Fantastic 1981 Bat video!

Browntggrr

Man that looks like the good ole days of Kings Island back in the 80's (Greatest Decade IMO). But i cant complain too much considering we have it made pretty good now. Great find though it looks cool to see all those old rides back in their hayday.

Man, I miss The Bat more than even I realized. What a phenomenal coaster.

I agree with you WooferBearATL I miss The Bat! No other Suspended Coaster has even come close to the thrill of The Bat.

I had the fortune of being an ACE member on opening day of "The Bat" and was there for MRT (morning ride time). Got to the park at like 7:30am for an 8:30 admission and early ride time. What an absolutely enjoyable coaster. It is a real shame that they couldn't figure out how to solve the problems and leave it standing. But, one consolation... we have 50 or 60 great suspended coasters due to the education Arrow got from The Bat. I may be wrong, but I believe it was the FIRST EVER suspended coaster. I feel very priviledged to have had one of the first rides and 3 yrs of thrills from The Bat. Long live the memory of The Bat.

Oh, speaking of The Bat. Has anyone ever noted the arc cuts in the maintenance doors for Vortex? Next time you are getting on, check out above the maintenance doors above the storage track. You have to look before you climb the stairs. They are remnants of The Bat and the overhead track.

Man that looks like the good ole days of Kings Island back in the 80's (Greatest Decade IMO). But i cant complain too much considering we have it made pretty good now. Great find though it looks cool to see all those old rides back in their hayday.

The guy that has posted the video also has posted alot of pictures of The Bat at TPR. I don't know if we have it that good now days the park does not look that great if you have seen the video. Just seems like the park was more themed in the past then now with put a ride any where.

But, one consolation... we have 50 or 60 great suspended coasters due to the education Arrow got from The Bat. I may be wrong, but I believe it was the FIRST EVER suspended coaster.

There have only been 39 suspended coasters. 10 of them from Arrow.

Two of them actually came prior to Bat, but as expected, neither had the force of the current suspended coasters.

http://www.rcdb.com/ir.htm?cls=277&des...e=1&order=6

The guy that has posted the video also has posted alot of pictures of The Bat at TPR. I don't know if we have it that good now days the park does not look that great if you have seen the video. Just seems like the park was more themed in the past then now with put a ride any where.

The park was considerably better themed back in that period of time.

With any luck, CF will get it back to that point.

Does removing a nice serene, scenic, beautiful lake in Rivertown for a very large coaster seem like getting back to that point? Worth the trade? Not saying thats "confirmed", just a rumor I heard.

Does removing a nice serene, scenic, beautiful lake in Rivertown for a very large coaster seem like getting back to that point? Worth the trade? Not saying thats "confirmed", just a rumor I heard.

I think that they're doing that to detract from the abomination that is Back Lot Stut Coaster. <G>

Before we pass judgement on CF's decision to add a coaster and remove scenery, we should probably let the coaster become reality first.

And if they happen to add a coaster and take away from the scenery at KI, think back to 1989. CF added one of the better coasters of the last 20 years. And they just happened to stick the coaster directly on the beach of one of the largest fresh water lakes in the World.

I have heard that this coaster is sinking. but I have never heard anyone say that the trade of the lake scenery for the ride was not worth it.

I am also willing to bet that if BLSC was more like Maverick, many would not complain about where Paramount decided to located that coaster or that they took out scenery for the ride as well.

...that depends...in that hypothetical, did they also claim removal of the Flying Scooters aka Flying Eagles was also necessary, and not relocate them in the park?

It does matter, ya' know.

And, as the graffiti at Six Flags Great America's Batman: The Ride says (in response to the back then ad slogan: Get to the Point!) "What's The Point?"

Terpy...he'll be here all week, folks!

Yeah...the banking angles changed significantly between the two designs. Given I'm not informed in any way upon the actual design process, but I don't know what they were thinking...I'm a first year undergrad in engineering and I know how to calculate the necessary banking angle in a case such as this.

I know it's been said that the lack of banking is what doomed The Bat, but how does this compare to say, Top Gun today? Did the track really change that much? This is my lack of engineering coming through.

The banking of the track was probably the biggest issue of many issues that The Bat had. Just take a close look at the video, specifically where the line of vision is in line with the direction of the track going around a turn and you can see how the track is horizontal to the ground and compare it to some of the pictures of FD.

Yeah...the banking angles changed significantly between the two designs. Given I'm not informed in any way upon the actual design process, but I don't know what they were thinking...I'm a first year undergrad in engineering and I know how to calculate the necessary banking angle in a case such as this.

I've learned that First Year Undergrads are Always Experts in Their Fields..... or Else They Think They Are. <G>

I've learned that First Year Undergrads are Always Experts in Their Fields..... or Else They Think They Are. <G>

Just as much as the guy who sold food at the park at the time The Bat was around. <G>

Just as much as the guy who sold food at the park at the time The Bat was around. <G>

Difference... I rode The Bat well over 100 times. I had the opportunity to ride The Bat the last few rides before it was dismantled. (But opted not to as I would have missed school.)

I think that you'll agree that I do not make statements that I am reasonably or absolutely certain about.

Difference... I rode The Bat well over 100 times. I had the opportunity to ride The Bat the last few rides before it was dismantled. (But opted not to as I would have missed school.)

I think that you'll agree that I do not make statements that I am reasonably or absolutely certain about.

Oh, I have no doubt that you do, but DiscoDude wasn't claiming to be an expert, and made a general observation that he would probably know about. Lots of people ride coasters, doesn't mean they know how to maintain or fix them.

Oh, I have no doubt that you do, but DiscoDude wasn't claiming to be an expert, and made a general observation that he would probably know about. Lots of people ride coasters, doesn't mean they know how to maintain or fix them.

And this has taught you how to calculate the necessary banking angle how??? Having ridden the ride doesn't make you an expert about it. I'd trust the first year engineering student who hasn't ridden it before the e-surance worker who rode it 25 years ago.