Many Rides Get New Name, Updates At Kings Island

Browntggrr

Given what little bit of changing they did to the CBS Cafe down at Carowinds, I wouldn't expect much more than a sign change. Down there, they even kept the television series posters up inside.

I found the last sentence to be perhaps the most interesting:

...More changes are planned for the park and the names of its rides, an official said.

Given what little bit of changing they did to the CBS Cafe down at Carowinds, I wouldn't expect much more than a sign change. Down there, they even kept the television series posters up inside.

I found the last sentence to be perhaps the most interesting:

...More changes are planned for the park and the names of its rides, an official said.

Indeed... What else would change? Is that just change for the sake of changing, or is CF attempting to totally erase the Paramount era from our minds???

Also it confirms 2 other name changes. Happy Days Diner to Jukebox Diner, and Paramount Theatre, to Kings Island Theatre.

True :rolleyes:

Indeed... What else would change? Is that just change for the sake of changing, or is CF attempting to totally erase the Paramount era from our minds???

1. Anything Paramount 2. False 3. True

I'm guessing Flight Deck will change to Afterburner much like at GA.

False

I'm sure they will keeping the 50's theme to Juke Box Diner?

Probably True.

Great catch! I like the article. It has great information.

True.

I wonder what else might be changed in the future.

Speculation would include "Congo" Falls, Paramount FX Theatre, Wings Diner, and Delirium. But I also wonder if they would be willing to change the names of other rides in the park. This would no doubt affect the names of the "Rows of Parking" in the main parking lot to Kings Island. ( BUT I DO NOT HAVE THIS INFORMATION CONFIRMED! )

I still wonder if Cedar Fair has intentions to keep the Nickelodeon theming as a permanent keeper. I personally feel that it would be a foolish alteration to get rid of the popular theming, but the statement of more changes to come makes me wonder. However, I would like to see the name of "Fairly Odd Coaster" changed. If not back to The Beastie ( which it will forever be to me ) than to something that is at least better than it's current name.

And to agree with previous quotes, I also like the change of Paramount Theatre to Kings Island Theatre.

Although, it would have been nice had they restored it to its original name of "Armerican Heritage Theater." The building opened for the 1976 season. However, since they renames the Paramount Theater at other similarly to Kings Island Theater for last season, I could see this name change coming to Kings Island.

In regards to the Paramount Action FX Theater, that can be remedied by simply dropping the Paramount name.

And no, they do NOT have to rename Delirium, as it is not the name of a Paramount movie or property.

I wonder what else might be changed in the future.

Speculation would include "Congo" Falls, Paramount FX Theatre, Wings Diner, and Delirium. But I also wonder if they would be willing to change the names of other rides in the park. This would no doubt affect the names of the "Rows of Parking" in the main parking lot to Kings Island. ( BUT I DO NOT HAVE THIS INFORMATION CONFIRMED! )

I think it would be kinda nice to still have the Parking Rows still listed as the old name. The public is still going to call the rides the old names.

I mean people did not call it Paramount's Kings Island. They just said Kings Island.

Names are being changed due to:

* A desire to not advertise the properties of another, probably without compensation.

* A desire to stamp one's own identity on the park.

* In preparation for the days when the ride names' licenses must be renewed.

Given all that, I cannot possibly imagine a ride name changing in the park but NOT in the parking lot. That would be no logic in that.

Thats my plan^ jusr gona call them by the old names.

!ALSO!

don't be surprise if Drop Tower, goes back to drop zone. drop zone is not really related to paramount, there are many other drop rides that are name drop zone. So im sure right now their just being safe and checking into the licences for the ride.

Changing the names is not some decision they're just going to take lightly. Drop Tower is going to be Drop Tower.

Change the name THEN check the license? I'm sure thats what they're thinking.

That's like the United states adding a Star to the Flag, then checking to see whether Puerto Rico wants to become a state then, removing the star if they decide not to.

Name changes are not a simple process, there are themeing changes, sign changes, logo changes, all the media that has to be printed (brochures, maps, etc.). Its not something they're just going to bounce back and fourth on.

If the park wasn't sure about the licensing then they would have waited untill they were to change the name. They're not going to release the new names, then say, "actually since we dont technically have to change the name we're going to change it back."

It's ok to want to remember what attractions have always been called, but face it, if you are working at the park this year, and a first time guest walks up and asks you How do I get to Flight Deck?, Invertigo?, or Whatever...it will probably become 2nd nature to simply start calling them by their new names. After all, to a person at a park where everything is new to them, it's whats going to be listed online and on the park maps. It is going to be all that they know. To avoid guest confusion, learning the attractions new names should be a top priority, especially for complacent returning associates.

Not that there are any of us like that in here......

To avoid guest confusion, learning the attractions new names should be a top priority, especially for complacent returning associates.

I don't think any department will be stressing the name changes as much as you might think. They might mention it once during their department trainings, but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

There is a jukebox in the Waffle House, next to my house. There is also one at the TJ Chumps, and in the BW3's. Also there is one in Perkins that only has like classical music. So to answer you question I see the old ones, and even the new computer interface ones in places all over.

I'd assume, I mean,

When was the last time you've ACTUALLY seen a JukeBox in a diner? (That's not there for themeing {aka Johnny Rockets])

Those jukeboxes DO work, you know. They're not just theming, they're functional.

I'd assume, I mean,

When was the last time you've ACTUALLY seen a JukeBox in a diner? (That's not there for themeing {aka Johnny Rockets])

Texas Roadhouse. And isn't the Jukebox Dinner actually shaped like a jukebox at the top?