander and died...she was also intoxicated, and apparently may have been watching the activity over in Oktoberfest...when she slipped from the restraints somehow and plunged to her death. That day has since been known as Black Sunday at Kings Island....

When was this Sunday? I remember the woman that fell from Flight Commander but never the men in the pod. I never knew so many died at KI..... eek! :blink:

Actually one man did fall into the fountains and was electrocuted. An exposed electrical wire.

Where to start...sigh.

First of all, it was NOT the Royal Fountain...which has never had such an incident, but rather the pond over in Oktoberfest behind what is now Outer Hanks. Second, he didn't fall in, by all accounts, but was in fact intoxicated and apparently decided to go for a swim. His would be rescuer also died. And the electrocution was apparently caused by lack of a ground fault interruption system...which was immediately corrected...This all happened the same day that the woman fell from Flight Commander and died...she was also intoxicated, and apparently may have been watching the activity over in Oktoberfest...when she slipped from the restraints somehow and plunged to her death. That day has since been known as Black Sunday at Kings Island....

When was this Sunday? I remember the woman that fell from Flight Commander but never the men in the pod. I never knew so many died at KI..... eek! :blink:

Ummm actually you are all wrong. Here's what it says on the KICentral Timeline.

1991 – Adventure Express (Arrow mine train coaster) is added in the area vacated by Flying Dutchman.

June 9 - Two men were killed after having been electrocuted in a pond at Kings Island amusement park in Kings Island, Ohio. They were trying to rescue another man who was in the pond whos hat had blown into the pond. He also suffered electrical shock. The electrocutions were later found out to be caused by a underwater circulation pump. Also later on the same day, a very drunk woman fell out of her seat Flight Commander. This day is known as Black Sunday.

Guest rcfreak339
once i heard that Cedar Point would be underwater by 2015 because of "global warming"

I would believe it, if CP was on the Ocean but it's on a lake! LOL!

I know that this has been said before, I believe in this topic, but I just got into an argument with my dad about The Bat killing someone.

I remember hearing them talk about this when I was a kid and it freaked me out. He still tells me to this day that the car flew out too far and hit a support. I just let him know that he is full of it. :P

Cedar Fair is into rides, not attractions/theming. See, for example, Maverick, Diamondback, Disaster Transport, what happened with the dragster wheels on TTD, Steel Force, Mamba, and on and on and on...the theme park company has left the park, and many think that is a very good thing. For one thing, the theme park company wasn't about to build Diamondback at any time in the foreseeable future, especially not in this economy.

I heard that someone flew out of the car on Crypt and got impaled on the scenery.

Yeah!! Why do you think they changed the name from TR:TR to Crypt?! Ummm...to make people forget about that nun who got impaled!! Nevermind her claiming "the cloth" was all the restraint she needed to ride...as for the ride op who allowed her to ride unrestrained?? Talk about the fastest way to go from the luxury of ride op'ing straight to the Dippin' Dots stand!! I mean, no Passing Go, no Collecting $200!!

Cedar Fair is into rides, not attractions/theming. See, for example, Maverick, Diamondback, Disaster Transport, what happened with the dragster wheels on TTD, Steel Force, Mamba, and on and on and on...the theme park company has left the park, and many think that is a very good thing. For one thing, the theme park company wasn't about to build Diamondback at any time in the foreseeable future, especially not in this economy.

Well for TTD didn't a set of wheels on one of the trains go flying off so they took off a whole car on all of the trains?

That's the only one I can find an excuse for.

DB is sinking

please dont tell me you heard that in another topic on this forum lol....there is a reason why

no i felt like being silly ... however ... do share why you hope i didnt hear that ...