"Confirmed" Information vs. Speculation

^The rumor section will stay open. Just admit you're starting or spreading a rumor and not saying it's confirmed.

Exactly... That should be understood by everyone on KIC. I never believed anything until "someone in the know" (Dane, Ryan, etc...) posted it or it was directly on the front page of KIC. I know I'm newer here but I still know who the "ones with info" are....

I was thinking the same thing, this whole thing sounds silly. This is an UN-OFFICIAL KI Website, if you believe everything you read on the internet (unless it's from an "official" website) you have something wrong with you.

I'm telling you... I miss the days of KIC just being for fun more and more at times like this... it was a simpler time... it was a better time...

:P

I also will miss the days of PKIC being more fun at times you think with this

THIS WEBSITES DISCLAIMER : "Materials Submitted by Other Users. We cannot and do not review every posting made in our chat rooms, forums, and other areas available for public postings. You may well read any given posting before anyone on our staff does. Take what you find with a grain of salt. You can expect these areas to include information and opinions from a variety of individuals and organizations other than us. We do not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of any posting, regardless of whether the posting comes from a user, from a celebrity or "expert" guest, or from a member of our staff. There is no substitute for healthy skepticism and your own good judgment"

We could still do that alittle.

^The rumor section will stay open. Just admit you're starting or spreading a rumor and not saying it's confirmed.

Exactly... That should be understood by everyone on KIC. I never believed anything until "someone in the know" (Dane, Ryan, etc...) posted it or it was directly on the front page of KIC. I know I'm newer here but I still know who the "ones with info" are....

That's the sad part -- we're not "in the know" and certainly can't be confused as being park or CF spokespeople. When someone asks a question, I have the resources the get the answer for them. I take that as part of my responsibility on this site. Any of the front page info is all from press releases, I don't make that stuff up either. :rolleyes:

So if I'm a stock holder and I get info on whats going into next years parks I have to say it's me and the coaster is going to so and so park? Get really, I have so many contacts and some that don't want there name spread around. I use to know the 10 years plan for SF, and CF. I also have many ride contacts that give me info, but I do keep some of that info under raps due to some people I do talk to.

Question:

Lets say I have a grudge out for Ride Op John Doe. Can't I just come on here and say "I have confirmed information from John Doe at The Racer that we are getting a 900 foot tall Intamin," even though I never heard that specifically from John Doe?" And if the info happens to be correct, how is John Doe protected even though he never said anything to begin with?

Good point. John Doe might not even know that information - so what is protecting him from someone saying they heard classified information from them. Most likely John Doe would be fired for releasing information, and that would be that. I don't think the park cares enough about any particular seasonal associate to really look into whether or not the associate could know or would divulge the information.

So does this mean I shouldnt post rumors from the Dippin Dots Guy anymore? Afterall there is no more credible source than him.

Hmm what happend to this site and the good ol days? I guess with time all things change, but we use to have some great forums with a much smaller community that was very knowledgeable, and there werent 90 confirmed topics about the park with rampant speculation. Glad that most of us are still around, but I dont think some of us make our presence like we use to, myself especially.

Im gonna close my eyes and concentrate real hard, maybe the old site will come back and we can play PKIC Survivor again...

Nope... Still here, guess I gotta deal with it...

It is confirmed, I like a healthy dose of Sarcasim... Confirmed by RailRider 1/30/08 Just trying it out...

Wow, I'm away from the forums for a week and all this happens!

I just have to say, it's about time! I can't count the number of times since I've joined where I read someone's post claiming to have confirmed information, and they are almost always the same offenders (and yes, certain names do come to mind immediately). Put your money where your mouth is and back those claims up.

As a long time former associate of KI/PKI, I know a lot of things from my personal experiences and from contacts that I still have at the park which I will NEVER post, even as a rumor. I respect my friends too much to expose them to any risk. And I know I'm not the only one in that boat. Someone said it well in a post in another thread awhile back, something like "Those who know, don't tell". I couldn't agree with this more.

So if I'm a stock holder and I get info on whats going into next years parks I have to say it's me and the coaster is going to so and so park? Get really, I have so many contacts and some that don't want there name spread around. I use to know the 10 years plan for SF, and CF. I also have many ride contacts that give me info, but I do keep some of that info under raps due to some people I do talk to.

If you are a unitholder (Cedar Fair, being a limited partnership, does not have stock as such), you should not have any information that has not been publicly disclosed in accordance with the Securities Acts and the Security and Exchange Commission's (SEC's) regulations. Unless, that is, you are an insider, as that term is defined by law and regulation. Then you can't do insider trading based on that information, nor can you selectively disclose material information except in accordance with law and regulation (uniform, simultaneous release to all, in fairness).

Listen to the disclaimer before every conference call. There are VERY strict disclosure requirements. ANYONE can get the same information that is available to ANY unitholder, other than insiders.

Hooray for KIC staff! I think it is very noble and a little forward thinking to require "confirmed" source names. Your close work with the park and it's owners can do nothing more than strengthen the ability to receive, shall we say, "pre-release - sneak preview info" of future park happenings. 3 Cheers for KIC.

Keep up the excellent work!!!

Hooray for KIC staff! I think it is very noble and a little forward thinking to require "confirmed" source names. Your close work with the park and it's owners can do nothing more than strengthen the ability to receive, shall we say, "pre-release - sneak preview info" of future park happenings. 3 Cheers for KIC.

Keep up the excellent work!!!

Well or that park will keep us in the dark about anything like they are doing now. I know why this was done just a shame it had to be done.

you can still post it...just not as "confirmed"...you ahve to post it as a RUMOR..its not a big deal....

Cause ya know Racer is being replaced with villain.

Only if the villan goes backwards

There wont be no backwards racer in 2008

If there won't be no backwards racer in 2008, then you're saying there will be.

It's like I overheard a parent telling their child at the airport ,"We ain't going nowhere." So, I understood, you ARE going somewhere because you can't go nowhere.

First off I got to give my respect to the KIC team! This site is my first stop before I go to Kings Island.You guys really got your ball rolling and I'm very pleased to hear that the media even views this site which is just awsome and I understand the rules and why you want us to put a source with on so-called info.

-I'm proud to be member

• 3 weeks later...
So what are you saying? Walmart aint coming to KI?

Course not! WalMarts goin' to China, TARGET's taken' over, dude.

-source: My friend's sister's B.F.F.'s boyfriend's best pal's home dawg's cousin's sister's brother's coworker's boss's nephew's best friend's father

Who is very high up (head of all Dipin' Dots!)!