Kings Island to Host Job Fair, 2008 Entertainment Auditions, New Ride Names, Season Passes & More!

A diverse range of job opportunities are available at Kings Island, as the park announced today plans to hire more than 4,000 seasonal associates for the 2008 operating season, which begins April 20. In addition to international and regional recruiting, Kings Island will host job fairs Saturday, February 16 and Sunday, February 17 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the park, located at 6300 Kings Island Drive.

Associates are needed in all areas of park operation, including admissions, cash control, entertainment, food and beverage, games, guest relations, merchandise, sales and service, security and warehouse. Anyone 15 years of age or older who wants an exciting and rewarding place to work this summer can learn more about the different departments at www.visitkingsisland.com. Apply online, and then come out to the job fair for an interview.

Kings Island is an Equal Opportunity employer. For more information or questions regarding employment, please call (513) 754-5748 or visit www.visitkingsisland.com.

With the 2008 season beginning on Sunday, April 20th, Kings Island is gearing up for a new era. With this new era comes some exciting changes to the park. Trading in the magic of the movies for the thrills, spills, and entertainment of the traditional American amusement park, Cedar Fair has been dedicated to ushering in a better Kings Island for all of us.

Part of this new era includes changing the name of some of the rides and attractions to better suit the new look of the park. Top Gun, Kings Island's suspended coaster will be now known as Flight Deck. The Italian Job Stunt Track will shed its name in favor of the Backlot Stunt Coaster, and finally Tomb Raider: The Ride will be dubbed The Crypt beginning in 2008.

Also as part of the conversion, the Paramount logo was stripped from the marquee last October and a new logo was recently installed, showing off the new Kings Island and Cedar Fair logos. "When you think of Kings Island, you think of world-class, thrill-inducing roller coasters, action-packed attractions, 15-acre water park, seven-time award-winning kids' area, high-energy entertainment and great times with family and friends," said Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager in an interview with Charles Infosino, a freelance journalist for Cox Ohio Publishing. "We believe our new sign captures the essence of what Kings Island is." The sign's construction was completed in early January. Click here to see photos of the sign construction and the completed results!

Are you a total ham? Destined for Broadway? Kings Island wants to hear from you! Auditions for Kings Island's 2008 entertainment lineup resume on Saturday and Sunday, Feb 16th and 17th at Kings Island. Kings Island is currently looking for singers (particularly with contemporary country experience), character cohorts, musicians (specifically horn and reed instrumentalists), meet & greet characters, and technicians/costumers. Earn some extra cash, build your resume', learn something new and have a blast while doing it! Click here to read the full press release, or go to VisitKingsIsland.com to apply online!

Sunday, April 20, 2008, will be Kings Island's opening day for the 2008 season! New for 2008! Kings Island will be open FRIDAYS in May! Click here to view Kings Island's 2008 operating schedule and remember to save the date, April 20, 2008!

Purchase your 2008 Kings Island season pass now and get the LOWEST PRICE of the year!

There are now some exciting new options for Kings Island season passes. A Kings Island Gold Pass gives you access to Kings Island's over 50 attractions including some of the world's greatest thrill rides, captivating live shows, games, diverse food and much more! Also with a Gold Season Pass you get special VIP perks such as exclusive ride times, early entrance to Boomerang Bay, discounted meal deals and an exclusive parking area!

New for 2008! Purchase a Cedar Fair Platinum Pass and get free admission and parking at ALL Cedar Fair dry and water parks! This includes, but is not limited to, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom, Dorney Park, and Knott's Berry Farm. On top of all of that, any Platinum Pass purchased through Kings Island will have all the privileges of a Gold Pass!

Go to Kings Island's new web site, VisitKingsIsland.com now and purchase your Kings Island Gold Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? No Matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

With the 2008 season beginning on Sunday, April 20th, Kings Island is gearing up for a new era. With this new era comes some exciting changes to the park. Trading in the magic of the movies for the thrills, spills, and entertainment of the traditional American amusement park, Cedar Fair has been dedicated to ushering in a better Kings Island for all of us.

My favorite part of what you posted Ryan! Looking forward to CF returning KI to its' original charm.

Part of this new era includes changing the name of some of the rides and attractions to better suit the new look of the park. Top Gun, Kings Island's suspended coaster will be now known as Flight Deck. The Italian Job Stunt Track will shed its name in favor of the Backlot Stunt Coaster, and finally Tomb Raider: The Ride will be dubbed The Crypt beginning in 2008.

Cedar Fair has been dedicated to ushering in a better Kings Island for all of us

Wow I don't think of great new things see the names picked out for this year. If Cedar Fair can bring us a better Kings Island start with the names and less trash cans please.

Guess I have been to many different parks out their and I am starting to see Cedar Fair and Six Flags are about the same now days.

My favorite part of what you posted Ryan! Looking forward to CF returning KI to its' original charm.

Note the wording: Trading in the magic of the movies for the thrills, spills, and entertainment of the traditional American amusement park, Cedar Fair has been dedicated to ushering in a better Kings Island for all of us.

Amusement Park.

Amusement Park.

Amusement Park.

Originally, Kings Island was a theme park. Many of us have wondered whether Cedar Fair would continue in the theme park direction and perhaps restore some of the theming that Paramount let go....others thought the parks would go more in the traditional Cedar Fair "amusement park" direction.

The Interpreter...interpreting...

Well, until I came here, I had never heard of KI being referred to as a theme park until Paramount took over. Yes, KI had more theming than say CP, but CP still has themed sections. Although, the theming has been kinda skewed the last 5-10 years or so, kinda like the way Paramount screwed up the overall theming of KI.

So, maybe they will bring back the original feel of KI...maybe not. Anything, to me, is better than what Paramount did to trash some of the themed areas within the park. Yeah, Action Zone is not a bad theme, other than it's solid concrete. Otherwise, Paramount kinda destroyed the general theming of KI. Not to mention, I had heard at one point that Paramount wanted to remove the floral clock.

Can anyone tell me about the auditions, how many singers they are looking for, age, profile, description etc. the last audition I was on was in Nashville and I stood in line for six hours, not fun, I had a good audition, and got a call back but I am not sure that is what I want to do, or if it is worth all the money flying all over for one, two, or three more auditions, so I am looking for other places to sing to get exposure and more experience !

Well to be honest I worked in the Entertainment department and it makes for a long season however it was good times. I am not sure how Cf does their hiring for the entertainment dept. But i do know it is according to what kind of future you want in the entertainment industry. I noticed last year a lot of the entertainers were from Cincy area. When I worked their ther was a lot of out of staters. I made some ever lasting friendships at KI and wouldnt trade it for the world...

• 4 weeks later...

Cedar Point obviously has a much larger work force. I believe the reason you see so much diversity there is due to the large amounts of international employees in all departments and the fact that Cedar Point offers dorms and housing for their workers. To date, Kings Island does not offer a similar housing program for employees and under Paramount there were no more International employees in the Rides department at Kings Island after 2004. This has yet to change since the Cedar Fair acquisition.

You are correct, but I hear there's nothing to brag about CP's dorms. I've been told that they are in horrible condition. But, that is the reason they get more international employees I'm sure.

yea, when i was in seventh grade i went with the middle school band to preform in music in the park and we stayed at the hotel breakers and those rooms were in horridable shape. we even asked why they let the rooms go like they did and they said it was to keep the historicalness of the hotel. but the weird thing was the rooms were the only thing that were in such bad condition :wacko:

You are correct, but I hear there's nothing to brag about CP's dorms. I've been told that they are in horrible condition. But, that is the reason they get more international employees I'm sure.

yea, when i was in seventh grade i went with the middle school band to preform in music in the park and we stayed at the hotel breakers and those rooms were in horridable shape. we even asked why they let the rooms go like they did and they said it was to keep the historicalness of the hotel. but the weird thing was the rooms were the only thing that were in such bad condition :wacko:

are you gonna try to work there :lol:

hered they look bad and are ugly :angry:

There is a HUGE difference between the Breakers and the dorms. One is lodging for the public for a price in a resort setting...the other is employee lodging provided at minimal cost.

Yet employees of Cedar Point resorts are afforded the "luxury" of staying in the hotel breakers in the twin section. To say those rooms are in a state of disrepair would be a generous statement. I lived in CP housing for 4 days before venturing out to find an apartment in sandusky. It made for a much better summer...

I lived in the ceaders dorms (big red building you see by the marina). It was trash in 97. I went to the park in 2006 and it had not changed. The other dorms had there benefits. Some were like huge apartments others not so much. Pki tried to give internationals housing at UC. The internationals destroyed the houseing. It did not help that the dorms were run like prisions at UC. Every body had to check in and out with id . No Id not get in . CP does have a employee bar off campus. It was a blast I am sure there are former CP employees that can back that up.

The employee housing at Cedar Point is, well, awful. They really do need to step it up sometime soon. That said, the Commons dorms (the off-Point dorms) are probably the best place to stay. And that's saying something, considering 4 people are in a room smaller than your average college dorm room.

As for an "employee bar"...That isn't completely true. I'm assuming you are talking about Louie's. While it is a bar, and is frequented by Cedar Point employees, it is open to anybody else as well and is not, in any way, affiliated with Cedar Point or Cedar Fair.

Anyways, relating this all back to Kings Island...If the park were to begin offering employee housing at some point in the future, I pray that it will be better than Cedar Point's housing. (And hopefully CP will update their housing options soon...But that's just wishful thinking)