Then and Now

stremmefan

JUST LIKE THE CURRENT RIDE NAME CHANGES, HUH! lol :lol:

I can sympathize with you because KD has changed A LOT since my first trip there in the early 80's.Gone are the following rides: Octopus,apple turnover,flying bobs,vertigo,flying dutchman(now located at SFA),diamond falls,sky pilot, all of the rides in the mountain(mine train,time shaft,haunted river,MT. Kilimanjaro) all for a mediocre & short inverted launch coaster,the Galaxi & King Kobra coasters & then there's the disgraceful changes to kidzville with the removal of the wacky wheels raceway & the king of all sacralidges...the retheming of yogi's cave to treasure cave about ten years ago.

Of course however times change & we must be willing to adapt to those changes,but ONE thing that doesn't change is our childhood memories of these parks from our first visits all the way throug hto our adult years....that's something that time,along with change can never take away from us.

my quote button isnt working on my phone... ya Ive been to the bend recently im there every few months because my parents live there. after about two days i cant wait to get back to Indy. the only stuff i like about the bend is nd, silver beach is close, and hacienda. also the winter down here is 10 times more bearable even though its only 2 hours south.

First of all ND sucks! (My mother in law works there), Silver beach isn't in South Bend, and Hacienda is where my daughter works. I am from over by the airport so if your up here every couple of months you know that area has been going throiugh ALOT of changes. The weather up here isn't too bad. Indy is way to busy for me, along with alot more crime. The only good things about Indy is the Brickyard, and White Castle. Also it's half way to KI from here and I would be able to go alot more often. lol :P

JUST LIKE THE CURRENT RIDE NAME CHANGES, HUH! lol :lol:

I can sympathize with you because KD has changed A LOT since my first trip there in the early 80's.Gone are the following rides: Octopus,apple turnover,flying bobs,vertigo,flying dutchman(now located at SFA),diamond falls,sky pilot, all of the rides in the mountain(mine train,time shaft,haunted river,MT. Kilimanjaro) all for a mediocre & short inverted launch coaster,the Galaxi & King Kobra coasters & then there's the disgraceful changes to kidzville with the removal of the wacky wheels raceway & the king of all sacralidges...the retheming of yogi's cave to treasure cave about ten years ago.

Of course however times change & we must be willing to adapt to those changes,but ONE thing that doesn't change is our childhood memories of these parks from our first visits all the way throug hto our adult years....that's something that time,along with change can never take away from us.

TRUE, SO TRUE!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

First of all ND sucks! (My mother in law works there)

As has my mother, and my grandfather did electrical work there for a few years. My dad directs traffic for the football games on the weekends. My sister also graduated from there. We all love the school. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

, Silver beach isn't in South Bend,

Ya, so I can't even count that as a reason to like South Bend. lol It's still a sweet beach though.

and Hacienda is where my daughter works.

They put Hacienda in Evansville, but not Indy, Total BS.

I am from over by the airport so if your up here every couple of months you know that area has been going through ALOT of changes.

South Bend now has a Hooters yay! The town is still a **** hole!

The weather up here isn't too bad.

For me it is, I hate snow! We get a fraction of it down here compared to South Bend.

Indy is way to busy for me, along with alot more crime.

How many times have you been to Indy? I don't find it "busy" at all. It's nothing like Chicago. You can get anywhere in the city within 30-40 minutes. I live in Castleton (NE Side) and get to work within 15-20. I work downtown. It's a big city with a small town feel to it. The shopping areas are no more busy than grape road is.

Well South Bend is no safe haven from Crime either, with that said, Indy's isn't bad for a city it's size.

The only good things about Indy is the Brickyard, and White Castle. Also it's half way to KI from here and I would be able to go alot more often. lol :P

Nascar blows, and White Castle gives you Diarrhea.