Should Oktoberfest go?

italianchef

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I wish that they would up the theming of the Festhaus and have some German food in there rather than LaRosa's, as much as I like it... Even the chinese restraunt... which the name has slipped my mind at the moment... That's the most ridiculous restraunt in there in my honest opinion. If they remove Oktoberfest, pretty soon, as stated earlier in this thread I believe, Coney Mall would go, then Rivertown would disappear and then Kings Island would just be a clutter of rides with no theming to them what so ever.

It would seem just like a big overpriced carnival and it would be rather boring...

Just my 2 cents on this.

• 3 weeks later...
I'd like it even better if they didn't serve me overpriced, usually cold pizza there....

Kings Island is in desperate need of a nice, sit-down, full service eatery.

There's legitimate money to be made doing such.

Put another way, I really miss International Street Restaurant...and how.

I'm so glad that my aunt and uncle took me there to eat during our trip there in '92.

If only we had ridden the monorail...

Wow! I had no idea Oktoberfest was so popular. Maybe KI should add some German menu items to Festhaus and return some long missed German atmosphere to the area.

If I could by some German food in the Festhaus house I don't think I would eat any where else. I just love the food at October Fest. Wonders if Izzies would open up a little place.

why not just change it to "Waterpark Transport" that's all it is anymore

Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad was a far better name than just Kings Island railroad, the name along with references in the station and theming, apply to a lot of Cincinnati and the surrounding area's history.

I wonder what made them change the name? At Cedar Point it's called "Cedar Point & LAKE ERIE RAILROAD", why would Cedar Fair chage KI's?

• 1 month later...
I'm anxiously awaiting the return of Humble Pie and the Lunch Basket, not to mention The Rotor and the roving Clown Band! Heck, even Jeff may be back!

Cafe Mexicana, Cafe Kilimanjaro, Tecumseh Taco, Quick Draw's Cafe, Bam Bam's Bon Bon's, Smurf Goodies, La Pasteria, Der Spinning Kegger, Enchanted Voyage, Sky Ride.

And we never had a Burger Chef and Jeff Interp!

The only reason I suggested removing Oktoberfest was because its German heritage is all but gone. Serving pizza and Chineese food is Festhaus it ridiculous! There should be brats, metts, hot dogs, potato pancakes, saurkrat, pretzels etc. And we ought to hear German music. And other than Viking Fury, nothing looks remotely German anymore.

And for those skeptics of you who say that German food doesn't sell, visit Hofbrahaus in Newport.

My first choice is to restore the German heritage to Oktoberfest. My second choice is to have it absorbed by other areas because I hate to see a themed area that lacks theming.

Best regards,

Italian Chef

....My first choice is to restore the German heritage to Oktoberfest. My second choice is to have it absorbed by other areas because I hate to see a themed area that lacks theming....

Paramount ran theme parks (or at least thought it did). Cedar Fair, at least before this acquisition, ran amusement parks. I doubt you are going to see Cedar Fair making major attempts at theming, much less maintaining high levels of theming. You want theming, you are almost certainly going to have to head to Busch Gardens, Disney or even Universal.