Racer

Guest faceoff

Changing the direction of the ride is not as bad of an idea as removing it. ( which I don't think was ever an issue, just a comparison by thought ) But it would be a very sad decision for me personally. I remember when I was a kid, my sister who was working at the park in 1991 finally talked me into breaking my fears and riding all of the roller coasters with her one day. And the 1st big coaster that she took me on was The Racer going backwards.

If they change this ride, at least it will always be there to look at and remember what it was like to ride it backwards.

They can alter The Racer, and take it into the future in a new direction, again for the 1st time, but they can never take away your memories of it, when it was different. ( if it becomes different )

I'm writing in awkward tongues now, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

This is a very familiar story. in the late 80's/early 90's my sister took me to the park to ride adult roller coasters for the very first time, the first ride she took me on was the backward racer, ever since it has been my favorite wooden coaster, I probably ride it well over 50 times a year, it is my favorite ride at the park, it usually is the first thing I ride when I get there, and the last thing I ride before I leave, this wold be a major blow for me, I would be totally depressed, much like my mother was depressed when they took out the tumblebug many years ago.

I never have to wait long for the forwards Racer. If both will be forwards, my wait will be even shorter. Hence, I would welcome both going forwards if it happens.

You make a number of assumptions. From that both will be running forward to that both will be open when you are in line. Keep in mind that if this change happens, it makes it MUCH easier for the park to only run one side on light days...and your line will then likely be close to twice as long as it would otherwise be.

I never have to wait long for the forwards Racer. If both will be forwards, my wait will be even shorter. Hence, I would welcome both going forwards if it happens.

You make a number of assumptions. From that both will be running forward to that both will be open when you are in line. Keep in mind that if this change happens, it makes it MUCH easier for the park to only run one side on light days...and your line will then likely be close to twice as long as it would otherwise be.

Assumptions seem to be running high these days.

To both sides going forward...

To only one side operating...

To longer lines...