Whats the funniest rumor youv'e ever heard?

DropZone99

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was in line for Wave Swinger at Cedar Point last season. I am not sure who else noticed this, but there is a point, while waiting in that line, that if you look at Maverick, it looks as if the train goes down the hill and vanishes because of the position of the tunnel hiding the bottom of the drop. And the point where the track comes out of the tunnel is positioned so that if you are standing in the Wave Swinger line, it looks like the first drop is connected to the track coming out of the tunnel, which it's not. [hard to explain if you haven't been in the Wave Swinger line; hopefully I didn't completely lose anybody!] (It really is a great optical illusion, you should check it out next time you are there, it looks like the train literally vanishes!)

So anyway, a man behind us was watching the train go down the hill, and it "disappeared", and he exclaimed, "The Maverick train just fell off the track!" He was really concerned and shocked. [Coincidently, the ride must have broken down right after that and no trains were sent out for awhile.] About a minute later after not seeing the train go by, he said "Oh man, it never came back! It must be in the water." (by this time, I was cracking up hearing this) then he turned to his son and said, "We aren't going on Maverick today, it's not safe!"

It was hilarious!

I was in line for Wave Swinger at Cedar Point last season. I am not sure who else noticed this, but there is a point, while waiting in that line, that if you look at Maverick, it looks as if the train goes down the hill and vanishes because of the position of the tunnel hiding the bottom of the drop. And the point where the track comes out of the tunnel is positioned so that if you are standing in the Wave Swinger line, it looks like the first drop is connected to the track coming out of the tunnel, which it's not. [hard to explain if you haven't been in the Wave Swinger line; hopefully I didn't completely lose anybody!] (It really is a great optical illusion, you should check it out next time you are there, it looks like the train literally vanishes!)

So anyway, a man behind us was watching the train go down the hill, and it "disappeared", and he exclaimed, "The Maverick train just fell off the track!" He was really concerned and shocked. [Coincidently, the ride must have broken down right after that and no trains were sent out for awhile.] About a minute later after not seeing the train go by, he said "Oh man, it never came back! It must be in the water." (by this time, I was cracking up hearing this) then he turned to his son and said, "We aren't going on Maverick today, it's not safe!"

It was hilarious!

Yes, that was hilarious! I think he even tried telling people who came in line after him about what happened! We didn't have the heart to tell him about the "optical illusion" so we just let it play out!

I know I'm not the first to mention this, but a funny rumor nowadays is that The Crypt is a thrill ride! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

In the 90's someone at KI told me Skylab was removed from the park because it came off it's axis and rolled through Oktoberfest and hit the Eiffel Tower.

This could have been true, but most likely not. I heard this a few years before internet was invented.

It was hilarious!

I've seen that illusion! Man, that must've been funny. :lol:

Yes, that was hilarious! I think he even tried telling people who came in line after him about what happened! We didn't have the heart to tell him about the "optical illusion" so we just let it play out!

I know I'm not the first to mention this, but a funny rumor nowadays is that The Crypt is a thrill ride! laugh.gif

In the 90's someone at KI told me Skylab was removed from the park because it came off it's axis and rolled through Oktoberfest and hit the Eiffel Tower.

This could have been true, but most likely not. I heard this a few years before internet was invented.

It most certainly is not true. Its removal was planned while it was still operating...

I have feeling some of these rumors are being made up before they are posted..... for skylab to "fall off its axis, roll through oktoberfest, then hit the Eiffel Tower" would take a lot of coincidences and speed. Not to mention the major collateral damage caused by a ride "rolling" through the park to reach its destination. Not to mention that if anything as big as skylab would hit the tower it would cause significant strucutral damage to the tower..... and lastly isnt the Eiffel Tower located up hill from october fest? I mean this in the nicest way but where in the world do rumors like this (and the disrespectful paramount conspiracy theory) come from?

I once heard that a big tire came off of Top Thrill Dragster and rolled down the midway at Cedar Point!!!

Oh wait, NO, that was not a rumor? haha

I dislike having nothing of real value to add to a thread with a ridiculously low amusement value that I still feel the need to look at after every new post ;)

Kings Island - Coney Mall - Flying Eagles

These I never tried but just by watching people and hearing what people said after riding, they were very difficult to control and not much fun. It looks like other parks that have this ride have a better design for flight, being smaller, longer, and lighter. The design in this picture shows the wing design isn't long enough and the cart overall looks too heavy.

Rumor: Because Indiana Jones music was played while waiting for the ride, many thought Paramount was trying to sue or blackmail for ownership of the park.

Rumor: At the time most suspected Paramount rigged the park that day, cause deaths don't normally happen in the park and what are the odds that two separate incidents involving accidental deaths would happen on the same day at about the same time? Then immediately after it all happened the deal was made and Paramount took over.

I don't think I even need to comment. 'Nuff said...

Kings Island - Coney Mall - Flying Eagles

These I never tried but just by watching people and hearing what people said after riding, they were very difficult to control and not much fun. It looks like other parks that have this ride have a better design for flight, being smaller, longer, and lighter. The design in this picture shows the wing design isn't long enough and the cart overall looks too heavy.

Rumor: Because Indiana Jones music was played while waiting for the ride, many thought Paramount was trying to sue or blackmail for ownership of the park.

Rumor: At the time most suspected Paramount rigged the park that day, cause deaths don't normally happen in the park and what are the odds that two separate incidents involving accidental deaths would happen on the same day at about the same time? Then immediately after it all happened the deal was made and Paramount took over.

I don't think I even need to comment. 'Nuff said...

laugh.gif

Today at school I was talking to someone about Kings Island and I asked him what is your favorite ride and he said...Vortex but its too bad there taking out. I looked at him like he was a idiot then he said you didn't hear? Someone fell out and got hurt because the of the ride sinking. All i did was say that rumor is only about ten years old and walked away.  :lol:

QUOTE (NatiReds084 @ Feb 21 2008, 08:17 PM) 70,000 foot hyper coaster that shoots off at 500,000 mph complete with 856 loops, 937 corkscrews and 3,000 double helixes.

I'm sure the person who told you that was exaggerating a little bit...

No i think they must of seen my new coaster i built on roller coaster tycoon 3.I just love that game.

What's the crazyest ride anyone has ever built on that game?

"You know, Diamondback was originally supposed to be a 500 foot vertical drop coaster with 20 hills and almost 200mph!" - some random person.

If it was that big, I would be able to see it from my house (15 miles away).... LOL