Kings Island to Have New Ride Names & New Parking Lot Sign for the 2008 Season, Kings Island Wants YOU for Their 2008 Entertainment Lineup & More

I love that logo, I would be very happy, if that was to be Flight Decks logo!

That does look like a cool logo, but i don't think the colors match. (unless....) :rolleyes:

Nice Logo- But awful name for a coaster

Flight Deck is a halfway decent name for a ride,

As Stated somewhere in these forums,

"Most people don't even call them by their names." (or something along those lines.)

You're kidding right? Flight Deck is a pretty bad name for the ride experience itself. Maybe the station... but not the ride itself.

No, considering that most people don't care for the name,..

Just because they don't care about the name doesn't make it a good name...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't expect the logos to appear on the website anytime soon, you'll probably have to wait to see them at the park this spring. I could be wrong but from how thorough they've been in removing the old names I wouldn't expect much change. (The description under thrill rides still refers to Drop Tower as Drop Zone, as does the second mention of the rides name in the description. To see the rest of the old names, one must only go to the photos section in the media center :rolleyes: )

Any of the names of the coaster can instantly be more fan friendly if a good logo is developed for the ride. Ive seen many names that I have thought were far from a good one, however with some great logo work by a graphic designer .. aka like me ;) haha .. they have turned out to be not so bad

• 2 weeks later...
I really would not hold your breath for a good logo.

Not only is CF (and others) notorious for reusing ride names, but logos as well.

A good example of this would be; at Worlds of Fun they have a ride called Detonator (Power Tower) but with Mean Streak's logo.

http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/inside_p...s/detonator.cfm

wow they're cheap

A Majority of the Kings Island guests have no clue there is any other real park besides

KI, CP, Disneyland, and Six Flags (no, they are not aware that there are 11 of them.)

Better yet, they are not aware of the rides located there.

I was looking at the Top Thrill Dragster durring class and a kid walked up and said:

"Its the Big Yellow One! I Rode That!"

They would never be aware that CF reused a logo.

A Majority of the Kings Island guests have no clue there is any other real park besides

KI, CP, Disneyland, and Six Flags (no, they are not aware that there are 11 of them.)

Really, have you asked all of them? There are other parks located all around the country and world, not just everyone going to KI is from the immediate area or has lived there all their lives, people are aware that there are other parks, to say that the majority is not is a pretty bold and broad statement but then again I can't really say the majority is because that information is some what impossible to know. Regardless, your statement seems to be quite a large assumption.

Not only is CF (and others) notorious for reusing ride names, but logos as well.

A good example of this would be; at Worlds of Fun they have a ride called Detonator (Power Tower) but with Mean Streak's logo.

wow they're cheap

Parks are cheap because they reuse the same logos?

Are ya kidding me?

I would rather see any corporation use the same exact logo on their product, and spend their money on different things, or make things cheaper for me.

Do you actually think that GE, one of the largest corporations in the World, has a different logo for all of their different products? Absolutely not. You see the same GE logo on a light bulb or a locomotive.

• 2 weeks later...

wow they're cheap

Parks are cheap because they reuse the same logos?

Are ya kidding me?

I would rather see any corporation use the same exact logo on their product, and spend their money on different things, or make things cheaper for me.

Do you actually think that GE, one of the largest corporations in the World, has a different logo for all of their different products? Absolutely not. You see the same GE logo on a light bulb or a locomotive.

i don't know why but to me a roller coasters logo is part of it's identity. And reusing it takes away the fact that it is one of a kind.

i don't know why but to me a roller coasters logo is part of it's identity. And reusing it takes away the fact that it is one of a kind.

There are many coasters that have been duplicated not only with their logos, but in design as well as name.

Absolutely nothing unusual there.

Image does mean a lot to the ride... some people will walk up to the logo or entrance design and decide do I want to ride this .. does it look thrilling and does it draw me into wanting to know what the ride is. Its similar to the cover of a book, the book cover means everything for a book until the book has gotten an award. The design on the book must draw the reader to the book and decide if they want to read it or not. They say a reader figures out if he or she wants to read the book by the design in 6 seconds if my information on that is right .. feel free to correct me terpy lol you always do haha :)

Image does mean a lot to the ride... some people will walk up to the logo or entrance design and decide do I want to ride this .. does it look thrilling and does it draw me into wanting to know what the ride is. Its similar to the cover of a book, the book cover means everything for a book until the book has gotten an award.

Similar to the cover of a book?

You can't see what is in a book, but you can certainly see past the entrance sign to a ride and see what kind of ride it is or what kind of ride it is like.

Talk about splitting hairs.

Should have I put it this way to suit your needs-

The percentage of being able to determine what a ride is by looking at it from the midway entrance is much higher than being able to determine what is inside a book from it's cover.

Or to put it another way:

You can't judge a book from it's cover.

There are many coasters that have been duplicated not only with their logos, but in design as well as name.

Absolutely nothing unusual there.

but those rides aren't one of a kind so it really it doesn't follow what i think

and lets face it, it would look weird to see top thrills logo on a wooden coaster

You can't judge a book from it's cover.

Which is funny because many books now have a discussion of the book's topic on the back or the inside of the cover, so that one can judge by the cover! lol

I always read the back of a book before I buy it...I am an educated consumer! Why am I reminded of Sesame Street?

but those rides aren't one of a kind so it really it doesn't follow what i think

and lets face it, it would look weird to see top thrills logo on a wooden coaster

Sure, some logos would look out of place on some rides.

But the logo that is on both Detonator and Mean Streak fits both rides.

It actually is very similar to a book browntggrr ... many people that are not die hard readers but like to read occasionally will look at a cover to see if they want to be drawn into the book itself more and see what its all really about.. its the same way with a ride .. yes many rides u can see from a distance but there are some that u cant see .. or it takes a long walk to see them .. example white water canyon

Image does mean a lot to the ride... some people will walk up to the logo or entrance design and decide do I want to ride this .. does it look thrilling and does it draw me into wanting to know what the ride is. Its similar to the cover of a book, the book cover means everything for a book until the book has gotten an award. The design on the book must draw the reader to the book and decide if they want to read it or not. They say a reader figures out if he or she wants to read the book by the design in 6 seconds if my information on that is right .. feel free to correct me terpy lol you always do haha :)

Nah, I dated this girl once she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She put profesional models to shame but was the uglist on the inside I have ever seen so judging a book by its cover is not so politicaly correct in any means.