Interesting Signs

dare-to-fly

Google Maps or a GPS navigation system does not establish what is and is not public property. Property ownership and usage does. That being said, it is normally a defense to trespassing if the trespasser reasonably believed that they were not trespassing. If the owner has the property posted or has a means to control access, this is evidence such a belief is not reasonable. This is also the case if the trespasser has a history of entering the property and has been asked to quit the premises (aka LEAVE).

Okay...I'll put the brakes on this discussion now since you all like brakes so much. (I guess this is why I put a disclaimer on certain previous posts of mine.) In no way did we go through, on or around any kind of fence, ropes, gates, signs or otherwise enter any marked park or private property. When said signs are present, I immediately turn around (just like when Kings Mills Road ends at a covered bridge that says "private property"). There was no apparent means of keeping anyone out of any areas that we were in, otherwise we wouldn't have been in there. I respect the park enough to keep out of areas that are clearly off limits. If the tresspassing point is on up the road, this was not clear when we entered the area behind Great Wolf Lodge. Again, if it was, we wouldn't have gone any farther, and we never even left the car as it was. Furthermore, if I was mistakenly in an off limits area of the park, a simple request to leave would have been more than honored, and would have been accompanied with an appology.

Now...as for what I'm feeling at the moment. If the only thing that is going to come out of my posts is arguements as to how ethical or non-ethical my conduct was, I will refrain from posting any news that I may find from this forum. I certainly did not ask to be called into question about where I was or was not, and the only reason I posted in the first place was that I found an interesting sign that I thought you all would be interested to know about. I see that I was mistaken. You would rather argue and piddle about whether or not I was beyond the no tresspassing point of what appeared to be a public road. Give me a large break and a Coke to go with it!

House,

Like yourself, I'm not "favorite fanboy" member of this board... But I do totally dissagree with what you said about BrownTggrr, he is a well-respected forum member and does not need a "verbal beatdown" from you. However, I do believe in the first amendment of the US... Our right to Free Speech and I do believe this board, on a few occassions, have shot down this right of ours.

But again, please don't disrespect Browntggrr... Ryan... or anyone else on this forum. You only make yourself look like an idiot without anyone calling it to you! -Hauntguy

As Thomas Jefferson said, there is freedom of the press, for the [person] who owns one. This is Ryan's, and Dane's and the other mods' site. The First Amendment does NOT apply. You are free to post what is in conformance with their rules, nothing more.

If you don't like that or can't do that, you are free to start your own website.

And that's the way it is....

Okay...I'll put the brakes on this discussion now since you all like brakes so much. (I guess this is why I put a disclaimer on certain previous posts of mine.) In no way did we go through, on or around any kind of fence, ropes, gates, signs or otherwise enter any marked park or private property. When said signs are present, I immediately turn around (just like when Kings Mills Road ends at a covered bridge that says "private property"). There was no apparent means of keeping anyone out of any areas that we were in, otherwise we wouldn't have been in there. I respect the park enough to keep out of areas that are clearly off limits. If the tresspassing point is on up the road, this was not clear when we entered the area behind Great Wolf Lodge. Again, if it was, we wouldn't have gone any farther, and we never even left the car as it was. Furthermore, if I was mistakenly in an off limits area of the park, a simple request to leave would have been more than honored, and would have been accompanied with an appology.

Now...as for what I'm feeling at the moment. If the only thing that is going to come out of my posts is arguements as to how ethical or non-ethical my conduct was, I will refrain from posting any news that I may find from this forum. I certainly did not ask to be called into question about where I was or was not, and the only reason I posted in the first place was that I found an interesting sign that I thought you all would be interested to know about. I see that I was mistaken. You would rather argue and piddle about whether or not I was beyond the no tresspassing point of what appeared to be a public road. Give me a large break and a Coke to go with it!

You could have just answered no to the question if you went into private property or not.

And I have not read that anyone accused that you did go onto private property. The only comments that were made were questions of where you were, and the possible results if you did happen to go onto private property.

But considering your rather defensive comments, and rather long disclaimer; you have given the appearence of someone who is trying to hide something or is guilty of something.

Now the question that I have is: if you and your friends took the effort to drive around the park just to get a possible glimpse of off-season activity, why not take a camera with you? Documenting your efforts as well as documenting what you saw and where you saw it from certainly would put to rest the speculation.

I don't post much as you can tell. But i visit this site on a frequent basis. I'm gonna throw my 2 sense in. I think there is a bigger thing here than you people see. They weren't back there doing anything wrong. they never left the car anything like that, but if they can just drive back there and no one said anything to them, who else can do that? .......dont know? ill tell you who....TERRORIST!!! yes.... ok Far fetched? i know sorry just trying to lighten the mood. You can defiantly tell its off season :) but really, lets move on and talk about what this site is truely about Kings Island and its awsome coasters!!

I don't post much as you can tell. But i visit this site on a frequent basis. I'm gonna throw my 2 sense in. I think there is a bigger thing here than you people see. They weren't back there doing anything wrong. they never left the car anything like that, but if they can just drive back there and no one said anything to them, who else can do that? .......dont know? ill tell you who....TERRORIST!!! yes.... ok Far fetched? i know sorry just trying to lighten the mood. You can defiantly tell its off season :) but really, lets move on and talk about what this site is truely about Kings Island and its awsome coasters!!

Sorry but what would a terrorist do at KI? <_<

Very intresting question I believe

Actually, I'd be more worried about someone wandering into the park, getting hurt, and suing the living heck out of them. There really isn't any kind of CIA operation going on at the park this year... they're not hiding anything from you. It's the same reason why your neighbors don't want you jumping on their trampoline or swimming in their above ground pool when they're not home.

As Thomas Jefferson said, there is freedom of the press, for the [person] who owns one. This is Ryan's, and Dane's and the other mods' site. The First Amendment does NOT apply. You are free to post what is in conformance with their rules, nothing more.

If you don't like that or can't do that, you are free to start your own website.

And that's the way it is....

Shouldn't that be be in my quote section?

You could have just answered no to the question if you went into private property or not.

And I have not read that anyone accused that you did go onto private property. The only comments that were made were questions of where you were, and the possible results if you did happen to go onto private property.

But considering your rather defensive comments, and rather long disclaimer; you have given the appearence of someone who is trying to hide something or is guilty of something.

Now the question that I have is: if you and your friends took the effort to drive around the park just to get a possible glimpse of off-season activity, why not take a camera with you? Documenting your efforts as well as documenting what you saw and where you saw it from certainly would put to rest the speculation.

I did just answer the question--in no uncertain terms for those in this forum that just like to pick fights like yourself. I wasn't yelling, swearing, or any other rude type of etiquette. I simply answered the question, but since you brought it up, I am rather frustrated that a simple post about something that I thought was interesting turned into a three page arguement over ethics.

As someone who:

* Lost friends in the Pentagon terrorist attack,

* Lost friends in the New York City terrorist attack,

* Has attended many industry meetings concerning potential threats to the highly visible park industry,

* Is very concerned with security in ways that cannot and will not be discussed here,

You will have to pardon me if I see absolutely NOTHING funny or far-fetched about your concerns. Homeland security is something to be taken seriously.

I am stunned you find it humorous.

Perhaps you should ask some of the many, many people who were arrested for taking pictures of national landmarks and large buildings in cities like New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, etc. after 9-11, or those who were taking pictures of dams, power plants, and yes, amusement parks. To top that off, you can then go ask some of the 9-11 victim's families if they find any humor in this situation....

The question was answered on page one of this argument. There are still accusatory posts long after the question was answered. As dare-to-fly and myself stated, there was no illegal activity involved. I do not, however, believe that the park contacted anyone over such a simple post. They have much more important things to worry about, especially considering that the original post stated that we were on a public road, and on the bike trail. To answer the question about pictures, there were pictures taken, and they are on film that is not developed yet. Some of us still use old fashioned technology.

By the way, I would guess any guest at Great Wolf Lodge could get closer than we did to the park, and this sign. I assume that they are free to walk in the grass, and could very easily walk right up to the fence between KI and GWL. This would allow that person to almost touch the sign in question, if you were to try. We never even got out of the car, which was on the public road by GWL.

someone should really close this topic, and if someone did anthrax SOB i think it would be putting it out of its misery :lol:

The Interpreter, lighten up, and in a way i was serious, if anyone can just walk up to a amusement park and just go through the back un-detected than maybe that is a Genuine concern. oh and you wanna talk about homeland security? you know there is NO security at the statue of liberty? I find it rather funny that all you people have to do is play policeman to people who didn't even do anything wrong, nor break any laws. like i said, this site is about Kings Island and its coasters. Why can't we have discussions about that?

(let the ripping begin) :wacko:

someone should really close this topic

-Thanks, we got the moderating under control.

The Interpreter, lighten up,

-Speaking also as someone who lost family friends on 9/11 and almost lost my own father on that day, I in no way see how the Interpreter should lighten up, in fact, I think you should show a little more respect to those of us who lost people that day and remember it VERY vividly. Maybe instead of telling people to "lighten up" you should be a little more respectful.

and in a way i was serious, if anyone can just walk up to a amusement park and just go through the back un-detected than maybe that is a Genuine concern. oh and you wanna talk about homeland security? you know there is NO security at the statue of liberty?

-You know, thats funny, I was just there in December and the place was crawling with security, mostly private organizations sporting .357 revolvers.[

I find it rather funny that all you people have to do is play policeman to people who didn't even do anything wrong, nor break any laws. like i said,

-No one's playing policeman, Boddah asked an honest question, a question that protects this websites agreements and excellent relationship with the park, considering you don't know the property lines of the park or any other complete circumstances of dare-to-fly's situation, you also are in no position to point out guilt or innocene.

this site is about Kings Island and its coasters. Why can't we have discussions about that?

(let the ripping begin) :wacko:

-There are plenty of discussions about that on here if you take a look around. We, the moderators, get to decide what can and can't be discussed, so far it has been seen fit by multiple moderators and administrators that this topic stay open, therefore it shall.

^I second that. In fact, I wish we had a smilie that bowed down like I've seen over at Terrel Owens' web site.

Tggr is a great contributor.

Ryan does have the right to question any poster on this board.

House, you need to prescribe yourself a Xanax or something like it. Not that I am pro using drugs, unless prescribed.

I did just answer the question--in no uncertain terms for those in this forum that just like to pick fights like yourself. I wasn't yelling, swearing, or any other rude type of etiquette. I simply answered the question, but since you brought it up, I am rather frustrated that a simple post about something that I thought was interesting turned into a three page arguement over ethics.

Well my intention was certainly not to pick a fight by any means, but to calm the rather "defensive spirit" that has seemed to be brought into the conversation.

If you broke no laws, then there is nothing to hide and no reason to become defensive. If you didn't do it, then you didn't do it. But the question if you were on KI property does need to be asked, and the ethical nature if you were tresspassing does need to be brought up. Only because if you did happen to make a mistake, to let it be understood that it was an innocent mistake and should not be attempted again. But more importantly, to stop another person from doing the same thing and taking it a step further.

And I was only trying to point out that if you would have brought a camera with you to show where you could see these signs, it would put to rest all speculation.

A Few Good Men

written by Aaron Sorkin

Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.

Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I want the truth!

Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a darn what you think you're entitled to!

And I was only trying to point out that if you would have brought a camera with you to show where you could see these signs, it would put to rest all speculation.

You bet. It would have clearly shown the locked gate and fence in my picture.

I'll take the camera next time, and would have this time--forgetful me. ;)

Guest kwindshawne

Gordon-I didn't know you lost friends to 9/11 that is sad-I had left hudson, NY June 2001, and worked with people who had relatives in the city.

I am not disrespecting the mods on this board by any means, but in the last month or so, I am seeing more hostility on the board-it is not as innocent and carefree as it once was. And that is a shame. Has it arrived at the point where we have to be politically correct because we are under microscopic scrutiny from the media? To me, that discourages open discussion. If you hadn't noticed, I don't like conflict. This board is something cool, and I would hate to see it change to the point that everything that is said is picked with a fine tooth comb.

I'm ready...go ahead and let me have it...............