Kings Island to Have New Ride Names & New Parking Lot Sign for the 2008 Season, Kings Island Wants YOU for Their 2008 Entertainment Lineup & More

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they are still brushing up the names. Check out the description:

At 315 feet tall, Drop Tower is the world’s tallest gyro drop. DROP ZONE spins riders on a 30-foot ring of 40 seats that encircles the Drop Tower to a height of more than 26 stories, and then drops guests in a 67 mph free-fall.

Kinda funny. :rolleyes:

What kind of job you thinking about getting this summer Scooby? I don't know if they can do a scooby show, or if they'd have to get certain rights. They have an agreement through Sally dark rides to use Scooby on the haunted castle ride, but I bet they'd need some separate agreement to do a show of some sort.

Glad to see you back posting Scooby!

What about Scoob's rights? He may be a mutt but doesn't he have the right to appear in what ever theme park he wants to? Doesn't he have the right to choose to not be limited by petty corporate agreements? Doesn't he have the right to a Scooby Snack? Now I'm hungry...

I'd even settle for "Tomcat" (the F-14's official name) over "Flight Deck". "Drop Tower" sounds like an unlabeled RCT attraction (a similar observation is made by other posters). I just can't wait to walk up Footpath1 and take a nice picture of Lattice Tower1, provided Mechanic13 doesn't walk in front of my camera. ;)

Drop Tower is one of the worst names out there. That would be like renaming The Beast to Wooden Roller Coaster.

I would say that they could rename The Beast to The Woodie and Son of Beast to Son of Woodie.

....but that sounds wrong on so many accounts, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

I don't know if they can do a scooby show, or if they'd have to get certain rights. They have an agreement through Sally dark rides to use Scooby on the haunted castle ride, but I bet they'd need some separate agreement to do a show of some sort.

But Scooby and Yogi were both in Endless Summer on Ice this past year...

And I love the RCT comments Thrill Biscuit!

Yeah I think they could of done a better job with some of the new names. "flight deck" seems so stupid. LOL they could retheme it and call it "The Bat". but that would be too much work. They could still do a better job that that.

Problem is with TR:TR and Italian job is both of those rides were made with the movies in mind, so it makes me wonder how they are going to re-theme them. I still wonder why Face off and Drop Zone got re-named. They had no movie theming nor did they share the same logos with the movies, and their names made sense! And as for Drop Zone, does anyone really remember a crappy movie about Wesley snipes and parachutes?

Drop Tower is kind of generic but Flight Deck is the worst name by far. Why not just remove the whole "jet simulation" theme alltogether? They could just call it "iron dragon" or something, after all it was built by the same company, near the same layout

I love that logo, I would be very happy, if that was to be Flight Decks logo!

That does look like a cool logo, but i don't think the colors match. (unless....) :rolleyes:

Nice Logo- But awful name for a coaster

Flight Deck is a halfway decent name for a ride,

As Stated somewhere in these forums,

"Most people don't even call them by their names." (or something along those lines.)

That does look like a cool logo, but i don't think the colors match. (unless....) :rolleyes:

"Most people don't even call them by their names." (or something along those lines.)

You're kidding right? Flight Deck is a pretty bad name for the ride experience itself. Maybe the station... but not the ride itself.

You're kidding right? Flight Deck is a pretty bad name for the ride experience itself. Maybe the station... but not the ride itself.

No, considering that most people don't care for the name,..

That's what I've been saying!

I was with this one girl who never rode a looper before, and she pointed at The Vortex and said,

"Hey, you want to ride the loopy one?"

later, she said,

"You want to go one the yellow one next?"

I asked if she was talking about Face/Off, and she said,

"What's Face/Off?"